ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

popsthebuilder

So God was going to do something bad? Wow, GT, that's a new low, even for you.
[MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] this is exactly what we are talking about.
Do you not know that even satan succumbs to the will of GOD? Try reading the Old Testament sometime

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you not know that even satan succumbs to the will of GOD? Try reading the Old Testament sometime

GT just said that God was going to do something wicked, which goes against his very nature. It's BLASPHEMY!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exodus 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

You have to repent of your evil.
Don't forget the good.

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

popsthebuilder

GT just said that God was going to do something wicked, which goes against his very nature. It's BLASPHEMY!
Many say the same by saying GOD changed HIS mind.

No you not that man is evil?

No you not that GOD created all; and is all knowing?

GOD indeed has the capacity to cause evil upon the evil in spirit.

popsthebuilder

The word 'repented' does not mean "stopped sinning".
GOD repented several times, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Him sinning.
Wanna know why???
Because the word 'repented' does not mean 'stopped sinning'.
But in cases (those about mans repentance) it clearly does.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Many say the same by saying GOD changed HIS mind.

No you not that man is evil?

No you not that GOD created all; and is all knowing?

GOD indeed has the capacity to cause evil upon the evil in spirit.

Pops, is it possible for someone to change their mind from doing something good and righteous to something else that's good and righteous?

Attributing sin or wickedness to God is blasphemy. GT is doing exactly that.

popsthebuilder

Pops, is it possible for someone to change their mind from doing something good and righteous to something else that's good and righteous?

Attributing sin or wickedness to God is blasphemy. GT is doing exactly that.
Not GOD; as GOD is all knowing, and a change of mind means that something wasn't known.

It is man that changes; though GOD knows to what extent and where and when, before man is conceived. We are wholly free within our physical life; is that because GOD knows not the outcome?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not GOD; as GOD is all knowing, and a change of mind means that something wasn't known.

It is man that changes; though GOD knows to what extent and where and when, before man is conceived. We are wholly free within our physical life; is that because GOD knows not the outcome?

Are you trying to turn this into a calvinism discussion?

My point remains, GT is attributing wickedness to God by saying "He repented of evil," in the context of her saying, "Repent means to turn away from sin or to stop sinning."

God does not sin, nor would he want to sin. Therefore, saying "God was about to sin, but turned away from it," is blaspheming Him.

God's Truth

The word 'repented' does not mean "stopped sinning".
GOD repented several times, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Him sinning.
Wanna know why???
Because the word 'repented' does not mean 'stopped sinning'.

He stopped the evil He was going to do.

God's Truth

Now that was valuable.

God's Truth

Are you trying to turn this into a calvinism discussion?

My point remains, GT is attributing wickedness to God by saying "He repented of evil," in the context of her saying, "Repent means to turn away from sin or to stop sinning."

God does not sin, nor would he want to sin. Therefore, saying "God was about to sin, but turned away from it," is blaspheming Him.

I quoted scripture and you are trying to interfere every way you can think of to say we don't have to repent of our sins.

You are an enemy of God who tells us many times to repent of our sins.

God's Truth

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God

The madists here don't even get that repent of sins is the FOUNDATION.

God's Truth

When the Bible tells humans to 'repent', it is about our having to stop doing our sins.

Way back in 1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

That is about REPENTING OF SINS.

You say we are only to have a change of heart about God. God says we are to have a change of heart about SIN.

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Job 34:33 Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent? You must decide, not I; so tell me what you know.

What does Job say?

He says to REPENT of evilness.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

That scripture proves God gives understanding to those who obey.

Here, this scripture is going to explain it to you in the simplest form yet.

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Repent of their what?

Repent of their wickedness!

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.