ECT Faith + Obedience = Salvation?

Cross Reference

Because I don't doubt or question anything about the operation of God, and that includes His having forgiven all my trespasses.

Colossians 2:12-14KJV
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;​

Without you asking?? Was there at least, remorse for hurting Him?

Presumption, anyone?

Cross Reference

I didn't have to ask, I believed the Gospel. Don't you? :think:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4KJV
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:​

Salvation is about a relationship, not a doctrine, about God. I read your doctrine. I don't "read" your relationship with God beyond a presuming upon Him? I don't read you believing you ever needed to be justified in a "living way".

Question: Who do you consider to have been a spiritual mentor?

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Well, I sure won't be caught in yours. :chuckle:

Had they obeyed the Gospel and believed, they would be new creatures....all things would be new.

And by that newness you mean something magical would have taken place? I don't believe so. . . and you shouldn't either if it is a gospel teaching you are attempting to convey.

If you are Christian you realize warfare with Satan doesn't begin until one is born again. Jesus shows us that by His own life [Luke 4:1-14] which when deciding who He would follow reveals to us what the issues have now become] i.e., that one must first have a relationship, now made possible by that new Holy Spirit "Gene" in order to overcome the influence of one's Adamic "gene" that still resides in the DNA of that individual.. a DNA now able to be rectified by God by His "Consuming Fire", JBT spoke of. One is now able to desire it and thus the battle begins against his flesh which desires to control him. "My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2 (KJV)

If you don't know that should reveal more to you than you might imagine and I don't mean to your imagination as you might have it as being from mine.

Interplanner

Salvation is about a relationship, not a doctrine, about God. I read your doctrine. I don't "read" your relationship with God beyond a presuming upon Him? I don't read you believing you ever needed to be justified in a "living way".

Question: Who do you consider to have been a spiritual mentor?

Salvation is definitely both doctrine and relationship because it is a doctrine of a relationship that is in the red.

Justification is that part of salvation that solves the sin-as-debt problem; what do you mean by justified in a "living" way?

Cross Reference

Salvation is definitely both doctrine and relationship because it is a doctrine of a relationship that is in the red.

Justification is that part of salvation that solves the sin-as-debt problem; what do you mean by justified in a "living" way?

[I'll take a chance]

Living, as in a perpetual relationship, one of seeking to know God and Jesus Christ that byit one is conformed to the image of God..

Jerry Shugart

Jesus' blood washed me clean of the sins I repented of doing. How do you get that is wrong?

Before you will ever get your sins washed by the blood of the Lamb you must first believe the gospel of grace which speaks of the imputed righteousness of God which comes to all who believe:

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

The righteousness of God is given to all who "believe," not to all who believe and obey.

glorydaz

Without you asking?? Was there at least, remorse for hurting Him?

Presumption, anyone?

Yes, without my even asking. It was a Gift freely given out of Love.

Will nothing satisfy you until you hear of my begging and pleading and beating myself about the head and shoulders? Do you find some personal satisfaction in hearing details that don't concern you? It's a sort of voyeurism, isn't it?

glorydaz

And by that newness you mean something magical would have taken place? I don't believe so. . . and you shouldn't either if it is a gospel teaching you are attempting to convey.

If you are Christian you realize warfare with Satan doesn't begin until one is born again. Jesus shows us that by His own life [Luke 4:1-14] which when deciding who He would follow reveals to us what the issues have now become] i.e., that one must first have a relationship, now made possible by that new Holy Spirit "Gene" in order to overcome the influence of one's Adamic "gene" that still resides in the DNA of that individual.. a DNA now able to be rectified by God by His "Consuming Fire", JBT spoke of. One is now able to desire it and thus the battle begins against his flesh which desires to control him. "My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2 (KJV)

If you don't know that should reveal more to you than you might imagine and I don't mean to your imagination as you might have it as being from mine.

Ah, so you've never actually been crucified with Christ. That explains a lot. Keep seeking, CR.

God's Truth

Before you will ever get your sins washed by the blood of the Lamb you must first believe the gospel of grace which speaks of the imputed righteousness of God which comes to all who believe:

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

The righteousness of God is given to all who "believe," not to all who believe and obey.

Jesus says to obey.

You say no.

Why do you go against Jesus?

James says faith alone is dead.

You cannot put aside even one scripture.

God's Word is powerful, even one scripture of his can correct your false teachings.

Jerry Shugart

Jesus says to obey.

You say no.

Where do we read the word "obey" in this passage?:

The righteousness of God is given to all who "believe," not to all who believe and obey. Since you have no intelligent answer for what Paul reveals there you just boldly deny what he said. You prove over and over that you have no respect for what the Scriptures actually reveal.

glorydaz

The righteousness of God is given to all who "believe," not to all who believe and obey. Since you have no intelligent answer for what Paul reveals there you just boldly deny what he said. You prove over and over that you have no respect for what the Scriptures actually reveal.

And she has the gall to boast about it. :doh:

Danoh

Yeah, I'm not swayed by wink and a grin.

No.

Rather, by your fool ignorance that because you are reading a thing; you are reading it right.

This here was not a ribbing. Nor a dig.

Rather, an observation of what is clearly a narrow mindedness on your part.

Take that how you will.

For take it how you will...you will do.

Remain the fool to your double-standard.

Your loss.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

God's Truth

Faith alone is dead. When you read 'faith', remember it it the faith of Abraham that was with right action.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

…..
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.