beloved57

Complete in Him the Head !

Complete in Him the Head !

Col 2:10

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

The word complete plēroō means:

C.to carry into effect, bring to realisation, realise

i.of matters of duty: to perform, execute

iii.to fulfil, i.e. to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfilment

Now for this to be True, the believer, before he or she believed, was first made a believer by Christ or in Christ their head, All that the Law required of a man, like what Solomon wrote Ecc 12:13

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Christ has fulfilled the same for him, if indeed He acted in their behalf as a Surety, hence Christ for them caused God's Will, as it is made known in His Law, to be obeyed as it should be ! This entails such obedience to God as the First Commandment, which commands Love to God; Remember Jesus words here in reply to the young lawyer Matt 22:35-40

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Please notice Vs 37, thats what God requires of man, and Christ has obeyed it for the Believer, and that this obedience implies Faith is seen when we compare these Two passages of scripture, Love to God is to be done in obedience to the Law Lk 11:42

42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone !

Now in Matthews version of the same it reads Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

As we can see Faith and Love to God are used interchangeably as that which ought to have been done as a weightier matter of the Law of God !

Christ fulfilled the Law for those He Lived and died for, so He would have fulfilled Love to God and or Faith in God as that which ought to have been done.

Similar, Micah says it like this, what is required of man Micah 6:8

8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Christ Fulfilled this requirement in our stead if He was our Surety !

beloved57

Complete in Him the Head ! 2

Complete in Him the Head ! 2

Taking up from Micah 6:8

8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

That word require means that its a demand, One Translation captures the sense of the word here :

Human being, you have already been told
what is good, what Adonai demands of you
no more than to act justly, love grace
and walk in purity with your God.CJB

And what is demaned/ required here in this verse of man/adam ? Micah 6:8

And how is that to be done ? To walk humbly with thy God ? One way scripture states is to walk by Faith, for that pleases God ! Remember Enoch, it is written that he walked with God Gen 5:24

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

And the writer of hebrews informs us it was by Faith Heb 11:5,6

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

That same word pleased in Vs 5 is used in Vs 6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

So thats how Enoch walked with God in a pleasing manner, walking by Faith, thats how man humbly walks with God as required Micah 6:8

Which keeps the Law Matt 23:23; Lk 11:42, which Law Christ has already fulfilled for us as our Surety before God, which makes us complete in Christ, even before we believed !

Christ , before we believed, pleased God for us, Heb 11:6 does apply to Him as a Man, when here on earth Heb 5:7-8

7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Certainly when He offered up prayers, He prayed in Faith James 5:15

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

So in Him, we were made complete, even people of Faith, else it could not have been said this Col 2:10

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Neither would it be True that He for us has fulfilled and obeyed God's Law for us !

beloved57

The Faith of Jesus Christ !

The Faith of Jesus Christ !

It is written, that the doers of the Law shall be Justified [before God] Rom 2:13

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

And since the Lord Jesus Christ as a Covenant Head, like Adam, did actually keep/do the Law in its entirety for those He was a Surety for, those He both Lived and died for, Note: Christ could not have died for us unless He also Lived for us as a substitute;

Now they in the Just reckoning of God, since He is their Surety Head, reckons them as doers of the Law, and therefore Justified as such, according to the promise of the text Rom 2:13, hence they are Justified by the Faith of Jesus Christ Gal 2:16

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law [in himself], but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

This scripture along with many others proves that while Christ lived on earth as a Second Adam, A Surety Head, that He in that capacity did what adam could not do in the flesh being too weak Rom 8:3, He obeyed God's Law perfectly for them, lived by Faith for them ! How do we know that ? Its simple, because without Faith it is impossble to please God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Jesus had Faith in the Reward of His Covenantal engagement with God the Father, that once He Lived in Obedience to the Law, and layed down His Life for the People given to Him by the Father, and He to them as a Covenant Isa 42:6, that He would be raised from the dead, for in Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

That Joy set before Him was to be post after His death, after His resurrection, thats because He believed God His Father Jn 10:17-18

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Remember David speaking as a Type of Christ Ps 16:9-11

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

No doubt that Joy in Vs 11 is referring to that Joy He looked forward to as a Man of Faith Heb 12:2 ! Also see Acts 2:31-32 !

This si to prove that as a Surety, the Man Christ had Faith in the Word of Promise to Him, as the Surety of the People, so His Faith is theirs, the Faith of Jesus Christ Gal 2:16 !

beloved57

Christ is the author of the Believers Faith !

Christ is the author of the Believers Faith !

Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.AMP

The word incentive here is very helpful to understand the Truth here being presented, it means:

a motivating influence; stimulus

looking away to the Initiator and Completer of that trusting, Yeshua — who, in exchange for obtaining the joy set before him, endured execution on a stake as a criminal, scorning the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.CJB

The word initiator is enlightening, meaning:

To set going by taking the first step; begin

The believers life of faith began in Christ Jesus, when He for them kept the Law. Its just like the believers life of sin began in Adam when he disobyed the Law God gave him !

