Faith Without Works Is Dead

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith Without Works Is Dead.
Luke 24:25
25 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
1 Pet 2:15
15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men--
James 2:20
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
1 Cor 1:20-21
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1 Cor 1:26-27
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
2 Tim 2:23-24
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
Titus 3:9
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
Titus 3:3-6
3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.
4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
Matt 7:24-27
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 "Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
(NKJ)
xxx Faith without works is dead. Works prove your faith. True faith desires to prove it. Faith without works are the 5 virgins with empty lamps.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Matt 25:1-13
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
13 "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

Faith without works is dead. Works prove your faith. True faith desires to prove it. Faith without works are the 5 virgins with empty lamps.

The LORD knows if you have faith or not and does not need to see any man's good works in order to know if a man has faith. And the verses which you quote from the book of James is speaking about what one man mayknow about another man's faith:

" Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works" (Jms.1:18).

So in one man's view if another person shows no good works then his faith is dead.

Earlier in the same book James makes it plain that a person issaved apart from works:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jms.1:18).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The LORD knows if you have faith or not and does not need to see any man's good works in order to know if a man has faith. And the verses which you quote from the book of James is speaking about what one man mayknow about another man's faith:

" Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works" (Jms.1:18).

So in one man's view if another person shows no good works then his faith is dead.

Earlier in the same book James makes it plain that a person issaved apart from works:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jms.1:18).

I said
You really seems to be missing or eliminating the fulfillment of an idea. Faith. Even the father of faith, Abraham had to prove his faith by offering Isaac.

James 1:22-24
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
(NKJ)

James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
(NKJ)

James 2:21-24
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

You really seems to be missing or eliminating the fulfillment of an idea. Faith. Even the father of faith, Abraham had to prove his faith by offering Isaac.

Are you under the illusion that the LORD does not know the heart of man and He doesn't know if a person has faith or not?

Let us look at this verse:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24; NIV).

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

In The Blue Letter Bible we read the following meaning of the present tense:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

Therefore, John 5:24 is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occuring in actual time."

Those who believed did not have to do anything to prove that they had faith because they received eternal life the moment when they believed.

As I said, the verses which you quoted from James are speaking of what a man might know about another man's faith and in order to know if a man had faith the other man must see good works. And James makes it plain that salvation comes as a result of believing:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Not to mention that the book of James pertained to the twelve scattered tribes of Israel.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Are you under the illusion that the LORD does not know the heart of man and He doesn't know if a person has faith or not?

Let us look at this verse:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24; NIV).

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

In The Blue Letter Bible we read the following meaning of the present tense:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

Therefore, John 5:24 is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occuring in actual time."

Those who believed did not have to do anything to prove that they had faith because they received eternal life the moment when they believed.

As I said, the verses which you quoted from James are speaking of what a man might know about another man's faith and in order to know if a man had faith the other man must see good works. And James makes it plain that salvation comes as a result of believing:

I said
You see even the Holy Spirit is trying to teach you something. In John 5-24 the Holy Spirit is asking you do you hear the Word in Jam??? If you don't you don't have eternal life yet. Faith is dead without works.

John 5:24
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
(NKJ)

James 2:17-26
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-- and tremble!
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not to mention that the book of James pertained to the twelve scattered tribes of Israel.

I said
You have proven you don't believe. The whole new testament is for each one of us. One who picks and chooses which parts they prefer will be disqualified for salvation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I said
You have proven you don't believe. The whole new testament is for each one of us. One who picks and chooses which parts they prefer will be disqualified for salvation.

Well, again you have proven yourself wrong. You MUST learn to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God. Otherwise, I fear, you'll remain in ignorance and confusion.

James himself tells us who he's speaking to in James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well, again you have proven yourself wrong. You MUST learn to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God. Otherwise, I fear, you'll remain in ignorance and confusion.

James himself tells us who he's speaking to in James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting."

I said
You really don't understand what you read do you. Look at verse 2, My brethren, all believers in Christ.

James 1:1-2

1 James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
(NKJ)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I said
You see even the Holy Spirit is trying to teach you something. In John 5-24 the Holy Spirit is asking you do you hear the Word in Jam??? If you don't you don't have eternal life yet. Faith is dead without works.

John 5:24
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
(NKJ)

James 2:17-26
19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-- and tremble!
25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
(NKJ)

All of those verses aren't speaking to the Body of Christ, The Church. Yikes! Squeakster, start reading/studying the writings of the Apostle Paul. Romans through Philemon. Stop trying to make yourself look less ignorant than you are. You're embarrassing yourself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I said
You really don't understand what you read do you. Look at verse 2, My brethren, all believers in Christ.

James 1:1-2

1 James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
(NKJ)

It looks as if you wish to remain in ignorance and confusion. Some folks feel more comfortable that way.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
All of those verses aren't speaking to the Body of Christ, The Church. Yikes! Squeakster, start reading/studying the writings of the Apostle Paul. Romans through Philemon. Stop trying to make yourself look less ignorant than you are. You're embarrassing yourself.

I said
lolol This Christianity stuff goes right over your head doesn't it. That is why you need the Holy Spirit . Your delusional.

Jerry Shugart

I said

You obviously cannot even understand what the Lord Jesus said at John 5:24.

And instead of believing you when you say that no one is saved apart from works I will believe the words of Paul and those with him when he answered in the following way:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

Jerry Shugart

This is so convenient version to get people to attend your church or you group.

This is popular and root of corruption of Christianity.

Do you believe that Paul and those with him were corrupting Christianity when they made it plain that faith is all that is needed to be saved?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).