ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

glorydaz

You confuse liberty with license. I don't.

I'm not the confused one. You are still under the law and I'm not. You are still under the schoolmaster and I'm not. You preach the law and I don't. This is not up for debate.

And courtesy of Yeshua, you have no authority over me. Sorry. As I posted, I stand in Yeshua's corner.

:mock: IMJ claims "Yeshua" is in a corner.

"Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand." Romans 14:4

That verse is talking about the "weak" brethren. Not the false brethren like you. Major difference. You are a wolf dressed up like a sheep...I see your pointy ears and long tail so I'm spreading the word.

glorydaz

What does this have to do with the thread or the ongoing discusssion?

Answer: Yes and Yes.

"Assured of a place in heaven", and she answers, "yes".

Can you lose that place, and she answers, "yes".

What kind of assurance is that? :kookoo:

Like I said, still under the school master. ;)

IMJerusha

I'm not the confused one. You are still under the law and I'm not. You are still under the schoolmaster and I'm not. You preach the law and I don't.

Oh yes, you are the confused one as I am, like Paul, under the Law of Yeshua who embodies the Law. Under Yeshua's Law, forgiveness is an act of obedience to God in and with Whom Yeshua resides. (Thought I would try to bring you back to the topic of this thread) If Yeshua is obedient to God's Will and we follow Yeshua, it follows that we too must be obedient to God's Will.

This is not up for debate.

Uh huh, this is TOL.

That verse is talking about the "weak" brethren. Not the false brethren like you. Major difference. You are a wolf dressed up like a sheep...I see your pointy ears and long tail so I'm spreading the word.

You're welcome to your opinion. I have backed mine with God's Word and I will stand on that Word.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You confuse liberty with license.
Actually "licence" is a legit translation.
When you have license, you have freedom. (Such as: a driver license gives you the legal freedom to drive, while those that don't have a licence do not have that freedom and are bound by law to not drive at all or they would be breaking the law).

And "license" is listed in Thayer's dictionary of Greek words:
G1657
ἐλευθερία
eleutheria
Thayer Definition:
1) liberty to do or to omit things having no relationship to salvation
2) fancied liberty
2a) licence, the liberty to do as one pleases
3) true liberty is living as we should not as we please
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G1658​

1 Corinthians 10 KJV
(29) Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?

So, yes, the BOC has the license (freedom) to sin because we are not bound by a law that says don't sin at all.
All others that sin are sinning without a license, and therefore breaking the law.

glorydaz

Oh yes, you are the confused one as I am, like Paul, under the Law of Yeshua who embodies the Law. Under Yeshua's Law, forgiveness is an act of obedience to God in and with Whom Yeshua resides. (Thought I would try to bring you back to the topic of this thread) If Yeshua is obedient to God's Will and we follow Yeshua, it follows that we too must be obedient to God's Will.

Clearly you don't listen any better than your sister, God's UNtruth. Heir did an excellent job explaining what Paul was saying in the verse you allude to. You have an unteachable spirit and you prove it over and over again. The problem all you pharisee types have is thinking you are able to teach something you do not possess. Without the Holy Spirit opening your eyes to what a verse is saying, you are left to your own human reasoning. And that's why you keep speaking such nonsense and quoting verses that do not show what you'd like them to.

Our Lord Jesus Christ did what you can never do. And all your righteousness is as filthy rags. So, boast away about how you obey and then wave you pride flag on high. We see it's a filthy rag. ;)

Danoh

Actually "licence" is a legit translation.
When you have license, you have freedom. (Such as: a driver license gives you the legal freedom to drive, while those that don't have a licence do not have that freedom and are bound by law to not drive at all or they would be breaking the law).

And "license" is listed in Thayer's dictionary of Greek words:
G1657
ἐλευθερία
eleutheria
Thayer Definition:
1) liberty to do or to omit things having no relationship to salvation
2) fancied liberty
2a) licence, the liberty to do as one pleases
3) true liberty is living as we should not as we please
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G1658​

1 Corinthians 10 KJV
(29) Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?

So, yes, the BOC has the license (freedom) to sin because we are not bound by a law that says don't sin at all.
All others that sin are sinning without a license, and therefore breaking the law.

Being that you are also Mid-Acts in your understanding of how to properly study these issues out, I am sure you are already aware of the following.

So I'll post it lest "we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say, Let us do evil, that good may come" Rom. 3:8.

What you wrote above is only half the equation.

The freedom is from sin; the license is to serve - Romans 6:

17. But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh," Galatians 5:13.

At the same time, some confuse that with the Little Flock's version of said license - their perfect Law of liberty under their Covenant - their license to serve God, James 1:1, 25.

glorydaz

Being that you are also Mid-Acts in your understanding of how to properly study these issues out, I am sure you are already aware of the following.

So I'll post it lest "we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say, Let us do evil, that good may come" Rom. 3:8.

17. But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh," Galatians 5:13.

At the same time, some confuse that with the Little Flock's version of said license - their perfect Law of liberty under their Covenant - their license to serve God, James 1:1, 25.

I'll tell you why the "serve" isn't stressed by more believers. We take the charge of not boasting very seriously. Even a hint of what "we" do puts us in danger of sounding like those who boast in their own obedience/righteousness. I for one would rather err on the side of caution where that is concerned. I don't know of one single member of the body of Christ who would even dream of grieving the Spirit in us. We have no desire....because we have been freed from the Law. There is no "forbidden fruit" there. We have enough "faults" as human beings without going out seeking trouble.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

1Cor 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Cor 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.​

I see the liberty we have as similar to this:
All speed limits are lawful. But just because any speed is lawful doesn't mean it is a good idea to drive 120 mph through a school zone. That would be reckless even though you have the liberty to do so.
Or, to put it another way, if I do drive 120 mph through a school zone, even though it would be reckless, I have not broken the law.

glorydaz

1Cor 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Cor 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.​

I see the liberty we have as similar to this:
All speed limits are lawful. But just because any speed is lawful doesn't mean it is a good idea to drive 120 mph through a school zone. That would be reckless even though you have the liberty to do so.
Or, to put it another way, if I do drive 120 mph through a school zone, even though it would be reckless, I have not broken the law.

The speeding analogy is a good one.

The law, itself, sets people up to want to break it. It's like the drinking age. Once you are legal to drink, the challenge is gone.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll tell you why the "serve" isn't stressed by more believers. We take the charge of not boasting very seriously. Even a hint of what "we" do puts us in danger of sounding like those who boast in their own obedience/righteousness. I for one would rather err on the side of caution where that is concerned. I don't know of one single member of the body of Christ who would even dream of grieving the Spirit in us. We have no desire....because we have been freed from the Law. There is no "forbidden fruit" there. We have enough "faults" as human beings without going out seeking trouble.
Yeah.
The first things folks want to scream at grace believers is that we just want to have an excuse to go out and whoop it up with sin!

The fact is that they don't have clue what good deeds I have done throughout my life. My good deeds may be ten-fold of what they have done.
When the fact of the matter is that none of OUR righteous deeds releases us from death to eternal life. If that were even possible, then Christ needed not to come and die.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The speeding analogy is a good one.

The law, itself, sets people up to want to break it. It's like the drinking age. Once you are legal to drink, the challenge is gone.
Yeah.
Paul even made the comparison that even though he had the liberty to eat all things, it would still be rude to do so in the home of someone that does not yet realize they can have that liberty.