Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

Did you really say it is the small unorthodox of the faithful who lead and are lead astray?

Are you really that lost and confused?

Do you consider yourself to be a member of a particular denomination? If so, which?

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

No.

Truster

Did you really say it is the small unorthodox of the faithful who lead and are lead astray?

Are you really that lost and confused?

Do you consider yourself to be a member of a particular denomination? If so, which?

peace

Yes,No & no.

Spockrates

I see what you mean. Does the person really want to obey and can't seem to do it? Jesus tells us how to stop sinning. We have to do what Jesus says. The Bible says to fear the Lord. We really have to fear God. The fear of God will help you stop sins. You will then see how you can take pleasure in the fear of the Lord. Isaiah 11:3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD.
In addition, you should hate what is evil. That is what the Bible says. Obey what the Word of God says. If you do not hate what is evil, think about it and keep hating it until you really hate it.
The Bible tells us many things to help us, we just have to do what he says.

Thank you. Are you speaking of hate and fear as emotions, or as something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spockrates

Repentance does not mean sorry. Repentance does generate heart felt sorrow, but sorrow is not what repentance is. Sorrow is on two differing levels. Sorrow of the world which is spoken at the drop of a hat. It has no depth, is almost immediately forgotten and the matter for what "sorry" was expressed is repeated time and again.

Then we have reverent sorrow that is from the heart(will). It is sincere and makes sure the matter is not repeated. This sorrow flows from repentance, but as I said, it is the effect or fruit of repentance. This true sorrow also generates further repentance.
The betrayal being repeated proves that it was sorrow, as the world knows sorrow, and not the fruit of repentance."By their fruit ye shall know them".

"For reverent sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death". 2 Corinthians 7:10

This verse condemns insincere sorrow. So everytime someone says sorry to you as you go through your day. They are killing themselves, because worldly sorrow worketh death.
[MENTION=15467]Truster[/MENTION]: Thank you. You have said what repentance *does* but I'm still wondering what repentance *is*. This is not the same, I think.

For example, let's say I asked, "What is clay?" and you answered, "It's the stuff statues are made of, or the stuff floor tiles are made of, or the stuff flower pots are made out of. In such case I believe I'd be right to say, "You've told me several things I can do with clay, but you haven't at all told me what clay is!"

But if you replied, "Clay is a kind of moistened earth," then I believe you would have answered my question.

So let me ask you to do the same with repentance. Instead of telling me what it does (produces godly sorrow) please tell me what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truster

Repentance is a spiritual endowment. It is one of the gifts that heirs receive under the terms of the “will” of the Eternal Almighty. Repentance and by default the ability to repent is not inherent in man. It cannot be apprehended by learning nor by religious experience. The gift of repentance is received upon regeneration. It is not of the soul and therefore not an emotion, although it does generate reverent sorrow.

Repentance is a spiritual change in which the eyes of the understanding are opened and a vision of the attributes of Deity are clearly perceived for the first time. There is no room for doubt in that first, penetrating beam of spiritual light, and the repentant sinner knows things and can see things clearly for the very first time.

Repentance and trust are spiritual gifts that are permanently entwined, so that one both confirms and strengthens the other. The gift of trust and repentance received at one and the same time, is the most exhilarating experience and a man will always remember where he was and when the eyes of his understanding were first opened. He is suddenly a new man and he knows for an absolute fact he will never be the same again. In the weeks, months and years following there will be more times of repentance. The experience does not diminish and can only be described as extreme blessing. You begin to realise, on each and every occasion, you have been granted repentance that you have changed inside and have a certain knowledge you’ll never be the same again. The inner man is being renewed day, by day. I used to describe the experience like climbing a mountain. The struggle to reach what seems like the top only to discover another top. You reach a plateau of rest and pleasant walking where you enjoy the views, before taking on, or rather, being taken to new heights. Just as climbing is exhausting in the physical sense repentance is spiritually exhausting, because each time a part of the “old self” dies before being replaced with another mentality.

In his natural, fallen state, man has a viewpoint that is clouded by and with sin. In his regenerate state all things are become new and the eyes of the understanding or the mind are part of that renewal. Repentance is “another mentality”. There was an old, natural mentality, that we inherit from Adam and there is the new mentality that we inherit from the Last Adam and our Eternal Saviour.
This lines up with “But we have the mind of Messiah”. 1 Corinthians 2:16 KJV 2 Corinthians 5:17 and Romans 12:2
The latter verse confirms that repentance once received is ongoing. Justification is an event that happens once, is complete, cannot be added to and is final, eternal and blessed. Amen. Repentance is the power behind sanctification and we are always being sanctified. Justification is permanent. Sanctification is by degree and therefore repentance, once received, is ongoing.
A man cannot pray for repentance, but a repentant man will pray in spirit. A man does not repent to be re-born again from above. A man repents, because he has been born again from above.
In the first creation Elohim said, “let there be Light and Light became”. In the new creation Elohim says, “Let there be Light and the man is inwardly enlightened” not from power within, but from Almighty Power without, enlightening the inner man.

