excellent example of MADism:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The word "repent" does not mean "stop sinning". It means "reconsider".
Sure, one can reconsider about their sin, but repent is not always connected to sin.
One can repent of many things that have nothing to do with sin, as we see GOD repents multiple times.

GOD repented multiple times.

The Hebrew words for repent (e.g. "anachi" in Gen. 6:6) denotes a sorrowful emotion ("a sigh") of empathy . . but it does not mean "regret" or any change of mind.

It is much like His words to Ezekiel:

" . . I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked . . " Ezekiel 33:11

This is how God responds to sin. And then in the same verse, we read how God commands men to respond to sin:

" . . that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?" Eze. 33:11

So to use the English word "repent" in the context of both God and man, is error, for God is not man that He should "repent" and turn from wickedness, for there is no wickedness in Him.

However, He has great empathy for the death men bring upon themselves through their wickedness.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Its because you're ignorant of "the Greek", saint john.

It is worse than that . . He does not know Hebrew, either.

Nor does Johnnie know the eternal, divine attributes of God.

He is simply making lots of noise, in the dark . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
These are excellent examples of "MADists" supporting another who recognizes that while all of the Bible is for us, it's not all written to us or about us.

Why do you think everything is to you and about you?

Matthew 4:4

heir

TOL Subscriber
And you guys think that hope is not for the gentiles.

Those who trust the Lord believing why Christ died for us (Christ died for our sins), that He was buried and that God raised Him from the dead the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) have an inheritance in heavenly places. In fact, we've already been made to sit there.

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Why haven't you?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Hebrew words for repent (e.g. "anachi" in Gen. 6:6) denotes a sorrowful emotion of empathy . . but it does not mean "regret" or any change of mind.
Yes it denote a change of mind (reconsider), unless you think GOD was always sorry for creating man.
He only reconsidered it a long time after He created Adam & Eve.

So to use the English word "repent" in the context
I'm not using any English dictionary to interpret what words in scripture are supposed to mean to us.
I am letting scripture interpret scripture with the words scripture uses.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Do it!

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Living by every word of God does not entail hypothetical legalisms or parabolic lessons.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"Dividing" does not mean "erasing," or "ignoring," nor "neglecting."

Rightly dividing is to separate one from another. We can see a biblical example of rightly dividing as the Lord will rightly divide the nations (also at the second coming):

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

As far as what Paul writes that needs to be rightly divided/seperated one from another is the word of truth

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And Paul defines the word of truth as “the gospel of your salvation”!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

There's more than one gospel in your Bible. If you don't separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of YOUR salvation" as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV above, from others, you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you in the dispensation of the grace of God. Our good news (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) must be divided out from other good news in the Bible.

Wrongly dividing is to think it's all to you and about you.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Rightly dividing is to separate one from another.

Or, breaking down a singular to find the multiple components . .

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

To a Christian scholar, it means to exegete and apply hermeneutics in one's study of the Word of God; comparing each and every scripture with the entirety of scripture.

And Paul defines the word of truth as “the gospel of your salvation”!

Yes, and there is only one absolute revelation of Truth from God.

There's more than one gospel in your Bible.

Impossible, for there is only one New Covenant . . made and performed and ratified by the shed blood of the one Savior, the only begotten (one) Son of God.

daqq

If you were better educated you would know that many words in "the Greek" mean the exact opposite of what they mean in English.

I'm surprised at you.

So why then does your Saint John W mock anyone who quotes a definition?
I'm surprised that you also turn a blind eye to such hypocrisy.

"Oh yes, Ssssssssssssssssssaint John of Marcion, definitions are the devil!" :Nineveh:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rightly Dividing The Word of God

Rightly Dividing The Word of God

Or, breaking down a singular to find the multiple components...it means to exegete and apply hermeneutics in one's study of the Word of God; comparing each and every scripture with the entirety of scripture.
Sadly, rightly dividing has a very different meaning to some than it does to the church militant.

AMR

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
47But Jesus, knowing the thoughts of their hearts, had a little child stand beside Him. 48And He said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in My name welcomes Me, and whoever welcomes Me welcomes the One who sent Me. For whoever is the least among all of you, he is the greatest.”

Matthew 23:11,12 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant…

Observe the above "answer"-nowhere does he cite where the Lord Jesus Christ, said, the Master, saying, "he said,"...

It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Good bong hits, eh?

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
"There's more than one gospel in your Bible."-heir

Impossible, for there is only one New Covenant . . made and performed and ratified by the shed blood of the one Savior, the only begotten (one) Son of God.]

Observe, another biblical moron, and deceiver, in action. To wit...

1. She equates the gospel(whatever gospel in view) with this "one New Covenant."

No scripture says that. Her SOF told her that.

2. She asserts that there is only one piece of good news, in the book. That is made up. Her SOF told her that, along with the devil-no scripture even hints at that... Or, # 3, given her "one gospel" jazz,

3. She is clueless as to the meaning of the term "gospel."

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That kingdom of heaven that you are trying so desperately to be a part of (which you can't) will be for those Gentile nations to inherit that blessed Israel in the great tribulation!

So what exactly will the BOC be doing after "the great tribulation"?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Observe the above "answer"-no where does he cite where the Lord Jesus Christ, said, the Master, saying, "he said,"...

It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Good bong hits, eh?

'Bout as good as your assumption that Paul was saying you remember how I told you the Lord said to me.

Tell me you know for a fact The Holy Spirit revealed it to you and I'll consider it.

Otherwise I'll just keep believing Paul expounded on Jesus' words not compounded them.

Mark 13:23

“But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.”

Last edited: