Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Must be spiritually minded to believe on Christ !

Must be spiritually minded to believe on Christ !

Rom 8:6

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Before anyone can believe on Christ in a conversion sense, they would have to be first made spiritually minded, given a mind that is spiritually capacitated, and not blinded.

Jn 12:39-40

He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Rom 11:17

What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

2 Cor 3:14

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

2 Cor 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

See a mind that is not spiritually minded is a mine that is alienated from God by wicked works, such a mind is at enmity to embracing Christ !

A spiritual mind is one that is under the govenment and influence of the Holy Spirit versus one such as this Eph 2:2-3

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Secondly to believe on Christ in the sense of conversion, requires a Mind that will yield subjection / obedience to Christ, which the carnal mind cannot do Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The Law of God here is not limited to or even in this context speaking of the mosaic law, but law and commands of God in general. Its the greek word nomos, without the definite article and it means :

I.anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command
A.
of any law whatsoever
i.
a law or rule producing a state approved of God

Now to believe on Christ in a conversion sense is a command. What did Paul say to the Jailor when asked the question, what must I do to be saved ? Paul replied "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved"

Now understand something here, the word believe here is an Imperative in the greek, which is :

The imperative mood corresponds to the English imperative, and expresses a command to the hearer to perform a certain action by the order and authority of the one commanding. Thus, Jesus' phrase, "Repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mk.1:15) is not at all an "invitation," but an absolute command requiring full obedience on the part of all hearers.

Now, this required obedience, it is not possible to be rendered by the carnal mind, for it is not subject to the Law of God and cannot be states Paul.

So that leaves us with no alternative but to relaize that one has to be spiritually minded to believe on Christ in a matter of conversion and obedience and that produces life and peace ! Rom 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Thats Spiritually minded believing, when its done through the Power of the Holy Ghost / Spirit !

beloved57

Its a work of God !

Its a work of God !

To believe on Christ, even though a person does it, for God does not believe for man, but its a work of God Jn 6:29

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

It is God's business, Employment that ye believe on Christ His Son, whom He hath sent !

There are certain ones God sent His Son to save, like Matt 15:24

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Now primarily its the Work of God the Holy Spirit, when He comes to one of the Sheep of the Lost Sheep of Israel, whether jew or Gentile [Jn 10:16] with the Gospel, causing it to be unto them the Power of God, which causes them to believe Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

That word power here is the same greek word here attributing believing to the Power of the Holy Ghost Rom 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power G1411 of the Holy Ghost.

The word is the greek word dynamis and means:

I.strength power, ability
A.
inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth

B.
power for performing miracles

C.
moral power and excellence of soul

D.
the power and influence which belong to riches and wealth

E.
power and resources arising from numbers

F.
power consisting in or resting upon armies, forces, hosts

Gill writes:

"through the power of the Holy Ghost"; not by might or power of man, but by that same divine power which first began the good work, and must fulfil it; which at first implanted the grace of hope, and must perform the work of that, as of faith. The same power is requisite to cause grace to abound, or saints to abound in the exercise of it, as was to the first production of it.

Paul indicates that believers did believe by the working of His Great Power Eph 1:19-20

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead
, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Now the way to know whether or not the Spirit energized the Gospel with Power, its when the one is caused to believe Rom 1:16, believing is the result of the Gospel being energized by the Spirit ! It gives it positive effectiveness and application, resulting in their believing !

But wonder if one does not believe the Gospel, or believe on Christ ? That means merely they were not of His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

They are not even suppose to believe because they are not His Sheep and therfore He did not come to save them Matt 15:24 !

So we are impelled to believe that when Jesus made the statement in Jn 6:29, it can only mean to His Sheep, for it was many that it was not God's will to believe, but had been appointed to disobedience 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

In fact they were made to stumble at the word by the decree and purpose of God ! That too was the work or doing of God Matt 21:42

42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

beloved57

Must be of God to hear God's Word !

