ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

turbosixx

Post cross-the law was followed, obeyed, including the feast of Pentecost, part of the law, on orders from the Lord Jesus Christ.

After Jesus' DBR, I see in scripture where Paul followed the law but I don't see the 12 following it.
Acts 18:18 After this, Paul stayed many days longer and then took leave of the brothers[c] and set sail for Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila. At Cenchreae he had cut his hair, for he was under a vow.

Acts 16:3 Paul wanted Timothy to accompany him, and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those places, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

turbosixx

"the handwriting of ordinances" is not equivalent to the law. Paul was referring to the sin debt, the "certificate of debt,"

Thanks for answering the question. I agree but didn't the law show man he was in debt? Did Paul know what sin was without the law?
Rom. 7:13 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead. 9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.
The law of Moses could not forgive sin, that's why it had to be abolished.

From your perspective, what is the "law of commandments that was abolished by Christ's blood.
Eph. 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,

john w

Hall of Fame
You said I was confused on what was nailed to the cross. I'm waiting for you to enlighten me as to what it was.

You lied-the law was not nailed to the cross, as you were shown, with scripture.

Why did you lie? Your father prompted you?

Christians are not under any law, a a "rule of life," but that is not equivalent to asserting that the law was abolished, as you satanically assert-it still serves its purpose, as it always has. Through the law, is the knowledge of sin, and still functions, to bring the lost to Christ-today, as it did in Egypt, as it always has/does today:

Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7 KJV
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Galatians 3 KJV
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Read it-"that"

john w

Hall of Fame
After Jesus' DBR, I see in scripture where Paul followed the law but I don't see the 12 following it.
Acts 18:18 After this, Paul stayed many days longer and then took leave of the brothers[c] and set sail for Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila. At Cenchreae he had cut his hair, for he was under a vow.

Acts 16:3 Paul wanted Timothy to accompany him, and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those places, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

Yes, they did-they observed all the "feasts," as did Paul, and kept the dietary rules, and..................You changed the subject-You lied. You asserted:

Jesus nailed the law of Moses to the cross with him taking it out of the way. It's no longer in effect.

Face you-habitually lying...defiled, seared conscious, and all....t

john w

Hall of Fame
Thanks for answering the question. I agree but didn't the law show man he was in debt? Did Paul know what sin was without the law?
Rom. 7:13 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead. 9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.
The law of Moses could not forgive sin, that's why it had to be abolished.

=drunk/demon possessed-scriptures says the law exists, post cross, during Paul's day, and still today, to show the lost, what sin is, serving as a "tutor" to bring them to Christ-"post cross."

You lied, saying the opposite:

Jesus nailed the law of Moses to the cross with him taking it out of the way. It's no longer in effect.

Why do you lie? Your father's orders?

Did Paul know what sin was without the law?

Your daddy keeps telling you to ask questions, like he did in the garden, and deny....

Romans 7 KJV
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

john w

Hall of Fame
Colossians 2:14 KJV Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Survey Hebrews 7:15-16 KJV And it is yet far more evident if, according to the likeness of Melchisedec there arises another priest,Who is made, not according to the law of a carnal commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

Survey Hebrews 9:9-10 KJV Which was symbolic for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him who did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Which stood only in meat and drink offerings, and various washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed until the time of reformation.

God's law is not carnal,....the problem is with man....To wit, Paul...

Romans 7 KJV

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ nailed to the cross what was contrary to him...

