ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

IMJerusha

IMJ says:
You fail to see your own legalism in peoples refusal to accept MAD or Dispensationalism in general and want to claim right division by your standard, not God's. Right division of Scripture is not by our standards but by the Ruach.

So, are you saying that, YOUR standards are God's standards? In that
case, you're accusing Danoh of the same thing you're saying about
yourself? Isn't that quaint?

No, what I am stating is that the Ruach would not lead us to any understanding of God's Word that goes against any other part of God's Word. And Grosnick, do you not know how to properly quote? You seem to have been doing fine before. For correct context, here's my post which you are trying to quote/refer to.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4378745&postcount=2052

IMJerusha

Back to post 1.

Mark 11:25-26

"And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Luke 6:36

Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

I believe that it isn't wise to let things that unforgiven in that way, I believe we should seek to forgive others and accept the forgiveness offered to us and then get on with our life.[/INDENT]

Thank you!
I would ask, Brother, what you make of the entire dismissal of the need for us to forgive and be forgiven. Do you think there are long term consequences if we don't practice mercy? I believe there are.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ettra: I believe that it isn't wise to let things that unforgiven ***** in that way, I believe we should seek to forgive others and accept the forgiveness offered to us and then get on with our life.

Should read: I believe that it isn't wise to let things that unforgiven remain that way, I believe we should seek to forgive others and accept the forgiveness offered to us and then get on with our life.

Thank you!
I would ask, Brother, what you make of the entire dismissal of the need for us to forgive and be forgiven.
I do not think it is wise to dismiss it all, if I understand your question correctly. I believe forgiving and forgiveness begins with God, thus we our do the same as we are not great than the I AM. But when we do forgive we assimilate the actions of the Father, and He would approve; but has to be genuine forgiveness with remembrance, as our Father does not remember our sins either.​
Do you think there are long term consequences if we don't practice mercy? I believe there are.
I believe the same also, I don't it will be very favorable at the Judgment Seat of Christ for the Believer.​

glorydaz

Thank you!
I would ask, Brother, what you make of the entire dismissal of the need for us to forgive and be forgiven. Do you think there are long term consequences if we don't practice mercy? I believe there are.

Of course you haven't seen anything of the sort on this thread. :grave:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You stated that, "The Holy Spirit, contradicts itself."
Please understand that I make a distinction between the Holy Spirit itself--which I believe is unchanging--and the inspired authors and readers who interpret that Holy Spirit through their own experiences, cultures and theologies.

"He comes to us as One unknown, without a name, as of old, by the lakeside. He came to those men who knew Him not. He speaks to us the same words:
'Follow thou me!' and sets us to the tasks which He has to fulfill for our time.

He commands.

And to those who obey Him, whether they be wise or simple, He will reveal himself in the toils, the conflicts, the sufferings which they shall pass through in His fellowship, and, as an ineffable mystery, they shall learn in their own experience Who He is."

― Albert Schweitzer, The Quest of the Historical Jesus

Danoh

This thread is not the same without GT...

Ah, those images her posts would inspire. Of her scratching her head wondering why we could not see what was so clear to her alone - work, work, work...

Aikido 7 is not much of a replacement.

lol

glorydaz

This thread is not the same without GT...

Ah, those images her posts would inspire. Of her scratching her head wondering why we could not see what was so clear to her alone - work, work, work...

Aikido 7 is not much of a replacement.

lol

It's the pride you're missing. Rarely do you find anyone with a swelled up head the size of God's UNtruth's. I imagine she has it sitting on the mantle with candles burning on each side....just waiting to bring it forth some time in the not-distant-enough future.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is replacing what?

Pride is a terrible thing to deal with.

Let's keep this thread on point.

Danoh

Who is replacing what?

Pride is a terrible thing to deal with.

Let's keep this thread on point.

Its your thread; so its your House...man :)

By the way; how are you doing; health wise?

And how is your lovely wife; she must be so worried.

Its only "natural."

You both continue in my prayers...

God's Truth

Everything I say is scripture.

All are One when they come to Jesus with faith and obedience.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Everything I say about the Bible is scripture, even though I do not always post the scripture reference.

Is there anyone here who believes in the Bible only yet thinks they speak what is not scriptural?

God's Truth

You are off-base on all that for the same reason you are so often off-base.

You read into things.

What I said was "you're still stuck in all that aspect of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Early Acts that is now on hold.

What do you think is on hold?