Must be of God to hear God's Word !

Yes, Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

But, where does Hearing come from ? Jesus will tell us Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

He that is of God simply means, he that is born of God ! 1 Jn 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Thats why this very same writer says in his epistel 1 Jn 5:1

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is[or has been] born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

This is true because it gives support to what Jesus said in Jn 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Then cometh hearing, which cometh Faith or believing ! See the consistency and symmetry of God's Truth ?

And what happens says Jesus if we are not of God ? Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Then you dont hear them, consequently no Faith ! Yes we may hear God's word physically and audibly with the natural ear, but thats meaningless when it comes to producing Faith, Jesus speaks of spiritual hearing !

Now who is it that Hears the Apostles Preaching of the Gospel ? Jn tells us here 1 Jn 4:6

We are of God as in Jn 8:47]: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God as in Jn 8:47 heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Again, the Key to hearing the Gospel as a word of Salvation to you, is being Of God !

Of ek God, the prepostion ek which means:

I.out of, from, by, away from and :

A primary preposition denoting origin

This denotes being born out of God, by New Birth, or by Spiritual Birth. So no one can hear as it speaks of in Rom 10:17 which results in Faith, unless they have been Born of God or unless they are of God !

beloved57

The Gospel is a word of Salvation to the Saved !

The Gospel is a word of Salvation to the Saved !

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The Gospel cannot be and is not the Gospel of ones Salvation who is yet in a lost state, that would be a false message, but it is so when one has been saved already !

The Gospel as a word of Salvation is sent to them that have been born of God, since such ones are in a saved state experimentally, here is proof of the same !

Peter writing in 1 Pet says 1 Pet 1:23

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Those who obeyed the Truth, did so through the Spirit, which meant they had been born of the Spirit, or Born again, and the Gospel is said to be preached unto them in Vs 25 !

beloved57

The Gift of God !

The Gift of God !

Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Many in false antichrist religion, who exalt the flesh ability of man in their false salvation profession, do refuse to bow to the scripture testimony that Faith as it pertains to Salvation and the Spiritual things of God that its not of the natural man, but its a Gift of God through His Spirit, for the scripture teaches us that Faith is the fruit of the Spirit of Christ Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith/faithfulness,.

Fruit of the Spirit is in the Genitive Case , meaning describing what kind of fruit, its fruit out of the Spirit, not out of the flesh, and faith or faithfulness is that kind of fruit, its out of the sphere of the Spirit !

Even the word fruit clarifies the origin of Faith, its the word karpos and one of its meanings is :

I.
fruit
A.
the fruit of the trees, vines, of the fields

B.
the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity

II.
that which originates or comes from something, an effect, result
A.
work, act, deed

B.
advantage, profit, utility

C.
praises, which are presented to God as a thank offering

D.
to gather fruit (i.e. a reaped harvest) into life eternal (as into a granary), is used in fig. discourse of those who by their labours have fitted souls to obtain eternal life

In this case its the Spirit, faith and the other graces of Vs 22 are the effect, or result of the Spirit !

beloved57

The Gift of God ! 2

The Gift of God ! 2

Faith is the Gift of God, or believing in Christ which is the same, its a Gift of God, because its the result / effect of God's[The Spirit] working Power, in fact that same Power Utilized when Christ was raised from the dead Eph 1:19,20

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Also its called the Operation of God Cor 2:12

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Faith is the evidence of our Spiritual Union with Christ when God raised Him up as Our Head from the dead after having been delivered for their offences Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So Faith to believe and trust and rest in Christ for Salvation accompanies Him as the Gift given to them by God Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

beloved57

The Gift of God ! 3

The Gift of God ! 3

For believing in Christ for all of Salvation was not left to chance and human freewill, for those Christ died for, but along with the Gift of Him to them a provision was made to effect it by the very same Power that raised their Head and Saviour from the Dead, after He had died for their sins; So this is another way the Scripture validates that Faith , the Gift of God, belief in Christ, was given with the giving of Christ Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

These words are within this scripture of Truth "it is given in the behalf of Christ to believe on him"

The word given here , the greek word charizomai is the same word used for give in Rom 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

This certainly solidified that Faith itself accompanies the giving of Christ, when He was delivered up for the Elect.

