Faith to believe on Christ !

Robert Pate

Banned
This excellent study clearly illustrates
how the Scriptures prove that Salvation
is all the Work of God.

No amount of man's mythical freewill can
cause himself to become Spiritually Alive
and Believe on Christ in a way that pleases Him!

~~~~~

That is not the Gospel.

Your Gospel does not reconcile the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Nanja

That is not the Gospel.

Your Gospel does not reconcile the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Oh yes it does! That's the world that God Loved in John 3:16-17,
His Elect chosen in Him, in love Eph. 1:4, before Creation.
And they have forgiveness of sins because Christ gave His life for them Mat. 1:21,
that's what reconciliation is 2 Cor, 5:19, being declared Righteous:
a New Creature in Christ:

2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

All the rest of mankind, however, have no forgiveness of sins,
so consequently they are all workers of iniquity whom God hates Psalm 5:5!

~~~~~

beloved57

Oh yes it does! That's the world that God Loved in John 3:16-17,
His Elect chosen in Him, in love Eph. 1:4, before Creation.
And they have forgiveness of sins because Christ gave His life for them Mat. 1:21,
that's what reconciliation is 2 Cor, 5:19, being declared Righteous:
a New Creature in Christ:

2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

All the rest of mankind, however, have no forgiveness of sins,
so consequently they are all workers of iniquity whom God hates Psalm 5:5!

~~~~~

He doesn't believe 2 Cor 5:19 nor understand it!

beloved57

Faith that is of the operation of God !

Faith that is of the operation of God !

Col 2:12

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

This is the same as saying that Faith is the fruit , operation of the Spirit of God, Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Lets demonstrate by word study. The word operation is the greek word energeia and means:

I.working, efficiency

A.in the NT used only of superhuman power, whether of God or of the Devil

effectual working as in Eph 3:7

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Eph 4:16

From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Now the word fruit in Gal 5:22 is the greek word karpos:

II.that which originates or comes from something, an effect, result

A.work, act, deed

The english word for operation means:

effect, functioning, performance, working

workssimilar words:act, enterprise, procedure, process, project, undertaking

Also another scripture that lends to the fact that believing is of the fruit , operation of the Spirit of God is Eph 1:19-20

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

That word working in Vs 19 is the greek word used for operation in Col 2:12, and Paul plainly says the Ephesian believers had believed according to the working, operation of His Mighty Power.

That Mighty Power is the Spirit of God who raised up Christ from the dead 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

The Holy Ghost is sometimes called the Power of God like 2 Cor 6:7

By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

This no doubt refers to preaching accompanied by the Holy Ghosts Power as in 1 Thess 1:5

For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

So Faith / believing in Christ is the result of the Operation, Fruit, and or Power of the God the Holy Spirit , His Power and Grace !

beloved57

The Spiritual Life that is before and requisite to believe is from Christ the Head of the Church, His Body ! He communicates it as the Last Adam, the Head of His Body the Church 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made[by the purpose of God] a living soul; the last Adam was made[by the purpose of God] a quickening spirit.

So Christ's Members of His Body believe with the Life we receive from Christ through His quickening Spirit Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Spirit quickening here is in response to Christ being a quickening Spirit from 1 Cor 15:45, the Spirit carries out the Will of Christ in giving Life to one of His once dead in sin members ! And so by this Christ is the Author of Our Faith Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

