Gore likens 'global warming' skeptics to racists, supporters of apartheid and homopho

Alate_One

Logic is beyond you lot, isn't it? If you accept my hypothesis, how could sea level not be affected? If you reject my hypothesis, show us how it cannot be true; don't wail about evidence when you have no intention of ever considering it.
Nobody's accepting your hypothesis. And even if we did. I just showed you a link from NASA that says the radius of the earth hasn't changed.

Thermal expansion of what?
The water on the earth. Try to pay attention. We're talking about sea level rise.

Nope. I have something better than evidence. I have fact. Physical necessity. That the Earth's rotation speed increases necessitates a movement of mass toward the core.
Your ideas for how the world works are not facts. Science is decided by evidence. Not the niftiest idea someone comes up with, or in your case silly schemes.

Here's another one for you. We know sea level has changed a lot in the past, gone up and down. Is the earth magically shrinking and then expanding again?

The link says the planet's radius is not changing, statistically insignificant. Sea level is rising at about 3.2 mm per year.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nobody's accepting your hypothesis.
To be fair, nobody has spent even a moment considering its premise.

And even if we did. I just showed you a link from NASA that says the radius of the earth hasn't changed.
Right you are.

And after that correction I've discovered something about my ideas that I need to correct.

So I'll concede that sea level is not going to be significantly affected by gravity effects anytime soon.

Alate_One

And after that correction I've discovered something about my ideas that I need to correct.

So I'll concede that sea level is not going to be significantly affected by gravity effects anytime soon.
Haha miracles never cease it seems. So, what then is causing sea level rise if not thermal expansion and land ice melting?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What then is causing sea level rise if not thermal expansion and land ice melting?

Who knows?

They might not be rising. If they are, it might be those things you say.

However, demanding that we not use fossil fuels is going to do exactly nothing to help.

gcthomas

Who knows?

Real scientists know. You are just not listening, because the truth challenges your preconceptions that you hold so dear.

They might not be rising. If they are, it might be those things you say.

Yes, they are, and it is.

However, demanding that we not use fossil fuels is going to do exactly nothing to help.

There is not a single learned society of professional scientists that claims climate change is not happening or is but isn't caused by humans. The last body to change its position was a body of geologists who, as you know, are mostly employed by the fossil fuel industry. But even they have rejected your position now.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Real scientists know.
No, they don't.

Real scientists hold their ideas as the most ephemeral of concepts.

You are just not listening, because the truth challenges your preconceptions that you hold so dear.

Yes, they are, and it is.

Nope.

There is not a single learned society of professional scientists that claims climate change is not happening or is but isn't caused by humans.
Therefore, something. :idunno:

Darwinists can't help themselves. They always turn to popularity as if it was convincing.

gcthomas

No, they don't.

Real scientists hold their ideas as the most ephemeral of concepts.

You are just not listening, because the truth challenges your preconceptions that you hold so dear.

Nope.

Therefore, something. :idunno:

Darwinists can't help themselves. They always turn to popularity as if it was convincing.

Discussion usually entaila each party offering ideas or thoughts pertaining to the previous comments. You, OTOH, just offer the same old guff, the same old content free, banal autoreply comments that could have been written in response to almost any post.

You are empty of ideas, Stripe. That is why to get nowhere. You suffer from the delusion that since you have ideas then they must be good ideas, much like Trump. But everyone else can see that the emperor has no clothes.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Discussion usually entaila each party offering ideas or thoughts pertaining to the previous comments. You, OTOH, just offer the same old guff, the same old content free, banal autoreply comments that could have been written in response to almost any post.

:blabla:

I feel confident that with time and counseling you'll get over it.

You are empty of ideas, Stripe. That is why to get nowhere. You suffer from the delusion that since you have ideas then they must be good ideas, much like Trump. But everyone else can see that the emperor has no clothes.

Nope.

I provide good reasons for what I believe and give up on ideas that prove baseless. Feel free to engage rationally instead of demanding that I bow to your agenda because you think it is more popular than anything else and then resorting to nonsense when called on your irrational garbage.

gcthomas

I provide good reasons for what I believe and give up on ideas that prove baseless.

No. You rarely do. What you do actually do is make assertions and claim to have given the reasons before in previous posts, but which have mysteriously disappeared when anyone looks. Anyone would think that you were an uneducated forum troll, forever dissembling and refusing to be pinned down on anything specific.

But that has been your modus operandus for years, so I don't think you'll ever change your approach.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope. Always.

I do not offer ideas without reason. And even if I did, it would be vastly superior to your tactics of declaring popularity to be a factor and then resorting to lies when called on your irrational nonsense.

Learn to engage rationally, troll. :troll:

gcthomas

Nope. Always.

I do not offer ideas without reason. And even if I did, it would be vastly superior to your tactics of declaring popularity to be a factor and then resorting to lies when called on your irrational nonsense.

Just another content free post, Stripe. With the added bonus of accusations of lying and irrationality when in reality all I did was disagree with you.

But that is what you always do - my fault for expecting more, I suppose.

Arthur Brain

Nope. Always.

He is, you're not.

Your transparency and "evolutionist" mantras et al wore thin a long long time ago...

:plain:

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just another content free post, Stripe. With the added bonus of accusations of lying and irrationality when in reality all I did was disagree with you. But that is what you always do - my fault for expecting more, I suppose.

Here's what you hold to:

There is not a single learned society of professional scientists that claims climate change is not happening or is but isn't caused by humans. The last body to change its position was a body of geologists who, as you know, are mostly employed by the fossil fuel industry. But even they have rejected your position now.

You were asked what this statement showed. I asked: "Therefore, something. :idunno:"

So tell us. For the sake of argument we will concede that every scientist agrees with your agenda. Now tell us what that means.

Greg Jennings

Here's what you hold to:

You were asked what this statement showed. I asked: "Therefore, something. :idunno:"

So tell us. For the sake of argument we will concede that every scientist agrees with your agenda. Now tell us what that means.

According to yourself, can any conclusion that scientists come to be trusted? And if so, how do you know what can or can't be?