Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Whether you think there is a need is of no consequence.
Paul tells us there are other gospels than the one he preaches. Gal 1:8, 2 Cor 11:4

You can believe it till the cows come home, and it still won't change the fact that GOD made promises and covenant with a literal physical earthly Israel about an earthly kingdom with an earthly throne in which their Messiah will rule on earth in the very land it was promised to take place.

It's repeated in Paul's gospel because Paul's gospel is not about the kingdom of Israel.
But scripture also repeatedly tells us that the nation/kingdom of Israel is elect, chosen nation with specific land to inherit and specific promises made to that were not promised to other nations.
And one of the things those Gentiles had to do to join the nation of Israel was to be circumcised. A physical earthly fleshly circumcision.
No fleshly circumcision required in Paul's gospel.

All ya gotta do is recognize things that differ. While there may be some overlapping similarities at times, it's those things that differ that makes them separate from each other.
Thus, things that differ are not the same.
When one starts to recognize the differences, and that GOD is not yet through with the nation of Israel, then one can drop all the vain attempts and jumping through hoops with theological gymnastics to try and force Paul's gospel to line up previous ones. They stand on their own and do not need to be mixed at all.

:thumb:

God's Truth

By your own efforts

Those who obey are using their will. God works in us to will.

We can obey what Jesus says to do before we receive the Holy Spirit, and after.

It is just easier after to continue to do right.

Think of all the Jews who did obey God before they received the Holy Spirit.

They obeyed God and God walked among them, but when they were given the Holy Spirit, they had the Helper, the Comforter living inside them.

God's Truth

By your own efforts? In what way thanks

Hi Marhig,

We have to use our own efforts, it does not mean though that we are alone.

God works in us to will, to want to obey Him. How does He do that? He does that by living inside us. His love inside us compels us to want to keep obeying Him.

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Did you catch that? God wants us to use our will.

God's Truth

Actually fruit is acts of Godliness.
Acts as in action Truster.
'Spouter of Nonsense'
You are too busy arguing instead of uplifting. Tearing down instead of building up.
Judging.
Pride over humility.

'It also opens the door for every idiot and his brother to start derailing the thread with imagined nonsense.'
------Truster.

You are DERAILING THIS THREAD WITH IMAGINED NONSENSE....IDIOT WIND.

CHECK YOURSELF.
DON'T RESPOND.
GO PRAY TO GOD WITH AN OPEN HEART, HUMILITY, AND OPEN MIND!!!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Do you think you are speaking God's Truth, or Satan's lies?

You tried to insult me for my username, but you show yourself to be like Truster, a false accuser. You show yourself as one who goes by mere appearances.

You are just as bad as Truster. You come only to put down and destroy.

ClimateSanity

Your reading Philippians 2:13 wrong. It is God in us who is working.....not us.

When we are in the flesh, we look for things we should and shouldnt do. We do things in order to obey our master instead of letting our Lord guide us and give us the power and motivation to do as he wills. A person who is crucified with Christ trusts that Christ is at work in him in every activity he engages in and that Christ is providing him with the motivation and the reason.

A person in the flesh doesn't wait for Christ to work in him. He looks for things he thinks he is doing wrong and tries to stop it no matter how much he hates to give it up.

Those crucified in Christ are given everything needed to accomplish his will on the Lord's timetable.....not theirs.

popsthebuilder

Whether you think there is a need is of no consequence.
Paul tells us there are other gospels than the one he preaches. Gal 1:8, 2 Cor 11:4

You can believe it till the cows come home, and it still won't change the fact that GOD made promises and covenant with a literal physical earthly Israel about an earthly kingdom with an earthly throne in which their Messiah will rule on earth in the very land it was promised to take place.

It's repeated in Paul's gospel because Paul's gospel is not about the kingdom of Israel.
But scripture also repeatedly tells us that the nation/kingdom of Israel is elect, chosen nation with specific land to inherit and specific promises made to that were not promised to other nations.
And one of the things those Gentiles had to do to join the nation of Israel was to be circumcised. A physical earthly fleshly circumcision.
No fleshly circumcision required in Paul's gospel.

