Give me biblical support for Christmas.

Mickiel

i suspect you're not a fan of eternal damnation either

No I am not. I mean why would God keep a human alive and hurt them every second for 100 years , plus 1,000 years, plus another 70,000 years ; then keep them conscious and hurt them for another 500,000 years , plus another 6 million years of this incredible insane punishing, and then add to that 99 million more years of conscious pain , and then take them through 33 billion more years of punishing, and , incredibly this madness - after all that -- has really just began, because its going to last another 824 trillion more years plus another 947 million more years of hurting them daily, throw in another 999,999,888,674 billion years and then on into infinity!

Do you realize the insanity of this teaching and belief? And believers in God have swallowed this teaching hook , line and sinker! This eternal damnation is teaching that God must be insane! Only an insane being would punish a human for eternity; I don't think people who believe this stuff really have considered just how long eternity is. I mean I can understand a believer taking up for their religion , but agreeing with this stuff is madness!

But that is the sheer power of the seduction of the human mind ; the powers that be can get you to believe in pink elephants , we are no match for these powers. And these powers target believers.

clefty

And a big one's coming up.
11aeg03jpg_zps8f9e6d03.gif

See:

Re 12 Sign

Ummm...ok so now the rapture is a festival/feast?

:yawn: Tell me all about my carnal appetites (Eph 4:14, Jn 8:36). :peach:

Imagine when Paul wrote that to the Ephesians they did not celebrate as some do now...who indeed were and still are like children with sugar plumbs dancing in their eyes stumbling after all that is shiny and new...

These are not the traditions taught by the apostles in that early church...they could only warn...exort the believers to be faithful...not be deceived...they were reminded to stay faithful to their first love...but at least the church at Ephesus hated the idolatry of the Nicolaitans...

That if in John's text is HUGE...IF the Son makes you free...you wear His yoke...He bought you with a price you are not free you are His...yes free from the condemnation of the law but not free to follow whatever whenever you want...follow Him as He did...

If you are not dead to self your own appetite will desire to do its pleasure not His...out of the defiled heart and mind come the choices that reveal your fruit is not of Him...

:yawn: The Christian fasts naturally (2 Ti 3:12, Mt 16:16). :dizzy:

The Christian who obeys and is faithful will indeed be persecuted by a world that wishes to dictate the terms how celebrate and worship...persecuted for rejecting the world and its desires but wishing to only worship as He did and showed us...no Christmas Ham there I tell ya...

Keep up with the plot changes. :hammer:

See:

The Plot (an overview of the Bible) by Bob Enyart

He seeks to change both times and laws...

Some of us "Remember"...and this warning of those that would change times and laws...and we wish to keep holy that which is made holy by Him...and not offer strange fire...

There was a time in history believers killed each other over whether it was two fingers for the sign of the cross or three...

Satan has been even more busy making nothing matter...but choose what thou wilt...

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord...

6days

Do you realize the insanity of this teaching and belief?
You might want to see what God's Word says on the topic instead of your relugion. Jesus spoke more about Hell relating it to eternity than he spoke of Heaven. Ex. "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire," (Matt. 18:8).

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No I am not. I mean why would God keep a human alive and hurt them every second for 100 years , plus 1,000 years, plus another 70,000 years ; then keep them conscious and hurt them for another 500,000 years , plus another 6 million years of this incredible insane punishing, and then add to that 99 million more years of conscious pain , and then take them through 33 billion more years of punishing, and , incredibly this madness - after all that -- has really just began, because its going to last another 824 trillion more years plus another 947 million more years of hurting them daily, throw in another 999,999,888,674 billion years and then on into infinity!

Do you realize the insanity of this teaching and belief? And believers in God have swallowed this teaching hook , line and sinker! This eternal damnation is teaching that God must be insane! Only an insane being would punish a human for eternity; I don't think people who believe this stuff really have considered just how long eternity is. I mean I can understand a believer taking up for their religion , but agreeing with this stuff is madness!