That Faith which we began to have in Christ our Head is communicated to us in new birth, just as unbelief and sinfulness we began to have in adam was communicated to us in our natural birth, for neither our life of faithlessness or Faith began in ourselves !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Glad to see you are having a conversation with yourself. It will keep you out of trouble.

Nanja

Glad to see you are having a conversation with yourself. It will keep you out of trouble.

You the one who's in trouble big time!

Mat. 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (v.22) Many will say to me in that day,
Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils?
and in thy name done many wonderful works? (v.23) And then will I profess unto them,
I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

~~~~~

beloved57

Christ is the author of the Believers Faith ! 2

Christ is the author of the Believers Faith ! 2

The Faith and Trust that Christ had in God in His Covenant engagments for us Heb 2:13

13 And again, I[Christ the Covenant Head] will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children[Christ Members] which God hath given me.

This word Trust is the greek word peithō and means:

persuade
  1. to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe
be persuaded
  1. to listen to, obey, yield to, comply with
Its translated believed here Acts 17:4

And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Acts 27:11

Nevertheless the centurion believed the master and the owner of the ship, more than those things which were spoken by Paul.

Acts 28:23-24

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

In fact the word Faith as in Eph 2:8 is the greek word pistis and it is from the same verb peithō , so peitho is the parent of Faith !

And Christ speaking as the Covenant Head swaers that He as the Head shall put His Faith/Trust in Him [God] and the Children [His Members] given to Him !

The Faith we have in God in Christ He gives it to us, as He is the Head and Mediator of the Covenant, and so the Faith of the Head becomes the Faith of His Members.

When we believe in time as per Jn 3:16, it only reveals that we had believed in our Head before our time, just like when we sinned in time it revealed we had sinned in our head adam before our time.

It also reveals that we by Him have obeyed Gods Law in the Most God Gloryfying way it could have been, so it is written Isa 42:21

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable

Christ did this not as a private individual, but as a Covenant Head and Represenative !

So those who never believe and die in their sins Jn 8:24;3:18,36 means that Christ never believed for them. never obeyed Gods Law for them, so consequently they remain under the curse and condemnation of the Law, and cannot believe, for they were never His Sheep, His Children Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you

If they would have been His Sheep, they would have to believe because He already has Believed/Trusted for them Heb 2:13 !

beloved57

Christ is the author of the Believers Faith ! 3

Christ is the author of the Believers Faith ! 3

Ye must be born again ! Jn 3:6-7

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

This is True for everyone Christ lived and died for, His Sheep, because it is through New Birth of the Spirit Christ's Faith is communicated to them !

Again the comparison is as with Adam, as the Elect had Adam as their natural Head and sinned in him, disobeyed in him, believed not in him Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

As a evidence of their oneness with adam in his disobedience Rom 5:19a

For as by one man's disobedience/unbelief many were made sinners/unbelievers, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now as evidence of this fact, that they were one of the many made sinners/unbelievers, they are born physically of the flesh as sinners and unbelievers confirming their identification in adams sin !

So likewise, as an evidence of their oneness with Christ their Spiritual Head by Election in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4, and having obeyed in Him, having Trusted/believed in Him Heb 2:13

13 And again,I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Now as evidence of this fact they are born again Spiritually and become believers/Trusters confirming their Identification in Christ's Obedience/ Faith !

They were given a nature of the flesh to identify with their natural head, and they are given a nature by or of the Spirit in newbirth to identidy with their Spiritual head !

Christ's Faith is communicated by His Spirit, when we are born again of the Spirit, which proves that we belonged to Christ Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So Christ's Sheep must be born again of the Spirit and they must believe ! If one never believes, they were not Christ's Sheep that Christ Lived and died for Jn 10:26 !

A matter of fact, if anyone Christ lived and died for goes to hell in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24, it would be like saying a Believer has went to hell for their sins in unbelief ! See what a contradiction that would be ? thats because, even when they are unbelievers while in the flesh, they are or had been made believers already in their union with Christ when He believed for them !

beloved57

Christ's Sheep must Believe and Why !

Christ's Sheep must Believe and Why !

Jesus said this Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jesus here means by this, that He had other Sheep besides those He had in the jews, that He had Gentile Sheep too !

The key word here is Have Jesus says He has them ! The word have is the word echō and means:

1. to have, i.e. to hold
    1. to have (hold) in the hand, in the sense of wearing, to have (hold) possession of the mind (refers to alarm, agitating emotions, etc.), to hold fast keep, to have or comprise or involve, to regard or consider or hold as
  2. to have i.e. own, possess
Notice that it means not only to possess, but to own !

And such that He owns and possess shall hear His Voice and believe, because faith cometh by hearing the voice of Christ Rom 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Some Translations read:

