ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree, you don't because you still preach man doing something to earn or keep his salvation.....abide....endure to the end....obey commandments. You name it, you push it.

"Filled with all knowledge...." You'd best get busy and report Paul. :rotfl:

Romans 15:13-14
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.​

IMJ made another of her "inane" reports again. She wants somebody; anybody, banned!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, no :nono: The Father, Son and Ruach Names it and I push it. Things like forgiving and forgiveness....you know, the subject of this thread?

You've been kind of ignoring the theme of the thread yourself!
You do realize that, right? Come to think of it, you probably
don't notice it because, you're busy reporting your fellow
posters?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You PUSH IT alright. :chuckle:

You push the law, and I preach grace. You're stuck on the wrong side of the cross. You preach IF you forgive you will be forgiven, not knowing why our Lord was preaching the law....not believing that He would die so that we could have forgiveness of sin...."not of ourselves"....but as a gift when we believe...not by works of righteousness that we have done but according to HIS mercy.

You know, don't you, that our Lord had not yet been to the cross? Is that a minor detail to you? It certainly seems to be....you don't preach the cross at all. :think:

Do you understand the meaning of the words, "NOT of yourselves"?

What exactly do you think Jesus accomplished on the cross? IF we have to forgive in order to be forgiven, then this text is a lie concocted by Paul to let people off the hook....instead of it's being what the RISEN LORD revealed to Paul.

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Of course to understand would take away your ability to BOAST in how wonderful you are for forgiving others. Do you think you will stand before the great white throne and claim you forgave so God will have to forgive you. Dream on little worker bee.

IMJ doesn't forgive her enemies, she reports them!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yo, "castaway" the Skipper's really livid at you again; get back to your shipwreck, pronto.

latest

image.php

I am glad you changed you target to me instead of Jerusha. She does not deserve your evil treatment.

Some of you call her wolf wearing sheep's clothing. The fact is you are the ones wearing sheep's clothing.

You guys don't know Jesus at all.

And I know Jerusha forgives your evil mouth, too.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am glad you changed you target to me instead of Jerusha. She does not deserve your evil treatment.

Some of you call her wolf wearing sheep's clothing. The fact is you are the ones wearing sheep's clothing.

Judge away in a popular manner. That is your skill.

good day

Danoh

Take a chill pill; I was just giving you a hard time.

And no; I've never called either of you wolves in sheep's clothing.

Don't know you well enough to, or not to.

My own belief is that most people are ignorantly confused about various issues; I don't see them as up to some evil plot, until proven otherwise.

Their leaders, well that is at times a different story altogether.

In other words, what I see is yours and their ignorance of how to objectively examine passages in Scripture. What little time in Scripture the recurrent pattern of your posts reveals most of you actually even spend in Scripture, to begin with.

And studying Scripture soundly requires finding out first, how that is properly approached.

That's not what one finds on forums - most posters are posting their own ideas together with what they have read in books supposedly Bible based and or what they have heard from others well-read in those same books.

Others add to their confusion really lousy, legalistic personalities.

That I have had to conclude you and IMJerusha and others confused in that way, given the obvious source of your every posts, does not mean I view you as people up to no good.

As the parable of the talents illustrates, though - having been up to no good ends up the same end result as someone who had actually been up to no good but ignorant as to how soundly proceed, to begin with.

And there, as here, the issue was/is that of responsible stewardship.

That character; Gilligan is like that. Your shoe happens to fit his. In his case, he too means well. But his meaning well keeps them stranded.

You and yours, whether up to no good or not; would keep us stranded in the bondage of your notions.

No can do, "Gilligan, little buddy - if a smack to the right side of your head with the cap of 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 in light of 2 Timothy 2:15 is what you and yours keep bringing on yourselves; well, in the "tradition of Paul," that's what you and yours will keep getting for your same "little buddy" efforts and its ill results.

Until, either you wise up and go away, or wise up and join the fight against the bondage you and yours would enslave us to out of your perhaps well intended ignorance and its nevertheless evil result due to said ignorance.

