Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Yes, however, it doesn't get me saved nor does it keep me saved.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Jesus says it does.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

God's Truth

I agree! Without God, we can do nothing! And everything is done through Christ Jesus. Without him I'd still be dead in my sins. He is the way, the truth and the life. And no-one gets to the father except through him.

Before we are saved and want to be saved, we come to Jesus and do what he says to be saved.

After we are saved, we keep obeying and have help and comfort by the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

God looks at the heart. It's men that see the outside.

What you don't seem to believe is that we are new creatures. Our desires are not what they were, so why do you keep suggesting those who are the Lord's could suddenly start living like the devil? It smacks of a lack of belief.

God warns us for a reason.

Look at the meaning of the parable of the seeds.

popsthebuilder

Are you popsthebuilder? Or maybe Spokrates? You posted from a site that pops uses, and I am just wondering.
Tapatalk is a mobile phone forum app that compiles all forums one has interest in to one place. It is quite useful.

Ole sandy squirrel isn't me.

I would have no reason to use an alternate name. I can be found anywhere under popsthebuilder.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

ClimateSanity

Paul boasted in his obedience.

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

Paul is letting you know that you cannot shame him for boasting about doing right. You know, the way you try to shame me for preaching obedience and doing what God says to do.
He isn't boasting about doing right. Try again.

God's Truth

I suspect you mean that in the right spirit.

At the same time...

But for the double-standard you and your pals on here ever remain oblivious to, your above: were you not of their number, would easily be taken by said club members as being nothing more than...

Whoops, there comes Tam to prove said club is your/her reality, here on TOL - by her response to this club observation of mine :chuckle:

The forest, for the trees...

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

:D

Right on, Danoh. It is a most bizarre double standard.

God's Truth

He isn't boasting about doing right. Try again.

Paul says plainly that he is boasting. Believe what is written.

2 Corinthians 12:6
Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Paul is letting people such as yourself know that it is not shameful to speak of obeying.

God's Truth

PS If you'd turned you earlier you could have really insulted me by calling me a calvinist, but that has now been dealt with. Don't bother calling me a "REFORMER" either, because that was dealt with years ago.

I'm sure you'll come up with something so I'd better tell you now. I forgive you.

Your beliefs are Calvinistic.

God's Truth

Nice try, but to late. I'm a Messianist who knows no limits that apply to the Eternal, with one exception.

But that limitation is actually a perfection.

I can see where you have gotten your false beliefs from. You got it from the Calvinists. You took from them and put a little spin on it.

glorydaz

I suspect you mean that in the right spirit.

At the same time...

But for the double-standard you and your pals on here ever remain oblivious to, your above: were you not of their number, would easily be taken by said club members as being nothing more than...

Whoops, there comes Tam to prove said club is your/her reality, here on TOL - by her response to this club observation of mine :chuckle:

The forest, for the trees...

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

:D

I was asked, and I answered. Big difference.

glorydaz

Paul says plainly that he is boasting. Believe what is written.

Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Paul is letting people such as yourself know that it is not shameful to speak of obeying.

Why don't we just let Paul speak for himself, rather than have you read what you want into his words. Paul says he refrains from boasting ....even if I should choose to boast.....for though I would desire glory....I shall not be a fool.

For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.​

And he says that, not in relation to "obeying" but in speaking of the revelations he'd been given.

God's Truth

Whether you think there is a need is of no consequence.
Paul tells us there are other gospels than the one he preaches. Gal 1:8, 2 Cor 11:4

YOU have Paul preaching another Jesus!

You can believe it till the cows come home, and it still won't change the fact that GOD made promises and covenant with a literal physical earthly Israel about an earthly kingdom with an earthly throne in which their Messiah will rule on earth in the very land it was promised to take place.

It's repeated in Paul's gospel because Paul's gospel is not about the kingdom of Israel.

Paul's gospel is about the spiritual kingdom of Israel, the only Israel that matters.

But scripture also repeatedly tells us that the nation/kingdom of Israel is elect, chosen nation with specific land to inherit and specific promises made to that were not promised to other nations.
All the saved are the elect, and Jesus will give us a new earth and a new Jerusalem from heaven.
And one of the things those Gentiles had to do to join the nation of Israel was to be circumcised. A physical earthly fleshly circumcision.
No fleshly circumcision required in Paul's gospel.

Since Jesus came, he taught a circumcision of the heart. Paul taught the same gospel. Circumcision of the heart is when one receives the Holy Spirit.

Jesus came to teach circumcision of the heart, it was prophesied that the Messiah would come to do that.

All ya gotta do is recognize things that differ. While there may be some overlapping similarities at times, it's those things that differ that makes them separate from each other.
Thus, things that differ are not the same.
When one starts to recognize the differences, and that GOD is not yet through with the nation of Israel, then one can drop all the vain attempts and jumping through hoops with theological gymnastics to try and force Paul's gospel to line up previous ones. They stand on their own and do not need to be mixed at all.

God nailed physical circumcision to the cross.

God promised Abraham the Messiah would come from his blood line, and after Jesus came, it is the only blood line that matters.

popsthebuilder

Which immediately destroys the notion there is only one gospel ......

...... except to those that deny scripture.

You're such a sweet talker. Atta boy! Let it out!

Share the scripture reference you have for this new temple you speak of.
Perhaps we can figure out through context if the one you speak of is literal.

It in no way destroys the fact that there is only one true gospel.

I don't think either of us deny scripture. We just see it with different perspectives.