So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).

So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

They shall hear Christ's voice through the Preaching of His servants as they Preach about Christ !

Now , concerning our text, even though Christ own and possed Sheep, they had yet to believe, however by the simple fact that they were His Sheep that He owned/possed they must believe; and heres why:

Those who belong to Christ, as a token or seal of His ownership of them, His Spirit is given to them, to mark them as His, and to reveal them as His, and so we read in Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Now of course even the Sheep before New Birth dont have the Spirit of Christ experimentally, however thats why they must be born again, to show that they are Christ's Sheep, that they belong to Him !

Now this means that if a person never receives the Spirit of Christ, then they were never of His Sheep that He owned and Possed. Now understand, Christs Sheep were His Sheep before they believed and received the Spirit, but there was no evidence of them being owned by Christ and being His Sheep until they believe !

Its just not possible for anyone of Christ's Sheep to live and die without the mark of ownership [The Spirit], which is His Spirit Rom 8:9, and upon believing He seals them as Christ's Sheep Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard[Jn 10:16] the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Now the word sealed is the greek word sphragizō and means:

sphragízō (from 4973 /sphragís, "a seal") – properly, to seal (affix) with a signet ring or other instrument to stamp (a roller or seal), i.e. to attest ownership, authorizing (validating) what is sealed.

sphragízō ("to seal") signifies ownership and the full security carried by the backing (full authority) of the owner. "Sealing" in the ancient world served as a "legal signature" which guaranteed the promise (contents) of what was sealed.

The Holy Spirit is Christ's signature attesting to the Sheep being His.

Now where they His Sheep before the attesting of the Spirit ? Yes, we know this because He said, other Sheep I have that are not of this fold and they shall hear my voice Jn 10:16.

And of course they seal is applied after believing, which is the Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

The Spirit gives us Faith to believe because we belonged to Christ, and because of that we must spiritually hear His voice and Believe as Promised Jn 10:16 !

Nanja

It is written, that the doers of the Law shall be Justified [before God] Rom 2:13

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

And since the Lord Jesus Christ as a Covenant Head, like Adam, did actually keep/do the Law in its entirety for those He was a Surety for, those He both Lived and died for, Note: Christ could not have died for us unless He also Lived for us as a substitute;

Now they in the Just reckoning of God, since He is their Surety Head, reckons them as doers of the Law, and therefore Justified as such, according to the promise of the text Rom 2:13, hence they are Justified by the Faith of Jesus Christ Gal 2:16

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law [in himself], but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

This scripture along with many others proves that while Christ lived on earth as a Second Adam, A Surety Head, that He in that capacity did what adam could not do in the flesh being too weak Rom 8:3, He obeyed God's Law perfectly for them, lived by Faith for them ! How do we know that ? Its simple, because without Faith it is impossble to please God Heb 11:6

Jesus had Faith in the Reward of His Covenantal engagement with God the Father, that once He Lived in Obedience to the Law, and layed down His Life for the People given to Him by the Father, and He to them as a Covenant Isa 42:6, that He would be raised from the dead, for in Heb 12:2

That Joy set before Him was to be post after His death, after His resurrection, thats because He believed God His Father Jn 10:17-18

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Remember David speaking as a Type of Christ Ps 16:9-11

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

No doubt that Joy in Vs 11 is referring to that Joy He looked forward to as a Man of Faith Heb 12:2 ! Also see Acts 2:31-32 !

This si to prove that as a Surety, the Man Christ had Faith in the Word of Promise to Him, as the Surety of the People, so His Faith is theirs, the Faith of Jesus Christ Gal 2:16 !

Those scriptures bear proof, indeed! Those of us whom Christ was made a Surety for,
we are made Righteous by His Perfect Obedience to all that God commands Rom. 5:19,
and that includes Faith / Believing.

We are Righteous soley by Christ's obedience on our behalf:
we do all the Law / keep all God's Commandments perfectly in Christ Col. 2:10!

~~~~~

beloved57

Those scriptures bear proof, indeed! Those of us whom Christ was made a Surety for,
we are made Righteous by His Perfect Obedience to all that God commands Rom. 5:19,
and that includes Faith / Believing.

We are Righteous soley by Christ's obedience on our behalf:
we do all the Law / keep all God's Commandments perfectly in Christ
Col. 2:10!

~~~~~

God has blessed you to be able to receive these Gospel Truths !

Nanja

God has blessed you to be able to receive these Gospel Truths !

Praise Him! And a very great blessing it is!

All those Christ died for shall come to believe the Truth
as a result of the Spirit's Sanctifying Work in them.

2 Thes. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you,
brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning
chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth
:

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Praise Him! And a very great blessing it is!

All those Christ died for shall come to believe the Truth
as a result of the Spirit's Sanctifying Work in them.

2 Thes. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you,
brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning
chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth
:

~~~~~

And who are those that Christ died for?