ECT Faith + Obedience = Salvation?

glorydaz

No.

Rather, by your fool ignorance that because you are reading a thing; you are reading it right.

This here was not a ribbing. Nor a dig.

Rather, an observation of what is clearly a narrow mindedness on your part.

Take that how you will.

For take it how you will...you will do.

Remain the fool to your double-standard.

Your loss.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Poor Danoah. Your fall from grace has really made you bitter, hasn't it? :nono:

dodge

Nope. All I'll ever need I have in Romans 5.

2Ti 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

DAN P

You mean the ministry where Jesus walked the earth for 33 years without committing even one sin that Jesus ? So some how you don't have to pay attention to that Jesus who was a sinless sacrifice ?

You ignore Jesus' teachings at your own peril !

Sadly, you are so confused and deceived you do not have any clue about the things of God. You spew gibberish and nonsense.

Hi and at one time I was where you are , BUT others showed me better , and Jesus ministry was to Jews and NOW a VAIL covers the Jewish Heart as written in 2 Cor 3:15and will you refuse to believe these verses ??

Verse 16 say , But when ever he should turn towards the Lord , the VAIL / COVERING is being taken away !!

So , how are Jews saved today ?

Explain how you were saved today ??

Can not explain HOW ??

You are the confused ONE !!

dan p

Danoh

2Ti 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Yep :thumb:

Now get to rightly dividing - as in...

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

As in, not...

Matthew 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

...but...

1 Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

As in, not...

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

...but...

Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

As in, not...but...

Cross Reference

May 2nd

The passion of patience

"Though it tarry, wait for it." Hab. 2:3.

Patience is not indifference; patience conveys the idea of an immensely strong rock withstanding all onslaughts. The vision of God is the source of patience, because it imparts a moral inspiration. Moses endured, not because he had an ideal of right and duty, but because he had a vision of God. He “endured, as seeing Him Who is invisible.” A man with the vision of God is not devoted to a cause or to any particular issue; he is devoted to God Himself. You always know when the vision is of God because of the inspiration that comes with it; things come with largeness and tonic to the life because everything is energized by God. If God gives you a time spiritually, as He gave His Son actually, of temptation in the wilderness, with no word from Himself at all, endure; and the power to endure is there because you see God.

“Though it tarry, wait for it.” The proof that we have the vision is that we are reaching out for more than we have grasped. It is a bad thing to be satisfied spiritually. “What shall I render unto the Lord?” said the Psalmist, “I will take the cup of salvation.” We are apt to look for satisfaction in ourselves—‘Now I have got the thing; now I am entirely sanctified; now I can endure.’ Instantly we are on the road to ruin. Our reach must exceed our grasp. “Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect.” If we have only what we have experienced, we have nothing; if we have the inspiration of the vision of God, we have more than we can experience. Beware of the danger of relaxation spiritually.

Oswald Chambers

turbosixx

No, I think you both made comments as you understood. She disagrees with you.
Not surprising. Christianity is fractured into a myriad of beliefs, all from the same book.

At one time, I fretted that one could lose salvation, but I don't believe any scripture backs that up after reading and memorizing 1 John 2:19.
It changed my understanding forever. I then found 2 Timothy 2:13 true, as I always hoped it would be.

I’m familiar with the verses and can see how one could come to that conclusion. I see a lot of verses that indicate one can lose their salvation and when I read examples of judgment, it always comes down to what the person did or didn’t do. Like we see in Matt. 25, the passages point out their actions justified or condemned them.

1 Jn. 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

turbosixx

Do you think that there are sinless days in your life?
Yes, but not many.

We SHOULD all be 100% obedience to the LORD 100% of the time.

Eternal life is a free gift and it changes people from the inside out.

I agree 100%.

If the OT is our school master, I would suggest one thing we can learn is how God views disobedience.

Num. 15:32 Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day. 33 Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation; 34 and they put him in custody because it had not been declared what should be done to him. 35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.”

If God's children deserved death for disobeying a faulty law based on the blood of animals, what can we expect for disobeying Christ and his blood.

Heb. 10:26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Cross Reference

Not surprising. Christianity is fractured into a myriad of beliefs, all from the same book.

I’m familiar with the verses and can see how one could come to that conclusion. I see a lot of verses that indicate one can lose their salvation and when I read examples of judgment, it always comes down to what the person did or didn’t do. Like we see in Matt. 25, the passages point out their actions justified or condemned them.

1 Jn. 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Caution!!!

". . . . it [would have] been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire." 2 Peter 2:21,22 (KJV)

[emphasis mine]

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, but not many.
Pride much?

I agree 100%.

If the OT is our school master, I would suggest one thing we can learn is how God views disobedience.

Num. 15:32 Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day. 33 Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation; 34 and they put him in custody because it had not been declared what should be done to him. 35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.”

If God's children deserved death for disobeying a faulty law based on the blood of animals, what can we expect for disobeying Christ and his blood.
"Faulty law"? There was nothing "faulty" about the law.

Rom 7:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:12) Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

You need to rethink that one.

Heb. 10:26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews is NOT about the Body of Christ.

turbosixx

Caution!!!

". . . . it [would have] been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire." 2 Peter 2:21,22 (KJV)

[emphasis mine]

Please explain. I see this supporting what I said.

turbosixx

Pride much?
Not at all.

"Faulty law"? There was nothing "faulty" about the law.

Rom 7:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:12) Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

You need to rethink that one.
I'm only quoting the bible.
Heb. 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second.
Tell me what I'm missing. I agree it's holy.

Hebrews is NOT about the Body of Christ.
It looks like the church to me. Why do you believe it is not?

Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
12:18 For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind,
12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Right Divider

Body part
It looks like the church to me. Why do you believe it is not?

Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
12:18 For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind,
12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,
Which church?

The church which is His body is not the same church as the one in the wilderness. Both are God's churches.

turbosixx

Which church?

The church which is His body is not the same church as the one in the wilderness. Both are God's churches.

This is how I understand it. The one in the wilderness was before Jesus' sacrifice and approached God through the blood of animals. The one in Hebrews by Jesus' blood.

Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,

There is only one church that can approach God by Jesus' blood.