Fun With Trump

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Fun with Trump

stg091516_color.jpg

Arthur Brain

You know, for what its worth, I probably would not have liked to see Trump as president in other times past. But now things are so bad, so rotten... ...there are so many wolves among the sheep pushing so many destructive agendas, that I think a rude, blunt, in-your-face man like Trump is the medicine for the illness.

I have heard that Churchill was a fairly rude person too. But I think all would agree that he was the right man at the right time. Trump is the right man for right now, "a bluntness that's rare in the world of politics," a man who will look a liar and fraud in the face and bluntly say, you are a liar and a fraud. Politicians won't do that but he will.

Churchill was the right man at the right time. If Trump were something akin to that then I wouldn't be so averse to the guy but after seeing his antics in Scotland, and how he treat people like obstacles in the way of his mission to build a golf course, he isn't some bluff likeable guy out to 'renew' America. He's lied and defrauded people, abused his power at the expense of the common man as it is. I know you won't see that but he is not this 'national hero' that you seem intent on seeing.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Churchill was the right man at the right time. If Trump were something akin to that then I wouldn't be so averse to the guy but after seeing his antics in Scotland, and how he treat people like obstacles in the way of his mission to build a golf course, he isn't some bluff likeable guy out to 'renew' America. He's lied and defrauded people, abused his power at the expense of the common man as it is. I know you won't see that but he is not this 'national hero' that you seem intent on seeing.

Big businessmen pushing through their projects at the occasional expense of a little guy ain't nothing new, and I am pretty sure I never said that Trump is a saint. But I think he can solve what I consider to be the big issues: Trade, Jobs, Security. And I KNOW for a FACT that Hillary's policies on those matters will fail and cause harm. Policy is the bottom line: Trump's are correct and Hillary's are horrible. Insults and hurt feelings fade with a little time, but the destructive policies that Hillary has in mind will do great damage for generations.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
“[Trump] ruined more models' lives than bulimia."—Lisa Lampanelli

"Donald Trump said yesterday that if he's elected, he would 'probably not talk as much.' That's right, if Donald Trump is elected, even HE will be speechless."—Seth Meyers

"After Donald Trump’s derogatory comments about immigrants, NBC has officially cancelled 'Celebrity Apprentice.' Think about it, Donald Trump isn’t even president yet, and he’s already made America a better place."—Conan O'Brien

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I'm not choosing these with you in mind, I'm choosing them based on how much I enjoyed them, and this thread seemed like a good place to put them.

Of course it did, to you.

Me, I enjoy humor that has a basis in truth - that is usually the best kind.
Humor that is based on lies is usually not too funny.

Arthur Brain

Big businessmen pushing through their projects at the occasional expense of a little guy ain't nothing new, and I am pretty sure I never said that Trump is a saint. But I think he can solve what I consider to be the big issues: Trade, Jobs, Security. And I KNOW for a FACT that Hillary's policies on those matters will fail and cause harm. Policy is the bottom line: Trump's are correct and Hillary's are horrible. Insults and hurt feelings fade with a little time, but the destructive policies that Hillary has in mind will do great damage for generations.

To be honest I think America is short changed with both candidates running for office. I'm no fan of Hilary either and I'm cynical in general where it comes to politics be it America, here or elsewhere. For the most part things don't change particularly or certainly not for the better for the 'common man' and it's just a machine. If Trump does get in I doubt you'll see any extravagant change in your country much like I don't see any in England no matter who wears the mantle of 'power'...

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
To be honest I think America is short changed with both candidates running for office. I'm no fan of Hilary either and I'm cynical in general where it comes to politics be it America, here or elsewhere. For the most part things don't change particularly or certainly not for the better for the 'common man' and it's just a machine. If Trump does get in I doubt you'll see any extravagant change in your country much like I don't see any in England no matter who wears the mantle of 'power'...

Not to belabor the matter, but this whole election went off the rails when it got personal and not focused on policy. Policy trumps personality. If policies are correct and will work, then I don't care what sort of jerk implements them.

Ironically, that WAS the view of liberal women regarding Bill Clinton. Talk about a misogynist!! Trump has nothing on Bill! But liberal women supported him because despite his horrific behavior with women he pushed their agenda forward.

Arthur Brain

Not to belabor the matter, but this whole election went off the rails when it got personal and not focused on policy. Policy trumps personality. If policies are correct and will work, then I don't care what sort of jerk implements them.

Ironically, that WAS the view of liberal women regarding Bill Clinton. Talk about a misogynist!! Trump has nothing on Bill! But liberal women supported him because despite his horrific behavior with women he pushed their agenda forward.

Bill Clinton was certainly no saint for sure. Let's face it, oftentimes politics isn't about a 'face' but corporate industry and big business behind 'pulling the strings'...In that sense I doubt it matters who gets in.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Bill Clinton was certainly no saint for sure. Let's face it, oftentimes politics isn't about a 'face' but corporate industry and big business behind 'pulling the strings'...In that sense I doubt it matters who gets in.

You have that right, all else is wanting.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I like that one!
The idea Trump used his charity find to pay legal expenses is not helping to go over well, if he makes hos sisal mistake and talks about it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I like that one!
The idea Trump used his charity find to pay legal expenses is not helping to go over well, if he makes hos sisal mistake and talks about it.

I heard about that. From WaPo:

Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” – which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I know, he should not make a big moulage out of this. Some of the fence sitters wish he would shut up and only say no taxes, nothing else.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Headlines:

Hillary Clinton Takes Round One - CNN

A Win For Hillary Clinton - The Economist

Why Even Republicans Think Clinton Won the First Debate - The Washington Post

Donald Trump Claims Victory Despite Media Consensus That Clinton Won First Debate - The Telegraph (UK)

:plain: Then he blew off the after-party, which is what people who just think they won something do, right?

I watched the debate. I wouldn't say she won it. I'd say that he lost it. She missed any number of opportunities for all the preparation she'd engaged in and was mostly saved by problems Trump should have known and on at least one occasion said he understood he was going to have to deal with, but seemed incapable anyway.

Hillary missed golden opportunities on the heels of his "I'm smart" response to allegations that he likely had paid no taxes. Surprising given the solid combination she threw in the "IRS says you can release them/you must be hiding something" preceding his response. Continuing with the fight analogy, she caught him flush then stepped away and waited.

That's not how you win.

Fortunately for her, Trump had no cut man in Holt, who pressed where Clinton should have, looking to my mind more adversarial than he should have been.

Some Republicans are already suggesting he should discontinue the debates absent concessions from the media outlets, but if he does it will look too much like a public no mas, no matter how he spins it.

Trump squandered a solid, sober beginning, replete with a decent framing of Clinton as the representative of the sum of failed politics as usual, only coming to the issues he framed after he framed them. Instead of ridiculing Clinton for staying home and getting ready, by the end of the night it was obvious that he should have been emulating her. Trump made the wrong choice, much like Obama in his first debate. Will he profit from the lesson? We'll see.

To sum: it looks like somebody had fun with Trump last night.