But that is the sheer power of the seduction of the human mind ; the powers that be can get you to believe in pink elephants , we are no match for these powers. And these powers target believers.

you and timmy are gonna get along like gangbusters :)

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-Conscious-Torment-biblical-or-not&highlight=

Mickiel

You might want to see what God's Word says on the topic instead of your relugion. Jesus spoke more about Hell relating it to eternity than he spoke of Heaven. Ex. "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire," (Matt. 18:8).

This is a stunning Christian deception that Christianity keeps pushing that proves they don't study. Look at any concordance for just 20 minutes or so to see this deception for yourself.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfund...esus-speak-more-about-hell-than-about-heaven/

In my Strong's concordance the bible itself refers to hell around 100 times, it refers to Heaven over 1,500 times ; I mean its not even close , but Christianity is so blinded in so many areas, they cannot see things like this. They are soaked in deception , but they are not aware of it. In Rev. 3:17 Jesus is describing the church of God in its final state of Apostasy , notice one of its short comings ,"Thou are wretched , miserable , ;poor , 'BLIND" and naked.' Now this is the church of God called Laodicea ;its a real church of God during a real time, it has real people who are believers in God ; Jesus is giving his real evaluation of it ; he said they were "Blind", this is not a physical blindness , its spiritual but notice first part of verse in Rev. 3:17 Jesus said " They knowest not that they are blind." Not only are they blind to simple truths , they don't KNOW they are blind. This is a horrible condition to be in ; you can be wrong, and not even know your wrong.

So see many Christians believe Jesus spoke more about hell than he did heaven ,but that is totally wrong , but they don't " Know' its wrong. They can't even look it up in a simple concordance , because its a gulf fixed in the mind.

clefty

Really 6days? You really think He meant that literally? Why every Christian in heaven living forever would be footless handless and blind...having entered into life self mutilated and not by grace...

You don't think for a minute maybe He was exegerating a little to make a point?

Those that make it are they not given a brand new restored body?

I mean why if we are destined to sin anyway...why instruct such torturous methods to avoid it?...

or if His forgiveness and grace is sufficient again why offer such torturous methods?...

Won't we with Him not be led into temptation? He can't help us?

As for a fire that cannot be quenched it is not the same as a fire that runs out of fuel...

Nor is the smoke still rising from sodom and Gomorrah despite it being written it would forever...

Forever means terminal...Samual was promised by his mother to live in the tabernacle FOREVER, always, permanently...is Sam still there?

Lol...so you're advocating false worship despite the false teaching of forever burning in a forever fire that actually does not do its job...the irony...

Last edited:

clefty

Now imagine all that time NOT with Him...that is the Hell I fear.

The tortures of hell are like money...the more you make and the longer you make it...the less value worth and meaning it has...eventually losing all its intentended purpose...it becomes valueless

like with the hyper inflation of money hell becomes abstract and beyond comprehension...and useless

We now live in that world...hyper hell...meaningless without potency...and nobody cares...hell is a joke and we dress like the devil to get treats...

Purgatory too...as if His grace was not sufficient...

Limbo...lol...seriously where does all this counterfeit currency come from?

6days

clefty said:
*Really 6days? You really think He meant that literally? Why every Christian in heaven living forever would be a footless handless and blind...
Jesus said, "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire," (Matt. 18:8).

Yes...Jesus meant what he said.*

clefty

Jesus said, "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire," (Matt. 18:8).

Yes...Jesus meant what he said.*

So there will be cripples in heaven? Entered into life without offending members?

You probably think those in hell can call out and beg for water or fire extinguishers...and those in heaven will have to keep denying them over and over again...teaching them and reminding them why they are there...oh man for how long?

You believe in transubstantiation too I guess...I mean it's what He said yes?

6days

So there will be cripples in heaven? Entered into life without offending members?
NWT. Rev. 21:4And he will wipe out every tear+ from their eyes, and death will be no more,+ neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.+ The former things have passed away.”+

clefty

NWT. Rev. 21:4And he will wipe out every tear+ from their eyes, and death will be no more,+ neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.+ The former things have passed away.”+

Eyes? Some will be there with eyes? Even after this digital age? Lol... He did say better to enter into life maimed than sin...and the life He was talking about was eternal life in paradise...