Now finally To say man believes on Christ for Salvation as a result of his or her freewill decision out of their nature, it is nothing short of a outright attack on the Very Power of God that Raised up Christ from the dead, its an exaltation of the flesh of man over and above the Power of God ! 2 Thess 2:3-4

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Do you understand the points I made from the last 3 Posts ? Please explain them back to me ! Thanks !

Nah! You didn't answer GMs questions, so I don't feel like
answering your silly stuff. I hope you don't take it too
personal? It's not personal, it's just business. Get it?,
got it?, good!

beloved57

The Faith of God's Elect !

The Faith of God's Elect !

Saving Faith or we may also call it converting Faith, that Faith which gives EVIDENCE Heb 11:1 of being converted to the Truth as it is in Christ Jesus Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Now its the Faith of God's Elect, mainly because its Faith which God's Elect Christ Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

He is the Author and finisher of it Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Its Faith / Trust that He had first Himself, and which He communicates to His Seed Heb 2:13

13 And again, I[Jesus ] will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

That word Trust is but an synonym for Faith, its the greek word peithō and means:

I.
persuade
A.
to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe

B.
to make friends of, to win one's favour, gain one's good will, or to seek to win one, strive to please one

C.
to tranquillise

D.
to persuade unto i.e. move or induce one to persuasion to do something

II.
be persuaded
A.
to be persuaded, to suffer one's self to be persuaded; to be induced to believe: to have faith: in a thing
i.
to believe

ii.
to be persuaded of a thing concerning a person

B.
to listen to, obey, yield to, comply with

III.
to trust, have confidence, be confident

Yes, His Children or Seed or offspring will be characterized by Trust in God.

Abraham was a Type and was given a Seed , children that would follow in his steps Rom 4:12

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Christ the antitype was given Children that walk in the steps of that Faith or Trust He had per Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Christ ensures they will put their Trust in God's Word and Obey as He did ! Thats why scripture is written to the Faith of God's Elect, it is to them who have been given Faith liken unto their Head and Saviour Christ, who is also God's Elect Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

beloved57

The Faith of Jesus Christ !

The Faith of Jesus Christ !

Rom 3:22

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

That word faith pistis also means faithfulness Which would render Rom 3:22

Even the righteousness of God which is by faithfulness of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Now the prep by here is the word dia which means:

A.the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

i.by reason of

ii.on account of

iii.because of for this reason

iv.therefore

v.on this account

So its even the Righteousness of God which is, on the account of, the Faith/Faithfulness of Jesus Christ !

The word Faith/Faithfulness is in the Genitive case which means:

Genitive Case
For the most part, the genitive is often viewed as the case of possession. In more technical terms one noun in the genitive case helps to qualify another noun by showing its "class" or "kind". The genitive case has more uses than most other cases, but in general a noun in the genitive case helps to limit the scope of another noun by indicating its "kind" or "class". It is generally translated into English with a prepositional phrase starting with the word "of". The most common use of the genitive is to show possession (although it does not necessarily indicate actual, literal ownership).
For instance: "the servant of the high priest" (Mark 14:47). The words "of the high priest" are in the genitive case in Greek and modify the word "servant". (In Greek the word "of" is not present, but it is supplied in English in the translation of the genitive case). Here the genitive helps to qualify "which" servant the writer is referring to. It is helping to limit the sphere of all servants to a particular one.
And: "But you have received a spirit of sonship..." (Rom 8:15). Again the word "sonship" is in the genitive case, telling what kind of spirit we have received. http://www.ntgreek.org/learn_nt_greek/nouns1.htm

Faith/Faithfulness therefore is Of Jesus Christ, its His Subjective Faithfulness that supply's believers with the Righteousness of God.