Repentance is finding the strait gate. Passing through the gate is repentance being applied to the Sovereignty of Elohim. Walking the narrow way is a life of repentance in which the comforts and enjoyments of what the world has to offer are slowly, but surely recognised for their sinfulness and discarded. You are actually called "narrow minded" and there is no greater blessing and amen.

Natural man will despise this truth, but the renewed man will embrace it, because he’ll recognise the experience. When I was converted I wanted everybody I knew and those I didn’t know. To have what I have, to know what I know, to love how I love and to fellowship in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit with me. It was not the case and as my signature states, “I have since been further confirmed in this truth, because it was revealed to me who never sought it and never expected it and is withheld from thousands who are working hard to get it”.

To the praise of the glory of His grace and many blessings, H.

popsthebuilder

So the shame doesn't cause the repentance to you?

This is not an attack or sarcasm. It is sincere friend.

peace

Truster

So the shame doesn't cause the repentance to you?

This is not an attack or sarcasm. It is sincere friend.

peace

The preaching of the law will work shame in a man and sorrow, being exposed to light will do the same, but the shame and sorrow are emotional and short lived. Repentance works lasting change. Growing in grace and in the knowledge of Elohim.

The Hebrews were susceptible to tears of sorrow and then they'd go back to their idols.

God's Truth

The preaching of the law will work shame in a man and sorrow, being exposed to light will do the same, but the shame and sorrow are emotional and short lived. Repentance works lasting change. Growing in grace and in the knowledge of Elohim.

The Hebrews were susceptible to tears of sorrow and then they'd go back to their idols.

Don't you see anything perverse in how you try to change so many words in the Bible? You say 'believe' is not 'believe' but rather 'trust'. The Bible says to 'repent' of our sins, but you say no 'repent' is doing right. You change the meaning of words in the Bible and you misunderstand every scripture that you talk about. You cannot even find a scripture that says God saves us while we do not believe. You cannot even find a scripture that says we cannot believe in God after learning about Him. You cannot find those scriptures because they do not exist. You go against everything that God says. You condemn just about everyone you discuss with, just as Satan would have you do. You put down obeying God, as if to obey is shameful. You are in a very bad place.

Truster

Don't you see anything perverse in how you try to change so many words in the Bible? You say 'believe' is not 'believe' but rather 'trust'. The Bible says to 'repent' of our sins, but you say no 'repent' is doing right. You change the meaning of words in the Bible and you misunderstand every scripture that you talk about. You cannot even find a scripture that says God saves us while we do not believe. You cannot even find a scripture that says we cannot believe in God after learning about Him. You cannot find those scriptures because they do not exist. You go against everything that God says. You condemn just about everyone you discuss with, just as Satan would have you do. You put down obeying God, as if to obey is shameful. You are in a very bad place.

You are nothing, but a fraud who has tantrums in the face of truth.

popsthebuilder

You didn't really answer me.

Repent is to turn from a thing....To stop doing it.

But you say repentance worketh shame instead of the other way around.

How would one stop a thing and then regret it or feel shame over it.

That just doesn't make sense to me. Did I read you wrong?

Truster

You didn't really answer me.

Repent is to turn from a thing....To stop doing it.

But you say repentance worketh shame instead of the other way around.

How would one stop a thing and then regret it or feel shame over it.

That just doesn't make sense to me. Did I read you wrong?

Repent is not to turn. That is conversion. To turn 180 degrees and move in the opposite direction.

PS In conversion the sinner is passive. The sinner is turned 180 degrees and finds himself travelling in the opposite direction to where he was travelling. Those who know him find this very difficult or rather impossible to bare.

Truster

PPS if you don't recognise the doctrine then you have neither been converted nor granted repentance.

You have a form of reverence, but deny the power therein.2 Timothy 3:5

popsthebuilder

Repent is not to turn. That is conversion. To turn 180 degrees and move in the opposite direction.

PS In conversion the sinner is passive. The sinner is turned 180 degrees and finds himself travelling in the opposite direction to where he was travelling. Those who know him find this very difficult or rather impossible to bare.
Could you show with scripture that to repent means not to turn from or to stop, but whatever it is you day it means....Thank you. You still have yet to address my questions though.

peace

Truster

Could you show with scripture that to repent means not to turn from or to stop, but whatever it is you day it means....Thank you. You still have yet to address my questions though.

peace

I have no intention of answering your question. You should search the scriptures to see if what I have said is true. The onus of responsibility is yours not mine. I have provided you with the truth and you have not recognised it.

popsthebuilder

I have no intention of answering your question. You should search the scriptures to see if what I have said is true. The onus of responsibility is yours not mine. I have provided you with the truth and you have not recognised it.
Why respond at all if you don't intend to answer the questions posed?

You know not what truths have been revealed to me or what lessons I have learned or what affliction I have endured and will endure.

I don't need your answers friend. The questions are to know if you indeed are of the truth. Which you are not based on the culmination of your posts.

Why would you not look to help even one you perceive in your vanity as an enemy?

May our GOD guide us both friend; for the sake of creation and not our own attainment or reward or recognition.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.