Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks for asking. Well, I don't have any memories of past lives while I'm awake, unless of course I've forgotten them.

What I remember of my dreams might be memories of past lives, or perhaps lives lived presently in a parallel universe. However, what I recall of them when awake seems out of touch, for something highly improbable usually occurs in my dreams, which seems quite probable when I'm asleep. But when I'm awake, my impression is that the events of my dreams should have caused me to question their reality and wonder if I was dreaming.

So if my dreams are memories of other lives, then I'd have to say I was quite insane when I lived them!

Why do you ask?
I ask because knowledge is a powerful force. It can also be dangerous as reflected in John 8:48-59. Clearly Jesus was not created at the time of the immaculate conception but rather that was simply an incarnation into flesh.

Truster

I ask because knowledge is a powerful force. It can also be dangerous as reflected in John 8:48-59. Clearly Jesus was not created at the time of the immaculate conception but rather that was simply an incarnation into flesh.

The false doctrine of the immaculate conception is in regard to Mary and not Messiah.

Truster

May I answer like this - God is love - you feel love - when your love spreads freely to ALL, that is the added force of God - sort of, in my way, an explanation :)

With God you a have much more love inside so it bursts from you feely and with reckless abandon :)

Human emotional love and agapé are on hugely differing levels and abilities to share. Agapé is the love of Elohim for man and of man for Elohim. It is more often than not confused, as you have done, with philia – brotherly love .

Truster

You want to go to heaven? You feel you need to work for it? You think another has the rules to get? You think you could not already know without those word?

From god you came and to god you go. Love God and all will be well - faith!

To love Elohim is impossible unless He first manifests His love to and in a sinner. 1 john 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

It is possible to fire up the emotional attributes and issue forth a kind of love called brotherly love, but beyond that, unregenerate man, cannot tread.

Truster

You mean agnostic, don't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I only type what I mean and I always mean what I type.

I speak from a sure understanding of what atheist actually means and not some silly imaged powerful work in the corrupt will of man.

Can I ask a personal question?

Truster

I don't understand. Do you mean it's wrong for me to consider the truth?

Think of the Bible as a human last will and testament. Only the chosen beneficiaries can benefit under the terms of the will, but once it has passed through probate anyone can read it. You can certainly read the revealed will of Elohim, but you can't lay claim to the benefits therein.

Spockrates

Foundation.

The difference is that the love of God within reaches to everyone, good and bad. We will care for everyone, God is no respecter of persons, and he loves atheists too. He wants them back too

I just have to pop out, I'll be back later :)

No problem. Please post a reply to me when you return. Maybe an answer to this question?

Jesus said this:

John 6:48-51 "I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

Did he mean he is literally bread and we can literally eat him, and literally eating him is required to live forever? If not, then why should we be certain his disciple John was speaking literally when he wrote this?

God is love.

Spockrates

You want to go to heaven? You feel you need to work for it? You think another has the rules to get? You think you could not already know without those word?

From god you came and to god you go. Love God and all will be well - faith!

Thanks, Saxxon. Was that a drive by posting, or do you want to sit on my front porch and talk awhile?

Spockrates

Foundation.

No. I only type what I mean and I always mean what I type.

I speak from a sure understanding of what atheist actually means and not some silly imaged powerful work in the corrupt will of man.

Can I ask a personal question?

No problem. We're talking apples and oranges, then. From what I understand, an atheist is certain there is no God. An agnostic isn't certain there is no God but isn't sure there is one, either. Not sure my friend or I match either description. Deceived Christian wannabe might be a better way of describing me.

Spockrates

Think of the Bible as a human last will and testament. Only the chosen beneficiaries can benefit under the terms of the will, but once it has passed through probate anyone can read it. You can certainly read the revealed will of Elohim, but you can't lay claim to the benefits therein.

Do you mean it's wrong for me to think the Bible is written for me?

Spockrates

Sounds like you're Hindu, but am I wrong? Doesn't matter. What you say is interesting and worthy of exploration!

So let me quote just part of the text you mentioned:

John 8:54-59 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!” “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

So are you saying Jesus was created in his mother's womb, but God is eternal (forever existing and always able to say he, she or it is), therefore Jesus could in no way be God?

Truster

Are you refuting  Luke 1:26-38 ?

What I am refuting is your using a fake Roman Catholic doctrine and applying it to the Saviour. Yes His conception was immaculate, but that is not the subject of the immaculate conception. You will do nothing, but confuse people by making it up as you go along.

Spockrates

Foundation.

The threatenings are all yours. The law is all yours. The grace is not yours, at this present time.

Thank you. Since it's not mine at this time, I think you would agree it might become mine at a later time. I guess, then I don't understand. How can it ever become mine if I never think about what is true, noble and praiseworthy about grace?

popsthebuilder

Human emotional love and agapé are on hugely differing levels and abilities to share. Agapé is the love of Elohim for man and of man for Elohim. It is more often than not confused, as you have done, with philia – brotherly love .
One can feel no love whatsoever without emotion, nor can they hear the conscience.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Truster

No problem. We're talking apples and oranges, then. From what I understand, an atheist is certain there is no God. An agnostic isn't certain there is no God but isn't sure there is one, either. Not sure my friend or I match either description. Deceived Christian wannabe might be a better way of describing me.

Your understanding in regard to both atheist and agnostic are wrong.

The clue is in the use of the preposition "A". Does amoral mean you don't believe in morals or you don't have any?

The other clue is in the Greek word theist from Theos and the meaning of gnostic.

Status
Not open for further replies.