Ephesians 2:15 KJV "the law of commandments contained in ordinances;"
Colossians 2:14 KJV "the handwriting of ordinances"
Hebrews 7:16 KJV "the law of a carnal commandment"
Hebrews 9:10 KJV "carnal ordinances;"

What the Lord Jesus Christ abolished was carnal/fleshly commandments and ordinances, and hand written ordinances=that is the context..= the decrees of exclusion established by men, which were rooted in enmity between Jew & Gentile,such as “touch not, taste not, handle not”(survey Colossians 2:21 KJV), man-made social class/caste system set in place by Oral Torah, and Jewish leaders, attempting to keep a social and religious difference between Jews and Gentiles. Ordinances/decrees were laws that were man-made. Paul was referring to man-made orders, in this verse through the term “ordinance”. These “ordinances” were, yes, indeed hostile/”hate”/”enmity”, as they restrained anyone other than “Jews” worshiping God. These ordinances made a clear separation between Jew and Gentile, by elevating one above the other, to an “elite status,” to the extent where gentiles were looked down upon, scorned, and disassociated, by Jews everywhere………..

Last edited:

God's Truth

Yes, He absolutely did.

Do you own a Bible?

Can you read it?

Paul SAID he was the one who received the mystery FIRST.

No one got it along with him. No one got it before him.

It was humanly unknown before God made it known to Paul.

Paul received it first, THEN in time shared it with the apostles.

The Spirit confirmed Paul's revelation to them. They "perceived the grace that was given to me." Do you see what that means? That means they SAW something they didn't know before.

They perceived the grace that was given him BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAD IT.

How did they see it? By the Spirit. They saw that Paul and his new revelation were legit.

WHAT did they perceive?

That new revelation indicated that there were now TWO gospels -- what they had been preaching since the Gospels, which would fade as unbelieving Israel faded, and now Paul's message for heathen Gentiles.

Everything I say here is in line with Galatians 2. That's where I got it.

Read Galatians 2:7 about 10 times. It means exactly what it says.

Paul went to the Jews FIRST, and it was decided that he go to the Gentiles because the Jews thought Paul was trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus so that Paul could have them dragged off to jail.

Read what Paul said to Jesus and what Jesus said to Paul:

Acts 22:19 ‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”

God's Truth

No, He did not "nailed the law of Moses to the cross"-you misread what "law of commandments" is. The law still functions to:

1.Show the lost, including Paul, when he was lost, what sin is:

Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:7 KJV What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

2. Lead the lost to the Saviour:

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

You: Deny the above verses.

You're a prime example, of one who does not study the details of the book, but just posts what other websites say, thinking, "Boy,'the law of Moses was nailed to the cross' sounds impressive!!"

Post cross-the law was followed, obeyed, including the feast of Pentecost, part of the law, on orders from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Another biblical idiot is exposed.

The scriptures plainly say that God nailed the old law with its regulations to the cross.

God's Truth

The rich young ruler mentioned a number of the Ten Commandments, did he mention "Thou shalt not covet?" Exodus 20:17 KJV I just do not know. If he did not, then the command to sell all he had should probably be understood in that context.

I still don't get what your argument is.

john w

Hall of Fame
The scriptures plainly say that God nailed the old law with its regulations to the cross.

No, it does not, and I gave you chapter, verse, to soak that satanic head in. And what do we get from you?
NADA, but assertions.

The law still functions to:

Romans 7:7 KJV What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

You, per your daddy devil-deny the above verses!

1 John 3:4 KJV
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

You: There is no law-it was abolished-it no longer exist-no transgression-everyone is saved.

Romans 4:15 KJV

because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

You: There is no law-it was abolished-it no longer exists. Thus, no law, no law can be broken/transgressed-everyone is saved.

Romans 5:13 KJV

(for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Ypou: There is no law-it was abolished-it no longer exists. Thus, if there is no law, it cannot be imputed to anyone-everyone is saved.

You:
- Murder, theft,lying....................................... .......................................are all OK, as there is no law, as it was allegedly abolished, to condemn them,

-everyone is saved, as when there is no law, there is no trangression, and sin is not imputed, where there is no law.

-the lost cannot come to know what sin is, and the law is not a schoolmaster, to bring them to Christ, as it was abolished....

And the scripture does say, slick one, that "THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in the ordinances" was abolished in the flesh, but that is not saying the law of Moses, God's holy law, the laws against theft, murder, rape, coveting..........................have been abolished Pate, as you satanically made up, misinterpret.