That word author means:

II.one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer

III.the author

I.beginning, origin

II.the person or thing that commences, the first person or thing in a series, the leader

III.that by which anything begins to be, the origin, the active cause

Christ is the active cause of our Faith, it begins to be primarily because of Him as the Last Adam.

Now the wicked religionists in the pride of his heart would tell us that faith is a product of his own freewill according to the flesh, exalting their human will over Christ's Spirit !

beloved57

Predestinated to Faith in Christ !

Predestinated to Faith in Christ !

Those who come to Faith in Christ were predestinated thereunto, whereby we read in Eph 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Predestinated to the adoption of Children or Sons by Jesus Christ ! The word for Children is actually the greek word huiothesia made up of Two words tithēmi :

I.to set, put, place

And the word huios :

I.a son

Hence to set or place as a Son through or by [dia] Jesus Christ !

And we are declared to be the Children/ Sons of God by Faith in Jesus Christ Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Yes that word children here is the same greek word huios = Son !

And its because we were always Sons secretly even in Adam Lk 3:23, because of the Work of Christ to deliver us from the fall in him, The Spirit of Adoption is sent into our hearts to declare our Adoption Gal 4:6

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

And with the Spirit is effected the Fruit of Faith Gal 5:22 by which we come to Faith in Christ Jesus Gal 3:26.

Also Gal 4:6 is the fulfillment of the Covenant Promise to Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

All of this was Predestinated by God according to His choosing us in Christ before the foundation !

Nanja

Those who come to Faith in Christ were predestinated thereunto, whereby we read in Eph 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Predestinated to the adoption of Children or Sons by Jesus Christ ! The word for Children is actually the greek word huiothesia made up of Two words tithēmi :

I.to set, put, place

And the word huios :

I.a son

Hence to set or place as a Son through or by [dia] Jesus Christ !

And we are declared to be the Children/ Sons of God by Faith in Jesus Christ Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Yes that word children here is the same greek word huios = Son !

And its because we were always Sons secretly even in Adam Lk 3:23, because of the Work of Christ to deliver us from the fall in him, The Spirit of Adoption is sent into our hearts to declare our Adoption Gal 4:6

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

And with the Spirit is effected the Fruit of Faith Gal 5:22 by which we come to Faith in Christ Jesus Gal 3:26.

Also Gal 4:6 is the fulfillment of the Covenant Promise to Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

All of this was Predestinated by God according to His choosing us in Christ before the foundation !

Amen!

To have been given this awesome manifestation of the Spirit in our hearts
is to experience His continual presence: a Powerful Assurance/Faith
of who we are In Christ; and our constant calling on Father witnesses
to our Spiritual Identification of being a Son of the Living God,
Chosen and Predestinated to an Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:14 KJV!

Ps. 36:8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house;
and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures

Ps. 107:9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

To have been given this awesome manifestation of the Spirit in our hearts
is to experience His continual presence: a Powerful Assurance/Faith
of who we are In Christ; and our constant calling on Father witnesses
to our Spiritual Identification of being a Son of the Living God,
Chosen and Predestinated to an Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:14 KJV!

Ps. 36:8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house;
and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures

Ps. 107:9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