In short, "little buddy," you might mean well - "But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour," 2 Timothy 2:20.

IMJerusha

In short, "little buddy," you might mean well - "But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour," 2 Timothy 2:20.

Be careful, Brother, you're bringing works into a discussion filled with folks who don't believe in works. For salvation, I would have to agree but for life in Yeshua, works are a necessity as verse 21 confirms. Forgiving and forgiveness is a sign that we are in Yeshua and He in us. Those who have been taken into HaSatan's trap do not practice forgiving but they can receive forgiveness if they repent.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by keeping you in bondage. I'm assuming you mean putting you under the Law for salvation. That's not possible as that Covenant is no longer in force and was broken about 400 years before Yeshua came to us despite the fact that folks kept living as though they hadn't broken it. Yeshua is the only Way to life but that does not give us leave to live in continued lawlessness. "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" Romans 6:1-2 Paul isn't stating that we are incapable of sin because we have accepted Yeshua. He's stating just as he has stated elsewhere, including the passages immediately following 2 Timothy 2:20-21 that HaSatan lays traps for us and he goes on to describe the end times wherein people will be continuing as they want in sin, having a form of godliness but not doing God's Will and denying His power. We have to do exactly as Yeshua instructed, remain in Him, not live a life of willful sin and certainly not casting division in the Body.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Others add to their confusion really lousy, legalistic personalities.

That I have had to conclude you and IMJerusha and others confused in that way, given the obvious source of your every posts, does not mean I view you as people up to no good.

You mean like this?...."My own belief is that most people are ignorantly confused about various issues; I don't see them as up to some evil plot, until proven otherwise.

In other words, what I see is yours and their ignorance of how to objectively examine passages in Scripture. What little time in Scripture the recurrent pattern of your posts reveals most of you actually even spend in Scripture, to begin with."

You fail to see your own legalism in peoples refusal to accept MAD or Dispensationalism in general and want to claim right division by your standard, not God's. Right division of Scripture is not by our standards but by the Ruach.

Danoh

You mean like this?...."My own belief is that most people are ignorantly confused about various issues; I don't see them as up to some evil plot, until proven otherwise.

In other words, what I see is yours and their ignorance of how to objectively examine passages in Scripture. What little time in Scripture the recurrent pattern of your posts reveals most of you actually even spend in Scripture, to begin with."

You fail to see your own legalism in peoples refusal to accept MAD or Dispensationalism in general and want to claim right division by your standard, not God's. Right division of Scripture is not by our standards but by the Ruach.

As usual, you read your understanding into my words. In the above, I mean the following - "I don't see them as up to some evil plot, until proven otherwise. Their leaders, well that is at times a different story altogether."

Fact is, there are "leaders" out there who are knowingly up to no good, and you know that.

Case in point of many:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/morris_cerullo_exposed.htm

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Fact is, there are "leaders" out there who are knowingly up to no good, and you know that.

The church leaders should know better that Christianity is all about following Jesus and His teaching with all their heart, soul, strength and mind.

"your works cannot save you" attitude is far from aiming to be faithful to Jesus.

Shame on them, and shame on you that you don't recognize their deceitfulness.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

She may forgive our evil mouth, but, does she forgive our evil feet?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The church leaders should know better that Christianity is all about following Jesus and His teaching with all their heart, soul, strength and mind.

"your works cannot save you" attitude is far from aiming to be faithful to Jesus.

However, we do recognize YOUR deceitfulness, so that's the important issue, isn't it?

Danoh

Geez, "little buddy" you sure know how to misunderstand what someone else was actually saying.

Do me a favor; take that silly hat of yours off a minute and smack yourself with it... :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

That's kind of humorous because, you believe your so called 'obedience' to the Lord "MAY" gain you entrance into eternal life? So, you're being disingenuous here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
IMJ says:

[/QUOTE]

So, are you saying that, YOUR standards are God's standards? In that
case, you're accusing Danoh of the same thing you're saying about
yourself? Isn't that quaint?