Faith Without Works Is Dead

Jerry Shugart

Faith Without Works is Dead.

Indeed, faith without works aka the Law aka obedience is akin to a body without its breath of life. Dead to say it in a word. (James 2:26)

You say that you believe what is written in the OT. Anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment knows that the faith of Abraham, which was apart from works, was not dead:

"And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Gen.1:16).

Jerry Shugart

"Faith without deeds is dead" is so simple and clear. Why do you have the need to have twist verses out of context?

I have already explained that verse and what it means. Just go back and read what I said.

And of course you just close your eyes to the answer given by Paul and those with him here:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).

You must think that you know more about salvation than did Paul.

What an ego!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
well, i don't think anybody here believes your silly story about being "in the meat"

most people here see it as a convenient excuse for you to claim superiority while being unable to demonstrate any true superiority

I said
lolol Well its obvious you have no idea of what the meat understanding is. Which places you in the milk and just guessing. Maybe you should go find the children section. Even Paul told you that he only fed you with milk because your not able to handle the meat.

1 Cor 3:2-3
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
(KJV)

Let me give you a little advice. While your in the milk don't fight against anyone in the meat. You could loose what little you have.

Luke 8:18
18 "Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have already explained that verse and what it means. Just go back and read what I said.

And of course you just close your eyes to the answer given by Paul and those with him here:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

What an ego!

I said
Have you learned the difference between saved and salvation yet?

Jerry Shugart

I never said one is not saved. I said faith is dead without works. If you want salvation you will have to have works. Saved and salvation are different.

If a person is saved they possess salvation. And here is how Paul said that a person is saved:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
well, i don't think anybody here believes your silly story about being "in the meat"

most people here see it as a convenient excuse for you to claim superiority while being unable to demonstrate any true superiority

squeaky provides a demonstration:
I said
lolol Well its obvious you have no idea of what the meat understanding is. Which places you in the milk and just guessing. Maybe you should go find the children section.

yeah - like that

you're a fraud squeaky

not a Christian

meshak

BANNED
Banned

What an ego!

You seem to put Paul in a pedestal instead of Jesus. Jesus did not miss anything to teach us what to practice.

Jerry Shugart

As such, the Hebrew Epistles (Hebrews-Jude) will have a profound importance and significance to Israel during the Tribulation.
With this in mind, they provide valuable information for the Body of Christ, as the Body is a separate entity from National Israel.

No, the believing Jewswho lived in the first centurycalled on the name of the Lord Jesus so therefore, this epistle is addressed to them:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's"
(1 Cor.1:2).

And here is what Paul told those who in every place call on the name of the Lord Jesus:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).

Cornelius Stam, the founder of the Berean Bible Society, wrote the following commentary on 1 Corinthians 1:2:

"There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ. In I Corinthians 1:2, Paul addresses his letter to the Corinthian church, 'with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs [those in every place] and ours [those with Paul].' And he says to 'all' these believers 'in every place': 'For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles' (I Cor. 12:13). How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?"
(Cornelius Stam, Commentary on Galatians [Stevens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1998], 198).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
squeaky provides a demonstration:

yeah - like that

you're a fraud squeaky

not a Christian

I said
lol I put you two revelations all about the milk understanding and the meat understanding. I suggest you go read them before you let anymore of your emotions speak for you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No, the believing Jewswho lived in the first centurycalled on the name of the Lord Jesus so therefore, this epistle is addressed to them:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's"
(1 Cor.1:2).

And here is what Paul told those who in every place call on the name of the Lord Jesus:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).

Cornelius Stam, the founder of the Berean Bible Society, wrote the following commentary on 1 Corinthians 1:2:

"There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ. In I Corinthians 1:2, Paul addresses his letter to the Corinthian church, 'with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs [those in every place] and ours [those with Paul].' And he says to 'all' these believers 'in every place': 'For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles' (I Cor. 12:13). How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?"
(Cornelius Stam, Commentary on Galatians [Stevens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1998], 198).

I said
I think your a little delusional. The Word of God is for all and to all.

Jerry Shugart

Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

So you think that Paul was wrong when he said that in order to be saved one must only believe?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

It is obvious that Cornelius was saved before he was baptized with water:

"While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord" (Acts 10:44-48).

Of course they were saved when the Holy Spirit fell on them and they began to speak in tongues. And that was before they were baptized with water!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I said
lol I put you two revelations all about the milk understanding and the meat understanding. I suggest you go read them before you let anymore of your emotions speak for you.

yeah - we've all seen your silly "revelations" before

no thanks, satan :wave2:

Jerry Shugart

I said
I think your a little delusional. The Word of God is for all and to all.

How many times will you run and hide from what is written here?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So you think that Paul was wrong when he said that in order to be saved one must only believe?:

It is obvious that Cornelius was saved before he was baptized with water:

"While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord" (Acts 10:44-48).

Of course they were saved when the Holy Spirit fell on them and they began to speak in tongues. And that was before they were baptized with water!

I said
Then they were told to work out there salvation.

Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How many times will you run and hide from what is written here?:

I said
Now many times will you run and hide from the next step. Now that your saved its time to work out your salvation.

Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

You seem to put Paul in a pedestal instead of Jesus.

Just admit that you think that the answer which Paul gave here is in error:

Jesus did not miss anything to teach us what to practice.

You are the one who obviously missed what the Lord Jesus said here:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24; NIV).

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

In The Blue Letter Bible we read the following meaning of the present tense:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

Therefore, John 5:24 is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occuring in actual time."

Next you will assert that you know more than the Lord and Savior!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
yeah - we've all seen your silly "revelations" before

no thanks, satan :wave2:

I said
Your calling Jesus silly? Man teaches the milk understanding. The Holy Spirit teaches the meat understanding.

Gal 1:11-12
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)