All ya gotta do is recognize things that differ. While there may be some overlapping similarities at times, it's those things that differ that makes them separate from each other.
Thus, things that differ are not the same.
When one starts to recognize the differences, and that GOD is not yet through with the nation of Israel, then one can drop all the vain attempts and jumping through hoops with theological gymnastics to try and force Paul's gospel to line up previous ones. They stand on their own and do not need to be mixed at all.
Galatians: 1. 6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians: 11. 3. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. 5. For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles. 6. But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things. 7. Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely? 12. But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. 13. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. 16. I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little. 17. That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting. 18. Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also. 19. For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise. 22. Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I. 23. Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

Yeah, your right; another Gospel was mentioned; one of deceit.

Fool a moron, you won't be fooling me. Fool yourself as you have done evidently, you won't be fooling me.

There is one Gospel one Lord and one GOD.
it would behoove you to understand that.

Do you have a better argument or something? Thanks for the laugh though; biblical literalists just crack me up.

So you think the new temple will be a literal building? Interesting.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

ClimateSanity

Galatians: 1. 6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians: 11. 3. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. 5. For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles. 6. But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things. 7. Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely? 12. But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. 13. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. 16. I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little. 17. That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting. 18. Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also. 19. For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise. 22. Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I. 23. Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

Fool a moron, you won't be fooling me. Fool yourself as you have done evidently, you won't be fooling me.

Do you have a better argument or something?

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
Please examine the gospel Paul is railing against. Does it sound like the OT or NT?

God's Truth

When we're led by the Spirit to do something, there will be no place for us to boast, and it probably won't be easy, but we will have peace nevertheless.

It's a matter of motive, don't you think? If we do it because we think it's something Christians should do, or we will be proving something to onlookers or God, or it's required to be holy, or it will make us feel good, then it's of the flesh.

Paul boasted in his obedience.

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

Paul is letting you know that you cannot shame him for boasting about doing right. You know, the way you try to shame me for preaching obedience and doing what God says to do.

God's Truth

I did try to PM you.

I'll just paste it here:

I'm truly disturbed by some of this stuff here.
Another thread today i think. Jacob is being persecuted for being Jewish i think.
And then this 'Do you still play cowboys and injuns' poster chiming in.
Jacob knew nothing of this.
I'm a creative writer so i got pretty creative to stop the 'nonsense' that 'derailed' the thread started by Jacob

I'm thinking maybe a thread on the fruits of the spirit and deeds of the flesh.
But will it get dissected into "word salad"..thus confetti of scripture...so we are doing nothing productive here?

Or the Sermon on the Mount.

The first few verses of John.
Idk.
The Spirit of the Word is getting lost in these 'kids' playing 'Who's a better Christian' egocentric bull crud.
Ok.
I'm in PM.

Nice see a patient practice of showing the ridiculousness of this word obsession...with a kind tone.
And no anger....like i get.
Secondary emotion it is...to pain or fear.
In this case a little of both.
Yikes.

I thought we really talk among intelligent educated amateur theologians here.
Not right wing reactionaries...
And it costs to join and some point?
Oi

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Are you popsthebuilder? Or maybe Spokrates? You posted from a site that pops uses, and I am just wondering.

God's Truth

Well it depends by what you mean by feel good? Do we feel good and holy in ourselves? Or do we feel good because God is being glorified?

The scriptures say that we are made holy and perfect.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which immediately destroys the notion there is only one gospel ......

...... except to those that deny scripture.

Do you have a better argument or something? Thanks for the laugh though; biblical literalists just crack me up.
You're such a sweet talker. Atta boy! Let it out!

So you think the new temple will be a literal building? Interesting.
Share the scripture reference you have for this new temple you speak of.
Perhaps we can figure out through context if the one you speak of is literal.

God's Truth

You're right, it's just plain misleading.

No, it is not misleading to tell people to obey Jesus.

Jesus himself tells us to obey him.

Grasp that truth. Jesus Christ tells us to obey.

His word are life. It is helping others to get life when I preach that we are to obey Jesus.
It's boasting when you tell everyone how you obey everything,

You kept pressuring me to tell you if I obey everything that Jesus says, so I told you the truth and said yes. What would you like not to obey that Jesus says? How can you leave anything out? Which sins do you think are acceptable? Which things that Jesus says do you think are expendable?

and it was your obedience that saved you, and it was your obedience that will keep you saved.

It was Jesus' words that saved me, and it is what will keep me saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.