Faith Without Works Is Dead

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Then why do you refuse His teaching in regard to the power of the "word"? He said:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

I said
Why do you refuse the reasoning with the Word?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We do know that before a person could be baptized with water that person must first believe, as witnessed by the following exchange between Philip and the eunuch:

"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:36-37).​

Before the eunuch was baptized with water he received life when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

The eunuch received life and was saved before a drop of water touched him!

The wicked Saducees knew Jesus was the Christ the son of God and that did not make them to be saved.--

Mat 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
Mat 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
Mat 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Mat 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
Mat 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

Jesus gave witness of who He was for over three years and that did not make all the people saved.

Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
Act 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Act 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
Act 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
Act 10:41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Salvation believing is not just knowing who Jesus is.

Simon the sorcerer also believed but he was not saved by it.

Act 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
Act 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Act 8:19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
Act 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
Act 8:21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
Act 8:22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
Act 8:23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And, you (LA) could stop making "Death Predictions" about your fellow posters.

You are the one who keeps bringing that up.

You are baiting people in order to get them banned by the moderators.

It is the action of a wicked person.

Seek truth while it may be found and ask the Lord to write it in your heart.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Then why do you refuse His teaching in regard to the power of the "word"? He said:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

Just because I don't accept your interpretation, that does not mean I don't accept the word.

Jerry Shugart

It is a very simple connection. Paul reasoned with them out of the scriptures. Now look at my verse they fit together like a glove. Paul when I came to you. I didn't use human wisdom but I demonstrated the Spirit.

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

Of course Paul said that because the gospel itself comes in the power of the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5).

So if anyone is correctly preaching the gospel then they are preaching in demonstration of the Spirit.

On the other hand, in order to understand the things in regard to the Bible we are to reason out of the Scriptures. For instance, we are to compare Spiritual things with Spiritual. But you reject the idea that we should use our reason in our efforts to understand what the Bible teaches.

Jerry Shugart

Just because I don't accept your interpretation, that does not mean I don't accept the word.

Then give us your interpretation of the words of the Lord Jesus here:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Then give us your interpretation of the words of the Lord Jesus here:

He is talking about serving Him wholeheartedly. That's the only way to salvation.

Jerry Shugart

The wicked Saducees knew Jesus was the Christ the son of God and that did not make them to be saved.--

Where is your evidence?

Jesus gave witness of who He was for over three years and that did not make all the people saved.

Those who refused to believe who He was would die in their sins, as witnessed by His own words here:

"Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:23-24).​

Simon the sorcerer also believed but he was not saved by it.

Where is your evidence that he was not saved?

Jerry Shugart

He is talking about serving Him wholeheartedly. That's the only way to salvation.

it's funny how you can just ignore the Lord's words when He said that the words which He speaks are spirit and they are life:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

The Lord said nothing about "serving" Him but despite that fact you refuse to believe what He did say. You would rather pervert what He said!

Jerry Shugart

You literally cannot make this stuff up! You are really going to argue that Simon the sorcerer, upon believing, was saved forever after what Peter said to him?!?

I will take what I said about Simon back. This describes the type of believer he was:

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men" (Jn.2:23-24).​

Simon never believed the gospel but instead he believed when he saw the miracles. So he never believed the truth which brings life.

SimpleMan77

I will take what I said about Simon back. This describes the type of believer he was:

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men" (Jn.2:23-24).​

Simon never believed the gospel but instead he believed when he saw the miracles. So he never believed the truth which brings life.

Acts 8:12-13
But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

This makes it sound like he believed the "things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ".

He beheld the signs after believing and being baptized, it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Of course Paul said that because the gospel itself comes in the power of the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5).

So if anyone is correctly preaching the gospel then they are preaching in demonstration of the Spirit.

On the other hand, in order to understand the things in regard to the Bible we are to reason out of the Scriptures. For instance, we are to compare Spiritual things with Spiritual. But you reject the idea that we should use our reason in our efforts to understand what the Bible teaches.

I said
You don't seem to see the difference. The only time anyone can demonstrate the Spirit is when they are quoting the Word. If they are not quoting the scriptures they are speaking carnally.
All churches teach the milk understanding with carnality. If they demonstrated the Spirit by quoting verses over and over the congregation wouldn't know what they were teaching. The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. So the churches are teaching correctly. On one hand they are teaching correctly on the other hand they are not. They don't teach the Holy Spirit, they don't tell the people to go home and read. And find the Holy Spirit within you. Why? Because they don't know the Holy Spirit. They are carnally minded preachers teaching the milk understanding.
The only way one can compare spiritual things with spiritual, is to compare one verse with another verse.

clefty

I said
You don't seem to see the difference. The only time anyone can demonstrate the Spirit is when they are quoting the Word. If they are not quoting the scriptures they are speaking carnally.
All churches teach the milk understanding with carnality. If they demonstrated the Spirit by quoting verses over and over the congregation wouldn't know what they were teaching. The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. So the churches are teaching correctly. On one hand they are teaching correctly on the other hand they are not. They don't teach the Holy Spirit, they don't tell the people to go home and read. And find the Holy Spirit within you. Why? Because they don't know the Holy Spirit. They are carnally minded preachers teaching the milk understanding.
The only way one can compare spiritual things with spiritual, is to compare one verse with another verse.

Even Satan knows the bible, can compare and divide scripture and quote it...and have his tools post walls and walls of text...

and he believes and has faith and knows He is the Son of God...has a relationship with Him...

better to compare fruits...his are of rebellion and disobedience...yours?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Even Satan knows the bible, can compare and divide scripture and quote it...and have his tools post walls and walls of text...

and he believes and has faith and knows He is the Son of God...has a relationship with Him...

better to compare fruits...his are of rebellion and disobedience...yours?

I said
There you go again with that wild imagination. Satan only quotes old testament. Now you prove that satan quotes new testament. Satan doesn't quote new testament if he did his kingdom(old testament)would be divided.

Luke 11:17-20
17 But He, knowing their thoughts, said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and a house divided against a house falls.
18 "If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? Because you say I cast out demons by Beelzebub.
19 "And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges.
20 "But if I cast out demons with the finger of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

Acts 8:12-13
But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

This makes it sound like he believed the "things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ".

The passage you quote speaks of Simon's fascination with the miracles whichhe saw so I remain convinced that the following verse describes Simon:

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men"
(Jn.2:23-24).​

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
John 2:20-25
20 Then the Jews said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"
21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.
22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.
23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.
24 But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men,
25 and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.
(NKJ)