Fighting fire with fire will burn up the whole of the earth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What happened in the ot is not related to the topic so much as the teachings of the Truth/ Christ.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
The teachings of Jesus would not go against the the teachings of GOD.

Think about the implications of what you are suggesting.
It is as if you are suggesting that the teachings of Jesus can override the teachings of GOD.
If the teaching of Jesus is that those that support building an army and use it to kill every man, woman, and child of a nation are of an immoral character, then He has just judged GOD of an immoral character by commanding Israel to do so.

Not to mention that scripture plainly tells us that GOD is a man of war. Ex 15:3
And Jesus says if you have seen Him, you have seen the Father.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I thanked him for his clarification and agreed that two wrongs don't make right.

So you could not see his whole picture of loving your enemy?

You know Christians joining the military is treated like elephant in the room?

This is what I am talking about. You seem to dismiss all controversial truth.

popsthebuilder

The teachings of Jesus would not go against the the teachings of GOD.

Think about the implications of what you are suggesting.
It is as if you are suggesting that the teachings of Jesus can override the teachings of GOD.
If the teaching of Jesus is that those that support building an army and use it to kill every man, woman, and child of a nation are of an immoral character, then He has just judged GOD of an immoral character by commanding Israel to do so.

Not to mention that scripture plainly tells us that GOD is a man of war. Ex 15:3
And Jesus says if you have seen Him, you have seen the Father.
So you are saying that Jesus didn't come with the truth about the law of GOD?

I Doubt wholly that is your position. The understanding of man changes; GOD doesn't.

Do you think Jesus nulified slavery of man towards man?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So you are saying that Jesus didn't come with the truth about the law of GOD?

I Doubt wholly that is your position. The understanding of man changes; GOD doesn't.

Do you think Jesus nulified slavery of man towards man?

That video is good pops, no matter what you say. I had something good to tell you but I don't know anymore. You're fickle. You could fiend me and I can send a visitor msg instead of PM. I thought you were nice. The music in the video is soft rock. Very soft, not rock n roll or heavy metal. It's a good Christian song.

Gary K

Banned
What does any gain when they recompense evil for evil? How is anything learned? Would it not instill false pride in self to damage, hurt, destroy another?

How many assets, resources, and lives are given up for the sake of the advancement of destruction?

What could it profit any to use such potential/ energy towards peacable means for all creation?

Think not of one's own attainment, but the potential we allow for through our actions for the generations to come and to blossom into.

How does one effect positive change?

Is there not One Way?

You have several problems with scripture in your underlying assumption for the post. That assumption is that all the military is good for is revenge and repaying evil for evil. When the army of the Israel under Saul destroyed the Amalekites was that revenge? Was that a repaying of evil for evil? When Gideon with his army of 300 men destroyed the Midianites who were enslaving the Israelites was that right or wrong, and why? When Abraham armed his servants and destroyed the armies of the 4 kings who had defeated the 5 kings in the battle of the valley of Siddim was that revenge? Was it wrong of Abraham to have done that? David spent most of his life as a warrior leading the armies of Israel. God said David was a man after his own heart. How can that be if your underlying assumption is correct?

popsthebuilder

So you could not see his whole picture of loving your enemy?

You know Christians joining the military is treated like elephant in the room?

This is what I am talking about. You seem to dismiss all controversial truth.
I'm not avoiding anything.

Try being more clear in your points instead of leaving them opened perhaps.

I believe the defenceless need to be defended.

Does that mean I believe in war crimes that kill children? No.

Does that mean I am a war monger? No. I try to be a passivist at heart. But how does one do that with issues relating to defending others? Some sort or defence is needed for those in need.

How does one draw a line between defence and offence? How does one deem who is in genuine need of defence rather that simply being pulled one way or another by propaganda?