The Faith / Faithfulness of Jesus Christ is the ground of a Believers Justification / Righteousness before God !

Their Righteousness before God is contributed to the Faithfulness of Jesus Christ, which Righteousness is also Justification before Him !

Then, the Fruit of this, is God given Faith in Christ . Thats right, Faith to believe in Christ is the fruit of having been Justified or declared Righteous by the Faithfuness of Jesus Christ !

Now to confuse this matter is deadly. So understand, the grounds, bases and the meritorious cause of the believers Justification before God, is Christ's Faith/ Faitfulness to the Covenant of Redemption, or simply His Obedience unto Death Rom 5:19; Phil 2:8, but the believers Faith in Christ is the fruit or effect of that Justification they received by Christ's Faith/Faithfulness, or His Obedience unto Death.

Jesus obedience unto death is the same as when He told the believers in sardis to be Faithful unto death Rev 2:10

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

For faithfulness unto death and obedience unto death are the same thing, Hence Jesus Christ's Faithfulness unto Death resulted in the believers Justification before God, thats before they believe, which believing is the fruit of Christ's Faithfulness, So in actuality, ones believing in Christ, is but the fruit of Christ's Faithfulness or obedience unto Death !

Nanja

For faithfulness unto death and obedience unto death are the same thing, Hence Jesus Christ's Faithfulness unto Death resulted in the believers Justification before God, thats before they believe, which believing is the fruit of Christ's Faithfulness, So in actuality, ones believing in Christ, is but the fruit of Christ's Faithfulness or obedience unto Death !

Yes! Excellent post.

~~~~~

beloved57

Faith is that good work begun in us by God the Spirit !

Faith is that good work begun in us by God the Spirit !

Phil 1:6

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

That word begun is the greek word enarchomai and means to:

I.to begin, to make a beginning, to originate; be the originator of:

Now that same word enarchomai made up of the word archomai which also means:

I.to be the first to do (anything), to begin

II.to be chief, leader, ruler

III.to begin, make a beginning

Is also where the word author is from here Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

So Christ by sending His Spirit in us, giving us Life from the Dead, by that is the Author or beginner of our Faith. He begins the Work of Faith in those He died for, His Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Its a fatal mistake to believe and or teach that Faith in the matter of the things of God, begins from the natural man, that it originates in the mind of the flesh, for that is nothing but an attempt to steal Glory from Christ and the accomplishment of His Works. He begins it un us and shall perform it in us until the Day of Christ Phil 1:6

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

This is also the basis for the P in TULIP the final perseverance in Faith for the Saints, its being performed by Christ through His Spirit !

Nanja

Phil 1:6

That word begun is the greek word enarchomai and means to:

I.to begin, to make a beginning, to originate; be the originator of:

Now that same word enarchomai made up of the word archomai which also means:

I.to be the first to do (anything), to begin

II.to be chief, leader, ruler

III.to begin, make a beginning

Is also where the word author is from here Heb 12:2

So Christ by sending His Spirit in us, giving us Life from the Dead, by that is the Author or beginner of our Faith. He begins the Work of Faith in those He died for, His Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Its a fatal mistake to believe and or teach that Faith in the matter of the things of God, begins from the natural man, that it originates in the mind of the flesh, for that is nothing but an attempt to steal Glory from Christ and the accomplishment of His Works.

Absolutely. All human efforts are futile; it's all God's action from start to finish!

He begins it in us and shall perform it in us until the Day of Christ Phil 1:6

This is also the basis for the P in TULIP the final perseverance in Faith for the Saints, its being performed by Christ through His Spirit !

Amen!

1 Cor. 1:3-9
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; Even as
the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift;
waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end,
that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom
ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

God bless you richly!

~~~~~