Odd text to choose after endorsing an eternal hell...kinda odd to have the former things pass away AND burning forever within earshot...

Last edited:

6days

clefty said:
*Eyes? Some will be with there with eyes? Even after this digital age? Lol... He did say better to enter into life maimed than sin...and the life He was talking about was eternal life in paradise...
Yes, in that verse He was talking about paradise saying that the former things have passed away.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
(Psalm 139:7-8)​

clefty

He also spoke more of Sabbath than Sunday keeping...and what?

Back to Christmas...the other man made holy day

It's one thing to take something that God made Holy and argue it nullified or make it void...but with Christmas it is taking something from the pagan heathen world and trying to make it a Holyday...

What was for pagans a thing they used to reach its prototype such as a tree to represent life or the date itself to celebrate mithra's conquering the darkness Christians think they can make null and void too...

Recall how often Israel thought the same despite clear and early warning

Deut. 7:25"...Do not covet the silver and gold on them, and do not take it for yourselves, or you will be ensnared by it, for it is detestable to the Lord your God. 26Do not bring a detestable thing into your house or you, like it, will be set apart for destruction. Regard it as vile and utterly detest it, for it is set apart for destruction."

Instruction not even to covet the silver and gold on them...meaning don't even melt it down and make something else of it...

Detestable abomination set apart for destruction...kinda strong language for someone like you that takes things so literally that plucking out your eye if you sin with it is the remedy not asking for forgiveness or strength to overcome..

It's not even about worshipping this stuff but don't even bring such into your house...

Notice Yah respects the power of idols...make no image lest ye worship it...don't take it or you will be ensnared by it...don't be corrupted by making an image...

And here you insist that at Christmas we can use these tools to celebrate Him...

As if one can take an idol and baptize it and make it not an idol...

The golden calf was what they thought their God looked like...they too thought they were worshipping Him...

clefty

Yes, in that verse He was talking about paradise saying that the former things have passed away.

How are things in hell? Passed away as well? Or right there with recognizable bodies to be instructed again as to why they are there? Like Abraham schooling the rich man...

6days

What you said was biblically wrong , you just have far too much pride to admit it or to properly research it. Jesus did not really talk that much about heaven or hell ;

https://redeeminggod.com/does-jesus-talk-about-hell-more-than-heaven/
Your religion believes there is no Hell. The link you use suggests some Christians use verses to support a Hell doctrine...that don't really refer to Hell.
Your article then lists several verses to support what he says. Funny thing is most Christians who believe in eternal Hell would agree with him. In fact most Christians do those verses he lists are not central to the doctrine. He does list some verses that Chtistians do use to support eternal Hell. The author tries to do some Bible gymnastics though claiming that the fiery furnace where there is weeping is not Hell. (Sort of like the gymnastics claiming y creation days is really 14 billion years)

6days

How are things in hell? Passed away as well? Or right there with recognizable bodies to be instructed again as to why they are there? Like Abraham schooling the rich man...
Yes... very good. The parable perhaps does give a clue of physical bodies in Hell. We also know from scripture that there will be a bodily resurrection of both believers and non believers. (Daniel 12:1–2). Scripture also tells us non believers then suffer second death tormented for eternity for rejecting the gift of God's Son. (Revelation 20:14).

clefty

Yes... very good.
very good what? I was being sarcastic you really think those in paradise and hell will be within earshot of each other to have conversations?

Lol...I do hope you read scripture better than my posts....

The parable perhaps does give a clue of physical bodies in Hell. We also know from scripture that there will be a bodily resurrection of both believers and non believers. (Daniel 12:1–2). Scripture also tells us non believers then suffer second death tormented for eternity for rejecting the gift of God's Son. (Revelation 20:14).

"Then Deathand Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

You do realize that it's Death itself and its kingdom which is destroyed. Hell itself is thrown into hell and when the fire is burned up well it's gone forever...be no more..."dead know nothing" sort of oblivion...