good morning breakfast clubbers

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's a mickey mouse subject you know that right? Although I can't be too hypocritical considering the high value of art hung around my home. None of them bought by me though. For me artists provide little, if any value to the world.

Mickey mouse, no. I don't agree. Though as I have told her, the realty of finding a job as an artist isn't nearly as easy as other occupations. As far as your rudeness in suggesting my daughter adds *very little value to the world* ... shove it.

illusionray

Mickey mouse, no. I don't agree. Though as I have told her, the realty of finding a job as an artist isn't nearly as easy as other occupations.
Tell her to just drop the subject, it's incredibly difficult to find space in such a tiny market and it has no transferable skills whatsoever. Just tell her the truth.

Thunder's Muse

Tell her to just drop the subject, it's incredibly difficult to find space in such a tiny market and it has no transferable skills whatsoever. Just tell her the truth.

The truth? That as an artist, she needs to create to feel whole? That art isn't for the money but because it gives your soul a voice, an ability to express who you truly are?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You are speaking of my daughter ... so I will put this as nicely as possible:

Shut up and keep your trolling out the lives of my family members.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, you're feisty. I was giving you golden advice you know.

I have been a mother for more than half of my life span. Just because I am unwilling to crush her dreams, doesn't mean I don't see the realty of how limited her job options will be as compared to other fields.

Thunder's Muse

I have been a mother for more than half of my life span. Just because I am unwilling to crush her dreams, doesn't mean I don't see the realty of how limited her job options will be as compared to other fields.

You gotta let your kids try for the dream....they just might make it :)

illusionray

Meh, you're probably similar age to my mother then. Having been brought up by extremely pushy and snobbish parents, I don't think it's fair that other kids have it so easy. That's what compelled this little nosy brat to comment :chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Meh, you're probably similar age to my mother then. Having been brought up by extremely pushy and snobbish parents, I don't think it's fair that other kids have it so easy. That's what compelled this little nosy brat to comment :chuckle:

I am half a century years old. I came from a family where both of my parents worked and made enough to pay the bills and feed and clothes their four children.

I started working part-time at the age of 15 and paid for all schooling and training after I graduated from high school. Admittedly, I did have the privilege of attending two private Christian schools from the grades of 7th through 12th, but it certainly wasn't a drop in the bucket.

My father's field of work lead him to an early retirement and grave.

illusionray

I am half a century years old. I came from a family where both of my parents worked and made enough to pay the bills and feed and clothes their four children.

I started working part-time at the age of 15 and paid for all schooling and training after I graduated from high school. Admittedly, I did have the privilege of attending two private Christian schools from the grades of 7th through 12th, but it certainly wasn't a drop in the bucket.

My father's field of work lead him to an early retirement and grave.
Yeah, you're pretty much my mother's age. Interesting background. I am privately educated as well but I barely saw my father at all, in fact I still rarely see him, his work occupies his life haha But I'm not complaining.

15's very early to be working though. I think it might be the US culture.

zoo22

That's a mickey mouse subject you know that right? Although I can't be too hypocritical considering the high value of art hung around my home. None of them bought by me though. For me artists provide little, if any value to the world.

I need to start looking at the glass as half full. So I remind myself that you and Jabin could go on a picnic together and get eaten by bears.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, you're pretty much my mother's age. Interesting background. I am privately educated as well but I barely saw my father at all, in fact I still rarely see him, his work occupies his life haha But I'm not complaining.

15's very early to be working though. I think it might be the US culture.

I wanted the chance to earn some money of my own rather than relying on my parents for things such as extra spending money, lunch money, birthday and Christmas gifts, extras, etc.

zoo22

Well, depending on what, how, where she's studying, job options aren't nearly as limited as folks seem to believe. I honestly think people enjoy believing an artist's options are limited. But it's an extremely wide arena. While the percentage of people who are going to succeed as fine/gallery artists is low (and that's fairly well-understood by most anyone getting a studio art degree), there are many, many related professions to follow. The idea of an art degree being useless, or the notion of the "starving artist" being intrinsic to art is complete baloney. I don't even think most people understand what an art degree can involve. They just like saying it's useless.

Plus there's the obvious aspect of following a personal calling... Which is it's own thing entirely.

Also, related to my new "glass half-full" outlook, maybe there'll be a mishap with illusionray's "high-value" art that he didn't buy and his derriere.

PureX

Nobody knows the future. And there's a lot more to life than money. I became an artist and I wouldn't trade a moment of it.