General Sports Thread

SaulToPaul 2

You dig the song,"Go, Mayberry Bears, Go...!"

I do. And you can't get a more fair Ump than Ange, calling out his own son on a bang bang play.

By the way, I didn't realize that Mayberry had so many mountain ranges if you notice the background at the ballfield. I would think Mayberry was near LA if I didn't know better.

john w

Hall of Fame
I do. And you can't get a more fair Ump than Ange, calling out his own son on a bang bang play.

By the way, I didn't realize that Mayberry had so many mountain ranges if you notice the background at the ballfield. I would think Mayberry was near LA if I didn't know better.

The rumor was that Ange was paid off, i.e., to get Ope into the same college Wally Cleaver attended("State" college), he "rigged" the call, as the opposing manager was the dean at "State," and his son a player on the opposing tean, against them vastly favored Mayberry Bears. The "fix" was in, I tell you....It's a mite curious...

And I reckon Mayberry was on the same set as "MASH." You reckon?

SaulToPaul 2

The rumor was that Ange was paid off, i.e., to get Ope into the same college Wally Cleaver attended("State" college), he "rigged" the call, as the opposing manager was the dean at "State," and his son a player on the opposing tean, against them vastly favored Mayberry Bears. The "fix" was in, I tell you....It's a mite curious...

And I reckon Mayberry was on the same set as "MASH." You reckon?

That could be, I believe I saw some choppers flying over the mountain range.

Wally must have done well at State, since he played for the Chicago White Sox, according to "Still the Beaver" from the 80s.

john w

Hall of Fame
That could be, I believe I saw some choppers flying over the mountain range.

Wally must have done well at State, since he played for the Chicago White Sox, according to "Still the Beaver" from the 80s.

And I figger that Mary Ellen Rogers "played" Wallace, for all it's/he was worth, knowin' that he'd be into big bucks soon...Do you figger?

SaulToPaul 2

And I figger that Mary Ellen Rogers "played" Wallace, for all it's/he was worth, knowin' that he'd be into big bucks soon...Do you figger?

Yep, she left him and took half of everything, which caused him to only hit .226 in 1968. He was working "at the office" the next year.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yep, she left him and took half of everything, which caused him to only hit .226 in 1968. He was working "at the office" the next year.

Sorta like his dad, Ward Cleaver, who always seemed to be "home early" from "the office." As Barn would say, "Wonder what causes that?"

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Spurs win! :banana:

:mock: Miami Heat

I thought Miami would win this series but I'm not very surprised SA won. I am surprised that the Spurs made the last few games seem easy. But it did seem like several of the Heat players just didn't really show up.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Spurs win! :banana:

:mock: Miami Heat
Great way to finish. I called the Spurs, but I'm surprised it only went five. Let the speculation over James' next uniform begin. :)

I thought Miami would win this series but I'm not very surprised SA won. I am surprised that the Spurs made the last few games seem easy. But it did seem like several of the Heat players just didn't really show up.
Wade just can't go deep into the playoffs anymore. Not as a starter. It's time for him to turn into Ray Allen or he's hurting the team.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Great way to finish. I called the Spurs, but I'm surprised it only went five. Let the speculation over James' next uniform begin. :)

Wade just can't go deep into the playoffs anymore. Not as a starter. It's time for him to turn into Ray Allen or he's hurting the team.
Agreed. Wade is a shell of what he used to be. It's kind of sad to see. They'll need to do some big changes to win another ring, I think. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out. :D

it was a team effort
but
leonard was the difference
Very much so.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
RIP Tony Gwynn. San Diego will miss you. You were the heart and soul of the Padres. I would have started a thread but my site software is messed up.