Faith to believe on Christ !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, however the Holy Spirit inspired Paul and John to write specifically certain ones, and you evaded that!

John wrote of these;

John 3:16 Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

beloved57

John wrote of these;

John 3:16 Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

I have no problem with what John wrote! You don't believe or understand what John wrote it the issue here!

beloved57

A dead man cannot believe on Christ !

A dead man cannot believe on Christ !

A dead man cannot believe on Christ ! Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

A spiritually dead sinner cannot and will not believe on Christ unto Salvation, because Faith in Christ is a spiritually vital act, from communicated or quickened Life; before man can believe, he must be given by the Spirit of God, a heart to perceive, eyes to see, ears to hear, that which ot natural israel lacked because God withheld it Deut 29:4

4 Yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

Without giving spiritual eyes to see we cannot believe like Jesus says here Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Believing is the result of seeing first ! I agree with John Gill here :

That everyone which seeth the Son, and believeth on him; who so sees him as to believe in him; for this is not to be understood of a corporeal sight of Christ, or of a mere speculative knowledge of him, or historical faith in him; for it is not so to see him, as merely to believe what he is, the Son of God, the Messiah and Saviour of the world, or what he says, but to trust in him for righteousness, life, and happiness. Men are by nature blind, their eyes are shut to all that is spiritually good; it is the Spirit of God that opens blind eyes, and illuminates the understanding:

Without ears to hear, how can Faith cometh by hearing as stated by Paul here Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Without these things Spiritually, man is disqualified to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Who does Paul Thank for their Faith ?

Who does Paul Thank for their Faith ?

Who does Paul Thank for the Faith of these believers in Rome ? Rom 1:8

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Who does Paul Thank for Grace that was given the Corinthian Believers ? 1 Cor 1:4-7

4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Whose does Paul Thank for the Faith of the Ephesian believers ? Eph 1:3,15-17

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Paul heard of their Faith because the God and Father of their Lord Jesus Christ had blessed them with all spiritual blessings !

Faith is merely one of many spiritual blessings, its a fruit of Christ's Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Faith and Faithfulness are the same ! Paul could have very well said :

Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faithfulness in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

beloved57

Man by nature has a Faith no doubt, but it is of the flesh John 3:6 , and so it is a dead faith James 2:26 it is from a spiritually dead person without the life of God!

beloved57

Believers first believed when Christ believed for them !

Believers first believed when Christ believed for them !

This is a Mystery of the Faith, that Faith in Christ is a result of Christ having already believed in God for us by and in His Obedience to Gods Law on our behalf, if He indeed lived and died for us, and here's why this is True ! When the Lord Jesus Christ was here on earth, having been made under the Law Gal 4:4

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

He then satisfied for them all of Gods Law Commands, He obeyed for them, all the Commandments God required for man to enter into Life, as it was told the Rich young ruler when he asked this:

Matt 19:16

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

And Jesus replied :

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Jesus is not lying here, If a person will enter into Life, or into eternal life, they must perfectly keep the Commandments !

Jesus states a couple of the Commandments to be kept here Matt 19:18-19

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Now there is One Commandment Jesus did not mention here, but its greater than all the Ones He does mention, and its this one Matt 22:36-39

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Notice, He mentioned the second most important commandment, but not the first one, but in order to enter into Eternal Life, man must also keep the First and Great Commandment which is:

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Now when Jesus was made under the Law, He kept this Commandment for them, they for whom He was made under the Law for, by Him, have Kept, obeyed this First Commandment, along with the second and all the rest, just as God has required ! Now heres the question, when Jesus kept the First Commandment for them He lived and died for, did He have Faith in God ? Would Loving God with all our Heart, Soul, and Mind require Faith in Him ? Could Jesus have obeyed this Commandment without Faith and Belief in God, Yes or No ?

Could Jesus have perfectly Loved God without Faith in Him ? If one can understand that to Love God as required as the First and Great Commandment , that it took Faith in God, for Faith worketh by Love, then they can understand how Christ has already believed in the God of their Salvation for them, the requirement for Faith and Love to God has been met, fulfilled by Christ for them, so through His Obedience alone they are constituted them that Love God Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

All for whom Christ Lived and died under the Law for Love God ! They Love God first and for most because Christ for them has obeyed the First and Greatest Commandment which is :

Matt 22:37-38

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

If Christ kept the Law for us, He has fulfilled that Law /Commandment requirement for us Perfectly and has on our behalf obtained Enter Life for us !

Rev 22:14

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

beloved57

Believers first believed when Christ believed for them ! 2

Believers first believed when Christ believed for them ! 2

This spiritual concept[ idea or understanding ] of Believers having First believed in and by Christ before they believe in time, it is confirmed by the Truth of Representation which the scripture teaches, and its no more strange to say that believers first believed in and by Christ as it is to say that they first sinned or disobeyed in and by Adam, and just as all whom Adam first represented sinned in him before they actually sinned in time, So likewise all whom Christ represented when He believed in God in Keeping the Law, they obey God in Faith in time !