What is your point?

popsthebuilder

You have several problems with scripture in your underlying assumption for the post. That assumption is that all the military is good for is revenge and repaying evil for evil. When the army of the Israel under Saul destroyed the Amalekites was that revenge? Was that a repaying of evil for evil? When Gideon with his army of 300 men destroyed the Midianites who were enslaving the Israelites was that right or wrong, and why? When Abraham armed his servants and destroyed the armies of the 4 kings who had defeated the 5 kings in the battle of the valley of Siddim was that revenge? Was it wrong of Abraham to have done that? David spent most of his life as a warrior leading the armies of Israel. God said David was a man after his own heart. How can that be if your underlying assumption is correct?
How is it that everyone wants to jump to conclusions?

I did not even mention the military in my opening post

popsthebuilder

That video is good pops, no matter what you say. I had something good to tell you but I don't know anymore. You're fickle. You could fiend me and I can send a visitor msg instead of PM. I thought you were nice. The music in the video is soft rock. Very soft, not rock n roll or heavy metal. It's a good Christian song.
I'm not fickle friend and cannot judge a vidoe I didn't watch; and have not.

I just prefer not to use links; that's all.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Pops,

Christians engaging in the war is violations of many Jesus' law?

Jesus says His followers are not of the world, and the military and war is politics and of the world.

How can you miss this simple fact?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Pops,

Jesus' followers have responsibility to be a godly Christians.

How can we be a good witnesses when we are fighting at war like the rest of the world?

marhig

Pops,

Christians engaging in the war is violations of many Jesus' law?

Jesus says His followers are not of the world, and the military and war is politics and of the world.

How can you miss this simple fact?
Absolutely, we are here to fight the good fight, and fight with the word of God. Not join in with the military, that belongs to the world. God's people should be turning from violence and bringing the love of God and life of Christ to others.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it will be contentious if you voice controversial topics.

Is that why you avoid clear facts?

I know many Christians do that.

But that's how we water down Jesus' teachings just because you don't want to offend naysayers.

john w

Hall of Fame

But that's how we water down Jesus' teachings just because you don't want to offend naysayers.

Did you have Bybee wacked?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Meshak, why do you persist on declaring yourself the most intelligent poster on TOL? Have you become the 'proverbial elephant in the room?' Also, you continue to watch 'worldly cable television,' why is that? Your behavior is outrageous, egregious, supersillyus, and reprehensible. How dare you present yourself as highly intelligent, well-educated, and superior to others?

marhig

Does it make sense to anyone that we are to love even our enemy?

peace

Hi pops, your title reminds me of a documentary I was watching a couple of weeks ago. It was about firemen fighting forest fires. And before the fire reached the town, the firefighters went and burned away much of the trees etc. around the town, using a controlled fire to protect the town town, before the uncontrolled fire reached it, so they stopped the fire in its tracks once it reached the ground that had be cleared with fire by the firemen.

And I saw that this is like God, his consuming fire consumes sin and his is a controlled fire, this is like the Spirit within our hearts cleansing us and helping us to overcome our sins, just like the firemen cleared the part of the forest away. And then the uncontrolled fire is like the lusts of the flesh controlled by Satan and we can't control them without God, and Satan devours the earth which we are if we haven't got God in our hearts. But because God had cleansed our hearts and changed us, Satan can't devour us, because that old life is dead, so the controlled fire of God keeps the uncontrolled fire of Satan from overcoming us and devouring our house which is our body which is now a temple where the living God dwells.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Did you have Bybee wacked?

Your 'accusation' appears to have some validity. Afterall, what did happen to Bybee? She met with Meshak one day and many years later, she up and vanished off of TOL? That's very mysterious if you ask me. Could it possibly be...

Perhaps we need to ask Meshak about her whereabouts on the day Bybee disappeared? A lie detector may be called for at this juncture? :think:

marhig

Meshak, why do you persist on declaring yourself the most intelligent poster on TOL? Have you become the 'proverbial elephant in the room?' Also, you continue to watch 'worldly cable television,' why is that? Your behavior is outrageous, egregious, supersillyus, and reprehensible. How dare you present yourself as highly intelligent, well-educated, and superior to others?

It doesn't matter how intelligent we are, God gives his people understanding and wisdom and he gives them a mouth to speak.

And it's not watching TV that's a sin, it's what we watch on the TV that can be a sin.