General Sports Thread

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
#GoSpursGo
I've been holding on Spurs in seven. I thought it would be that or Heat in five. I was watching ESPN after the game two loss in San Antonio and the response was absurd. Heard a fellow say, "It's over. If it wasn't for the air conditioning it could be 2-0 Heat."

Yeah, and if it wasn't for inexplicable free throw misses at the end we'd be looking at Spurs up 3-0 too.

Mr. 5020

I've been holding on Spurs in seven. I thought it would be that or Heat in five. I was watching ESPN after the game two loss in San Antonio and the response was absurd. Heard a fellow say, "It's over. If it wasn't for the air conditioning it could be 2-0 Heat."

Yeah, and if it wasn't for inexplicable free throw misses at the end we'd be looking at Spurs up 3-0 too.
Those 4 consecutive missed free throws were some of the most painful minutes of my life.

Mr. 5020

These teams remind me of the old Lakers/Celtics contests. Not suggesting the same level of talent on hand, but the way they go at each other.
As a long-time Spurs fan, I really just want to see Parker/Ginobili/Duncan (especially Duncan) get one more. You just have to love the way they play.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As a long-time Spurs fan, I really just want to see Parker/Ginobili/Duncan (especially Duncan) get one more. You just have to love the way they play.
I remember Duncan's first ring. Seems like yesterday. I've always liked the way they play team basketball. Not sure about who Duncan is transitioning with/to...with the Admiral the torch was obvious. I wonder if coach will stay on to reload or if he's winding down as well.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those 4 consecutive missed free throws were some of the most painful minutes of my life.

I'm guessing the two missed free throws by Leonard and Ginobili in the final 30 seconds of Game 6 last year were more painful?

It was painful for me. Hopefully this year will be different.

Go Spurs !!!!!!!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
These teams remind me of the old Lakers/Celtics contests.

30 years ago, the 76'ers beat the Lakers 4-0 in the Finals.

The 76'ers made ZERO three-point shots for the entire series; they only attempted 3 three-pointers for the entire series (and missed all three shots).

My how things have changed.

The Berean

The 76'ers made ZERO three-point shots for the entire series; they only attempted 3 three-pointers for the entire series (and missed all three shots).

When you have this guy in the low post you don't need to take many three pointers. :chuckle:

moses-malone.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame

:shocked: That's quite a statistic. Hard to imagine something like that again.