Thats why Jesus said Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

His Trust in God would be theirs also ! That word Trust, the greek word peithó and means:

I persuade, urge. and :

peíthō(the root of 4102 /pístis, "faith") – to persuade; (passive) be persuaded of what is trustworthy.

The Lord persuades the yielded believer to be confident in His preferred-will (Gal 5:10; 2 Tim 1:12). 3982 (peíthō) involves "obedience, but it is properly the result of (God's) persuasion

The word is equivalent to Faith, So Christ's Faith/Trust in Him, was theirs also, this cannot be denied,

So believers first believed/Trusted when Christ Trusted/ Believed for them !

So in fact, everyone Christ Lived and died for are believers, even when they are unbelievers while in a unconverted state, so they can never die in Unbelief and their sins as these Jn 8:24 !

Nanja

This spiritual concept[ idea or understanding ] of Believers having First believed in and by Christ before they believe in time, it is confirmed by the Truth of Representation which the scripture teaches, and its no more strange to say that believers first believed in and by Christ as it is to say that they first sinned or disobeyed in and by Adam, and just as all whom Adam first represented sinned in him before they actually sinned in time, So likewise all whom Christ represented when He believed in God in Keeping the Law, they obey God in Faith in time !

Thats why Jesus said Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

His Trust in God would be theirs also ! That word Trust, the greek word peithó and means:

I persuade, urge. and :

peíthō(the root of 4102 /pístis, "faith") – to persuade; (passive) be persuaded of what is trustworthy.

The Lord persuades the yielded believer to be confident in His preferred-will (Gal 5:10; 2 Tim 1:12). 3982 (peíthō) involves "obedience, but it is properly the result of (God's) persuasion

The word is equivalent to Faith, So Christ's Faith/Trust in Him, was theirs also, this cannot be denied,

So believers first believed/Trusted when Christ Trusted/ Believed for them !

So in fact, everyone Christ Lived and died for are believers, even when they are unbelievers while in a unconverted state, so they can never die in Unbelief and their sins as these Jn 8:24 !

Amen to this 2-part study!

Christ Jesus as Head and Surety Heb. 7:22 for all the Elect chosen in Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4-5,
had Eternal Life in Him John 1:4; 1 John 1:1-2 before time, and were spiritually in Him when He came to Earth.
So His Perfect Obedience fulfilled all the Law on their behalf, even the First and Greatest Commandment Mat. 22:37-38.
Christ's Belief/ Trust was also theirs, which comprises all the Elect Seed, chosen out of all humanity, and given to Christ John 17:2, 11. The same are made Complete in Him Col. 2:10 through His Perfect Life and death Phil. 2:8 for them.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen to this 2-part study!

Christ Jesus as Head and Surety Heb. 7:22 for all the Elect chosen in Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4-5,
had Eternal Life in Him John 1:4; 1 John 1:1-2 before time, and were spiritually in Him when He came to Earth.
So His Perfect Obedience fulfilled all the Law on their behalf, even the First and Greatest Commandment Mat. 22:37-38.
Christ's Belief/ Trust was also theirs, which comprises all the Elect Seed, chosen out of all humanity, and given to Christ John 17:2, 11. The same are made Complete in Him Col. 2:10 through His Perfect Life and death Phil. 2:8 for them.

~~~~~

Amen, you have learned well, Praise Him for opening up your heart to these things!

Cedarbay

June 4 – LD 23, Day 1: The Profit of Faith

By Hanko, Herman

Read: Romans 4:1-12

It is quite clear why our teacher who instructs us in the truth of Scripture, should now ask this important question: What is the profit of your faith?

We have been instructed in all the truths that God has revealed in His word. We have been told that these truths are the objects of our faith. We have repeatedly recited our lessons.

“I believe in God the Father.”
“I believe in His only begotten Son.”
“I believe in all the work that Christ did from His birth to His exaltation and will do until His second coming.”
“I believe in the Holy Ghost.”
“I believe in a holy catholic church.”
“I believe in the resurrection of the body.”
“I believe in the forgiveness of sins.”
“I believe in life eternal.”

Now: what profit is there in the fact that we believe all these things? That is a good question.

The answer of the teacher in our classroom is quite surprising. He could have said: Faith makes all these truths our own possession and experience. He could have said: The profit is that God is our Father. Christ is our Savior. Christ died for us. Christ is our Lord in heaven. We are members of the church of Christ. Oour sins are forgiven. We shall inherit eternal life.

`But our teacher does not do that. Rather, he chooses to point us to one truth, which, if true, makes all the other truths ours as well. If we are righteous, we possess all the other blessings of salvation as well.

It is like a man in prison for an enormous debt, which he cannot pay. He is there until the debt is paid. But someone comes along and pays the entire debt. He can then be released from prison and enjoy all the blessings of freedom with his wife and children, his friends and relatives, and in God’s creation. But the important thing is that he is legally declared to have no debt.

And so our teacher points out to us what a wonderful power faith is. Faith believes “that we are righteous in Christ, before God.” When faith can and does believe that, then faith can also believe everything else. But to be righteous is first.

So our teacher takess great pains to point out several things about this “profit” of faith.

First, we are righteous in Christ.

Second, we are righteous before God.

Third, we come to the knowledge of our righteousness only by faith.

Fourth, this means that we do not come to our righteousness by our works.

Fifth, we do not even come to the knowledge of our righteousness because of the worthiness of our faith.

Sixth, we become righteous by faith in Christ. The only way we possess that righteousness approved of God is to appropriate by faith the righteousness of Christ.

(from the website: prca.org)

Nanja

A dead man cannot believe on Christ ! Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

A spiritually dead sinner cannot and will not believe on Christ unto Salvation, because Faith in Christ is a spiritually vital act, from communicated or quickened Life; before man can believe, he must be given by the Spirit of God, a heart to perceive, eyes to see, ears to hear, that which ot natural israel lacked because God withheld it Deut 29:4

4 Yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

Without giving spiritual eyes to see we cannot believe like Jesus says here Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Believing is the result of seeing first ! I agree with John Gill here :

That everyone which seeth the Son, and believeth on him; who so sees him as to believe in him; for this is not to be understood of a corporeal sight of Christ, or of a mere speculative knowledge of him, or historical faith in him; for it is not so to see him, as merely to believe what he is, the Son of God, the Messiah and Saviour of the world, or what he says, but to trust in him for righteousness, life, and happiness. Men are by nature blind, their eyes are shut to all that is spiritually good; it is the Spirit of God that opens blind eyes, and illuminates the understanding:

Without ears to hear, how can Faith cometh by hearing as stated by Paul here Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Without these things Spiritually, man is disqualified to believe on Christ !

Precisely stated!

A prerequisite for believing in Christ is to be one of Christ's Sheep He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15.
For He gives them Eternal Life so, as a result, they shall have a heart to perceive, eyes to see and ears to hear:

John 10:27-28
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (v.28) And I give unto them eternal life;
and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Is. 40:11
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

But those who are not His Sheep are not given to Believe on Him unto Salvation.

John 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

It was God's Purpose that they, the goats, remain spiritually blinded:

Rom. 11:7b
but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Mat. 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:
but the righteous into life eternal.

