Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Danoh

Recently rewatched Braveheart again, thanks to Nick's challenge.

Still holds up really well. Great, great film.

Though I prefer The Last Samurai - that magical past he found himself in; in that Samurai village - what a beautifully poetic world - the life of a warrior culture at the height of its poetry; a beautiful woman, the admiration of a child, and the stillness of it all...wow...just blew me away once more...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Saw a movie on Netflix the other night, He Never Died, with Henry Rollins in the lead role of "Jack". It's an odd, dark, funny portrait of a man who has lived a very, very long time. Rollins is part of what makes it work, selling a minimalist approach to dialogue and finding and sharing humor in simple, physical acts and facial expression. Telling you much about it would be giving it away, so I won't. We meet him as a man who isn't particularly likable, who finds he has a daughter from a brief relationship some nineteen years ago and who is in need of his attention and help.

Favorite lines?

Cara: How old are you?
Jack: I have no idea. But I'm in the Bible if that means anything.

PureX

I had seen it before, but I watched Cider House Rules the other day, and was reminded of what a good film it is. If anyone has not seen it, don't miss it!

I also watched To Kill A Mockingbird for the first time in years, and was reminded what a great film it is, as well. It's amazing to me that film was debuted in 1951!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I also watched To Kill A Mockingbird for the first time in years, and was reminded what a great film it is, as well. It's amazing to me that film was debuted in 1951!
Loved that movie!

Reactions: Lon

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Saw Batman Vs. Superman.
Pretty good.
Has anyone else here seen this?

I have a question on one of the scenes.

Where Lois Lane is in the grasp of the bad guy with a weapon.
Superman is standing a few feet in front of them just starring at him.

Suddenly the bad guy flies backward crashing through the wall behind him.

Did Super Man do that with his mind, or did he rush the guy and throw him through the wall so fast that you didn't see him move?
I couldn't tell, and since we watched it in a theater, I couldn't rewind to watch it again.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Did Super Man do that with his mind, or did he rush the guy and throw him through the wall so fast that you didn't see him move?
I couldn't tell, and since we watched it in a theater, I couldn't rewind to watch it again.
Aaaahh, a Superman have a many many powers (chinese accent)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I had seen it before, but I watched Cider House Rules the other day, and was reminded of what a good film it is. If anyone has not seen it, don't miss it!

Best closing narration of any film, including Shawshank.

Best closing narration for a comedy...While You Were Sleeping.

Have you seen Horrible Bosses ?
:plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure how I feel about this. It could be because the trailer isn't very good.

musterion

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It could be because the trailer isn't very good.

Noisy. Jumpy. Snarky. Explodey. Pointlessly and improbably diverse leads. Typical male-level strongwoman. All the modern must-haves are present. Just another cash-in on a classic name.

musterion

Did he wrap anyone up in a big cellophane "S"?