I'm not a very sweet talker at times. It was a rather snarky jest, somewhat at your expense I suppose. I could have conveyed my point without it, no doubt. You seemed to be a little less moved by such things, which is another reason you got it. I'm glad it didn't offend you too much. Still though; in retrospect; it surely didn't help anything. It was a slight vent though, as you noted.

A side note though;

I'm pretty sure we were talking about natural man earlier;

1 Samuel: 3. 7. Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him. 8. And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child. 9. Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place. 10. And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth. 11. And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.

Back to the subject at hand;
Ezra: 3. 1. And when the seventh month was come, and the children of Israel were in the cities, the people gathered themselves together as one man to Jerusalem. 2. Then stood up Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and his brethren, and builded the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings thereon, as it is written in the law of Moses the man of God. 3. And they set the altar upon his bases; for fear was upon them because of the people of those countries: and they offered burnt offerings thereon unto the LORD, even burnt offerings morning and evening. 5. And afterward offered the continual burnt offering, both of the new moons, and of all the set feasts of the LORD that were consecrated, and of every one that willingly offered a freewill offering unto the LORD. 6. From the first day of the seventh month began they to offer burnt offerings unto the LORD. But the foundation of the temple of the LORD was not yet laid. 7. They gave money also unto the masons, and to the carpenters; and meat, and drink, and oil, unto them of Zidon, and to them of Tyre, to bring cedar trees from Lebanon to the sea of Joppa, according to the grant that they had of Cyrus king of Persia. 8. Now in the second year of their coming unto the house of God at Jerusalem, in the second month, began Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and the remnant of their brethren the priests and the Levites, and all they that were come out of the captivity unto Jerusalem; and appointed the Levites, from twenty years old and upward, to set forward the work of the house of the LORD. 9. Then stood Jeshua with his sons and his brethren, Kadmiel and his sons, the sons of Judah, together, to set forward the workmen in the house of God: the sons of Henadad, with their sons and their brethren the Levites. 10. And when the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the LORD, they set the priests in their apparel with trumpets, and the Levites the sons of Asaph with cymbals, to praise the LORD, after the ordinance of David king of Israel. 11. And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid. 12. But many of the priests and Levites and chief of the fathers, who were ancient men, that had seen the first house, when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes, wept with a loud voice; and many shouted aloud for joy: 13. So that the people could not discern the noise of the shout of joy from the noise of the weeping of the people: for the people shouted with a loud shout, and the noise was heard afar off.

Ezra: 5. 15. And said unto him, Take these vessels, go, carry them into the temple that is in Jerusalem, and let the house of God be builded in his place. 16. Then came the same Sheshbazzar, and laid the foundation of the house of God which is in Jerusalem: and since that time even until now hath it been in building, and yet it is not finished.

Isaiah: 44. 24. Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; 25. That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish; 26. That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof: 27. That saith to the deep, Be dry, and I will dry up thy rivers: 28. That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Isaiah: 66. 1. Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? 2. For all those things hath mine hand made, and those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. 3. He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations. 4. I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. 5. Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed. 6. A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies. 7. Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. 8. Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. 9. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God. 10. Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her: 11. That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory. 12. For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees. 13. As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem. 14. And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies. 17. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. 18. For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 19. And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. 20. And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 22. For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah: 7. 4. Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these.

Zechariah: 6. 12. And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD: 13. Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Zechariah: 8. 3. Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain. 4. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age. 5. And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof. 6. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts. 7. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; 8. And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness. 9. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Let your hands be strong, ye that hear in these days these words by the mouth of the prophets, which were in the day that the foundation of the house of the LORD of hosts was laid, that the temple might be built. 10. For before these days there was no hire for man, nor any hire for beast; neither was there any peace to him that went out or came in because of the affliction: for I set all men every one against his neighbour. 11. But now I will not be unto the residue of this people as in the former days, saith the LORD of hosts. 12. For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things. 13. And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong. 14. For thus saith the LORD of hosts; As I thought to punish you, when your fathers provoked me to wrath, saith the LORD of hosts, and I repented not: 15. So again have I thought in these days to do well unto Jerusalem and to the house of Judah: fear ye not. 16. These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates: 17. And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD. 20. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities: 21. And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also. 22. Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD. 23. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Okay, I know I'm jumping around a little, but that in Zachariah shows that there is no difference in Jew and gentile. And so do a lot of the other ones I posted.

Mark: 13. 10. And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

One gospel all nation's, as in one people
Mark: 14. 58. We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

Shows that the anointed is synonymous with the temple and not a building.

Revelation: 3. 12. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Revelation: 21. 21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. 22. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 26. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. 27. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

I think I made my point about the temple being spiritual.

I may have misspoke about a new temple sort of. There is only one of those too.

peace

God's Truth

Tapatalk is a mobile phone forum app that compiles all forums one has interest in to one place. It is quite useful.

Ole sandy squirrel isn't me.

I would have no reason to use an alternate name. I can be found anywhere under popsthebuilder.

peace

Thanks for explaining. It wasn't just the Tapatalk, he used a scripture site that you have used before. Is that scripture site from Tapatalk? Don't bother answering anymore about this, I was just wondering.

God's Truth

Why don't we just let Paul speak for himself, rather than have you read what you want into his words. Paul says he refrains from boasting ....even if I should choose to boast.....for though I would desire glory....I shall not be a fool.

For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.​

And he says that, not in relation to "obeying" but in speaking of the revelations he'd been given.

Paul says he wants us to boast in each other.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

Paul shows us we can boast in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God's grace.

2 Corinthians 7:14 I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:10 You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.

2 Corinthians 12:6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Acts 23:1 Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, "My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day."

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

Status
Not open for further replies.