~~~~~

beloved57

Precisely stated!

A prerequisite for believing in Christ is to be one of Christ's Sheep He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15.
For He gives them Eternal Life so, as a result, they shall have a heart to perceive, eyes to see and ears to hear:

John 10:27-28
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (v.28) And I give unto them eternal life;
and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Is. 40:11
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

But those who are not His Sheep are not given to Believe on Him unto Salvation.

John 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

It was God's Purpose that they, the goats, remain spiritually blinded:

Rom. 11:7b
but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Mat. 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:
but the righteous into life eternal.

~~~~~

Very well articulated! Thank God for you!

Interplanner

Trying to figure out how God elects is like being a diver under a ship and trying to figure out what model it is. Meanwhile up on top, an emergency has been declared and all hands are needed to help people. All we need to know is that there is a Gospel to announce, and that we are expressing it in the right ways and places.

The other pre-knowledge questions are none of our damn business, got it?

Faith comes by hearing. We don't need to know who was picked out to respond. It comes by hearing, and hearing happens by proclaiming that Christ is our righteousness.

beloved57

A dead man cannot believe on Christ ! 2

A dead man cannot believe on Christ ! 2

In light of the truth that a dead man cant believe, scripture says, Jesus Himself says Jn 11:26

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

One must be living to be believing, the believing coexists with the Living, so no life, no believing.

Jn 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

If one does not eat and drink of the body and blood of Christ, its because they have no life in them, for life must precede the activities of eating and drinking, those activities presupposes/requires life ! Even from the natural analogy, can we expect a dead person to eat and drink ? No, of course not !

beloved57

From Faith to Faith, The Just shall live by Faith !

From Faith to Faith, The Just shall live by Faith !

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now that it has been testified of, that Faith comes from/out of Christ, by the Spirit of Christ, as well as it being first acted by Christ, He being the Pioneer and Author of it Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.AMP

and fix our eyes on Jesus, faith’s pioneer and perfecter. He endured the cross, ignoring the shame, for the sake of the joy that was laid out in front of him, and sat down at the right side of God’s throne.CEB

looking away to the Initiator and Completer of that trusting, Yeshua — who, in exchange for obtaining the joy set before him, endured execution on a stake as a criminal, scorning the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.CJB

He acted first our faith as our Surety Representative , yes He is that for all whom He Lived and died, hence His Faith [which is theirs] is communicated to them, which is a token, proof that He did act as their Head and Surety, and that He did for them Faithfully obey Gods Law, He Trusted in God Heb 2:13

And because He was in the capacity of their Head and Surety, just like Adam had been, His Trusting of God was theirs also, and His Keeping of the Law, was theirs also, by His Law Keeping, they become doers of the Law, and as such they must be Justified Rom 2:13

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

And as Promised, the Just shall live by Faith Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.