Flat earth proven false

Stuu

I don't know where you live but I've watched the sun as well as the moon get smaller as it rises.

Wazzup with that? :think:
It's an optical illusion due to the way we perceive distance. Try looking at the moon through a tube, and it will appear the same size regardless of where it is in the sky.

But anyway, the flat earth fantasy must have the moon getting bigger as it 'rises', because it would be closer when it is directly overhead.

So you appear to have disproved the flat earth. Well done.

Stuart

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Man Jumps From Space To Earth... https://www.topbuzz.com/article/i65...d=6532958128755968265&gid=6510889122784084490

Round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go-Pro - Fake Curvature
c629dba832e9cd7dcdab9bb4df37b220.jpg

5f28bddbdb9d2ac5c0a17d4c45fa38ca.jpg

e817ed90c6629ca4b5983d97596bde9b.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Cool.

Now look at Sherman's post #48 and tell me where Kansas City is, knowing before hand that it is north of St. Louis and south of Omaha.

And even if one thought Kansas City is too dull to see, they still have St.Louis north of Omaha ha ha ha.
Couldn't help but laugh.

First of all, as someone who has driven to all three of those cities, KC is NOT north of STL. It's slightly north of directly east of STL. And Omaha is NOT north of KC, it's north-northwest of KC.

And what do you mean "they have STL north of Omaha"? The station travels along a near circumpolar route, not equatorial. The cameras are facing (for the most part) forward along the direction they are traveling, meaning sometimes they're facing north, sometimes south.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
First of all, as someone who has driven to all three of those cities, KC is NOT north of STL. It's slightly north of directly east of STL. And Omaha is NOT north of KC, it's north-northwest of KC.

And what do you mean "they have STL north of Omaha"? The station travels along a near circumpolar route, not equatorial. The cameras are facing (for the most part) forward along the direction they are traveling, meaning sometimes they're facing north, sometimes south.

There is no point of perspective in reality that can have St.Louis northeast of Omaha.
Let alone one that would have Kansas City missing from it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope, all one has to do is fall back on the unknown properties of refraction.
Just because something is unknown to you doesn't mean they don't exist. That's called an argument from ignorance, a logical fallacy.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Philosophy and science/mathematics are two completely different subjects. Your argument is a non-sequitur. Do you deny a buddhist's claim that 1+1=3 based on their philosophy or because their math is wrong?

What's that got to do with developing theories based in philosophy?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is no point of perspective in reality that can have St.Louis northeast of Omaha.
Let alone one that would have Kansas City missing from it.

Do you mean cardinal directions? Or relative direction?

If you mean relative direction, just go to Google Maps, center it on Omaha, and rotate the map until STL is in the top right corner of the screen.

I'm still not sure why you're making this argument, though, as as far as I'm aware, no one here has said that STL was NE of Omaha...

What's that got to do with developing theories based in philosophy?

You're (Flat Earthers) the one making the argument that someone's philosophy leads to mistakes in their science, are you not?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Do you mean cardinal directions? Or relative direction?

If you mean relative direction, just go to Google Maps, center it on Omaha, and rotate the map until STL is in the top right corner of the screen.

I'm still not sure why you're making this argument, though, as as far as I'm aware, no one here has said that STL was NE of Omaha...

The point I was making is that it was CGI.

You're (Flat Earthers) the one making the argument that someone's philosophy leads to mistakes in their science, are you not?

My post was in response to RD's denial of it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The point I was making is that it was CGI.

Then the burden of proof is on you to prove such.

My post was in response to RD's denial of it.

And my question was in response to your post. Could you please answer the question:

Do you reject a Buddhist's claim that 1+1=3 based on his philosophy? Or because 1+1 does not equal three?