~~~~~

Amen!

beloved57

Faith is the effect of election this week know by the inspired text of 2 Thessalonians 2:13, where it is stated that certain men had been beloved of God, chosen to Salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief/Faith in the Truth. That word belief being the Greek word pistei, a noun meaning Faith, so it actually can read and faith in the truth, which springs from having been beloved and Chosen, it is also why Paul calls it the faith of God's elect or Chosen Titus 1:1 ! Because Faith is the fruit of Gods Election in Christ!

Nanja

Faith is the effect of election this week know by the inspired text of 2 Thessalonians 2:13, where it is stated that certain men had been beloved of God, chosen to Salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief/Faith in the Truth. That word belief being the Greek word pistei, a noun meaning Faith, so it actually can read and faith in the truth, which springs from having been beloved and Chosen, it is also why Paul calls it the faith of God's elect or Chosen Titus 1:1 ! Because Faith is the fruit of Gods Election in Christ!

Amen, it is, simply because of their being the Beloved of God,
the Elect whom He had Chosen in Christ from the beginning
to an eternal Inheritance 1 Pet. 1:4; Eph. 1:11;
chosen to have Faith in the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13.

~~~~~

beloved57

~~~~~

Exactly!

beloved57

~~~~~

That inheritance of 1 Pet 1:4 and Eph 1:11 is the same as that Abraham's Faith sought after Heb 11:8

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Most in false religion think that the Inheritance Abraham was to receive was carnal, earhly and physical, but it wasnt, it was heavenly Heb 11:16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

So it was a Heavenly Inheritance, the same as the one in 1 Pet 1:4

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Abraham's Gentile Seed will also receive this Inheritance Acts 26:17-18

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Nanja

That inheritance of 1 Pet 1:4 and Eph 1:11 is the same as that Abraham's Faith sought after Heb 11:8

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Most in false religion think that the Inheritance Abraham was to receive was carnal, earhly and physical, but it wasnt, it was heavenly Heb 11:16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Yes, the Inheritance is Heavenly.
It's Eternal Life given Rom. 6:23
to all God's Elect Sons in Christ:
the Heirs of Promise.

Gal. 3:29 And if ye be Christ's,
then are ye Abraham's seed, and
heirs according to the promise.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned

Abraham was justified by faith, Romans 4:1-5.

The Bible does not say that Abraham was predestinated to salvation.

If you are justified by faith you don't need to be predestinated.

beloved57

Abraham was justified by faith, Romans 4:1-5.

The Bible does not say that Abraham was predestinated to salvation.

If you are justified by faith you don't need to be predestinated.

Evasion of the point ! Besides that, when did you believe Rom 4:1-5 ?

beloved57

Faith is not a natural ability but a Spiritual Blessing !

Faith is not a natural ability but a Spiritual Blessing !

Faith is not a natural ability but a Spiritual Blessing ! Its one of the many blessings Spiritual that God blesses His Chosen in Christ with Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

And therefore its also called the Faith of God's Elect or Chosen Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

The word elect here is from the word chosen in Eph 1:4, the word eklegomai:

I.to pick out, choose, to pick or choose out for one's self

One translation is :

Paul, a bond-servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, [fn]for the faith of those chosen of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness,NASB

The Bible teaches that Faith is a Spiritual Blessing as it is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith/faithfulness,

So this Faith is given to us of God as a Spiritual Blessing in accordance with He having Chosen us in Christ before the foundation !

Also this means that we were in Christ before we received Faith, so Faith is a consequence/ evidence of having been Chosen in Christ before the foundation !

Yes this means that a person is in Christ before they have Faith in Him !

Nanja

Faith is not a natural ability but a Spiritual Blessing ! Its one of the many blessings Spiritual that God blesses His Chosen in Christ with Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

And therefore its also called the Faith of God's Elect or Chosen Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

The word elect here is from the word chosen in Eph 1:4, the word eklegomai:

I.to pick out, choose, to pick or choose out for one's self

One translation is :

Paul, a bond-servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, [fn]for the faith of those chosen of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness,NASB

The Bible teaches that Faith is a Spiritual Blessing as it is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith/faithfulness,

So this Faith is given to us of God as a Spiritual Blessing in accordance with He having Chosen us in Christ before the foundation !

Also this means that we were in Christ before we received Faith, so Faith is a consequence/ evidence of having been Chosen in Christ before the foundation !

Yes this means that a person is in Christ before they have Faith in Him !

Amen!

Contrary to what false religion teaches, faith is not something the natural man can exercise
by his "freewill" to become saved, (e.g. placing one's faith in Christ). For scripture attests
to the fact that faith, believing, or any other action one does while still in the flesh,
is void of any spiritual value when it comes to pleasing God.

Rom. 8:7-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God,
neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But all the Election of Grace, Chosen in Christ to the Adoption of Sons before the foundation
Eph. 1:4-5, at some point in their life, they shall experience New Birth: powerfully evidenced
by God giving them His Spirit, of Whom Faith is a Fruit of.

Rom. 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth
the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Rom. 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Christ in you, the hope of glory! Col. 1:27

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

Contrary to what false religion teaches, faith is not something the natural man can exercise
by his "freewill" to become saved, (e.g. placing one's faith in Christ). For scripture attests
to the fact that faith, believing, or any other action one does while still in the flesh,
is void of any spiritual value when it comes to pleasing God.

Rom. 8:7-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God,
neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But all the Election of Grace, Chosen in Christ to the Adoption of Sons before the foundation
Eph. 1:4-5, at some point in their life, they shall experience New Birth: powerfully evidenced
by God giving them His Spirit, of Whom Faith is a Fruit of.

Rom. 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth
the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Rom. 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Christ in you, the hope of glory! Col. 1:27

~~~~~

It appears God has given you the ear of the Learned ! Isa 50:4 !