You disgusting devil worshiper.

God's Truth

No, GT is right. Peter knew all about the DBR being the means of salvation for all.

That's why he tried to stop Christ going to the cross.

Because Peter knew it was the means of salvation for all.

So he tried to stop it.

Yep. God's ultimate good news for the world, so Peter tried to prevent it happening.

That Peter, what a card.

You don't think Peter learned the truth? Unbelievable. Jesus said for Peter to strengthen his brothers in the faith.
Peter was the one who was told to kill and eat.

God's Truth

The law still functions to:

We all can read what sin is by reading the old law, but that does not mean the rules and regulations for the old law were not nailed to the cross.

Those rules and regulations are these:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

In addition, read the punishments for breaking the law in Leviticus 20.

No one will be justified by the old purification works of the law anymore, but it will still prove to give knowledge of sin.

Jesus' blood and obeying his teachings is what purifies us now.

The whole Old Testament is about Jesus, and it leads us to him.
God promised Abraham that the Savior would be a blood relative descended from him.
The Jews are blood descendants and that is why being blood related to Abraham was so important.
After Jesus came, only Jesus' blood matters.

1 John 3:4 KJV
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

You: There is no law-it was abolished-it no longer exist-no transgression-everyone is saved.

When the Holy Spirit came into the world all were convicted of sin.

God had already bound all to disobedience, so that He could have mercy on all.

All are condemned and must come to God through Jesus.

Romans 4:15 KJV

because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
There is a new law and it is the law where we find mercy for the forgiveness of sins and reconciliation to God.

You: There is no law-it was abolished-it no longer exists. Thus, no law, no law can be broken/transgressed-everyone is saved.

Romans 5:13 KJV

(for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Ypou: There is no law-it was abolished-it no longer exists. Thus, if there is no law, it cannot be imputed to anyone-everyone is saved.

God commands everyone to repent of their sins.

-everyone is saved, as when there is no law, there is no trangression, and sin is not imputed, where there is no law.
Where do you get that everyone is saved when there is no law?
What do you think happened in the time of Noah?

-the lost cannot come to know what sin is, and the law is not a schoolmaster, to bring them to Christ, as it was abolished....

There is a new law. The old law with its rules and regulations are no more.
You know there is no temple, no priest sacrificing lambs morning and evening. No one has to get circumcised or adhere to a special dietary law. No one has to observe special days.

God's Truth

God had already decided that when Saul was saved.

You should believe the Bible.

So you are going to just deny the scriptures?

Acts 22:19 ‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”

God's Truth

Before Paul was saved and became an Apostle of Jesus Christ, he was a violent man; he gave approval of Stephens’s death, guarded over the clothes that belonged to the men who killed Stephen. Saul put many of the saints in prison, and when they were put to death, he cast his vote against them. Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison. Acts 22:20, Acts 26:10, Acts 8:3.

Jesus forgave Paul.

1 Corinthians 15:9
For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Ephesians 3:8
Although I am less than the least of all the Lord's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ,

1 Timothy 1:16 But mercy was shown me in order that in me as the foremost of sinners Christ Jesus might display the fullness of His long-suffering patience as an example to encourage those who would afterwards be resting their faith on Him with a view to the Life of the Ages.

Paul being saved is proof that the worst of sinners can be saved.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I still don't get what your argument is.
If the rich young ruler was a coveter, then the Lord's advice to him didn't create a new commandment for everybody, or reinterpret the law; He revealed the rich young ruler's sin of coveting to him, and to us. He was showing the rich young ruler just what Paul would later say in Galatians 3:22 KJV, "the scripture hath concluded all under sin." The rich young ruler was blind to his covetousness, but the Lord saw it clearly, and ingeniously communicated it to both him and to His future Apostles and even to us through the publishing and preservation of the four Gospels.