Evolution From Space

Jukia

Knight said:
Jukia... first off I am NOT an expert in this field, I do not make that claim.

Yet us laymen also form opinions based on the evidence we see, hear and read.

I will let you "experts" hash out the details. :D
Knight, I am not an expert either but I do have a decent science background and a bit of a theology background.
Your statement was that a young earth offers the most compelling evidence.
Absent looking at the evidence from a literal Biblical perspective, what is that evidence that pushed you over the edge???
Thanks

fool

Hall of Fame
IF;
The comets were formed as a result of ejecta from Earth.............................................
Hmmmmmmm........................................
Can't see it, nope.
First, some of them got crazy long periods, go out past pluto, way past, then come around again, if the Earth squirted something out with enough force to put it into that orbit seems like it would alter the Earths vectors, maybe it did, also, leaving the atmosphere at the velocity required to achive those orbits would cause alot of friction, so liquid water is out. The best we could do is get water vapor up there, but that's got more problems, prolly gonna disperse in the vacum, maybe not.
So, stuff gets shot away from the Earth, vaporizes on it's way outa the atmosphere, the cloud sticks together close enough to condence, gravity makes a snow ball outa it, then Yaweh smacks it with a cricket bat to put it in it's long period orbit. Is that about it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
Knight, I am not an expert either but I do have a decent science background and a bit of a theology background.
Your statement was that a young earth offers the most compelling evidence.
Absent looking at the evidence from a literal Biblical perspective, what is that evidence that pushed you over the edge???
Thanks
Since we are on the topic of Walt Brown here is a run down of some of the reasons I changed my mind.

Keep in mind I didn't know about Walt Brown at the time but his book does have a great summary at the begining of the book so I am gonna borrow it.... :)

Life Sciences

The Theory of Organic Evolution Is Invalid.

Organic Evolution Has Never Been Observed.

The Law of Biogenesis

Acquired Characteristics

Mendel’s Laws

Bounded Variations

Natural Selection

Mutations

Fruit Flies

Complex Molecules and Organs

Fully-Developed Organs

Distinct Types

Altruism

Extraterrestrial Life?

Language

Speech

Codes and Programs

Information

The Arguments for Evolution Are Outdated and Often Illogical.

Convergent Evolution or Intelligent Design?

Vestigial Organs

Two-Celled Life?

Embryology

Rapid Burial

Parallel Strata

Fossil Gaps

Missing Trunk

Out-of-Place Fossils

Ape-Men?

Fossil Man

Life Is So Complex That Chance Processes, Even over Billions of Years, Cannot Explain Its Origin.

Chemical Elements of Life

Proteins

The First Cell

Barriers, Buffers, and Chemical Pathways

Genetic Distances

Genetic Information

DNA Production and Repair

Handedness: Left and Right

The Elephant in the Living Room

Improbabilities

Metamorphosis

Symbiotic Relationships

Sexual Reproduction

Immune Systems

Living Technology

The Validity of Thought

Life Science Conclusions

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
IF;
The comets were formed as a result of ejecta from Earth.............................................
Can't see it, nope.
First, some of them got crazy long periods, go out past pluto, way past, then come around again, if the Earth squirted something out with enough force to put it into that orbit seems like it would alter the Earths vectors, maybe it did, also, leaving the atmosphere at the velocity required to achive those orbits would cause alot of friction, so liquid water is out. The best we could do is get water vapor up there, but that's got more problems, prolly gonna disperse in the vacum, maybe not.
So, stuff gets shot away from the Earth, vaporizes on it's way outa the atmosphere, the cloud sticks together close enough to condence, gravity makes a snow ball outa it, then Yaweh smacks it with a cricket bat to put it in it's long period orbit. Is that about it?
Maybe you should read the book before you comment.

Just a thought.

Johnny

I don't have time to look at all these. A cursory examination reveals just how bad Dr. Brown's "science" is.

1)"The Theory of Organic Evolution Is Invalid." The page said, "Organic Evolution Has Never Been Observed". Brown defined organic evolution as, "naturally occurring, beneficial change that produces increasing and inheritable complexity." This is incorrect. The lactase gene produces increasing and inheritable complexity. It evolved under laboratory conditions. This was done in the 80s.

2) "The Law of Biogenesis". The page states, "The theory of evolution conflicts with this scientific law when claiming that life came from nonliving matter through natural processes." Incorrect, again. The theory does not state this. I checked the author's source, and it had nothing to do with evolution stating this. This is blatantly wrong.

3) Brown states, "While almost all evolutionists agree that acquired characteristics cannot be inherited, many unconsciously slip into this false belief. On occasion, Darwin did." He cites no support for the fact that modern evolutionists slip into this false belief. It is true that Darwin did, but at the time there was no model for inheritance.

I clicked randomly on "Complex Molecules and Organs". I was greeted with, "Many molecules necessary for life, such as DNA, RNA, and proteins, are so incredibly complex that claims they evolved are questionable. Furthermore, those claims lack experimental support.". I checked the source on this reference, which was “There has never been a meeting, or a book, or a paper on details of the evolution of complex biochemical systems.” Michael J. Behe, Darwin’s Black Box (New York: The Free Press, 1996), p. 179. Behe is wrong (as demonstrated in court)

If you use Dr. Brown as a scientific resource, you might want to check out this book. It should be right up your ally.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
IF;
Can't see it, nope.

The recent comet encounter by NASA showed that at least this one comet was not a "dirty snowball" as previously had been thought. Now scientists are begining to consider the possibility that the "dirty snowball" idea was flat out wrong.

PlastikBuddha

Dirty Snowballs

Dirty Snowballs

I think announcing the death of the dirty snowball may be a bit premature. From what I understand the comet particles brought back to earth show complex chemicals created by more heat than is available in the Oort Cloud. The dirty ice is still there, just a little dirtier, and it possibly moves their origins further into the solar disk during the formation of the solar system. This is some pretty preliminary data, though- it will be years before all the secrets have been extracted from that little payload.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Maybe you should read the book before you comment.

Just a thought.
Well................................
See'in as you have read the book, and you're real smart, and I'm not, why don't you go ahead and field them questions, see'in as I ain't got the book in question handy around.
Just a thought.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
Well................................
See'in as you have read the book, and you're real smart, and I'm not, why don't you go ahead and field them questions, see'in as I ain't got the book in question handy around.
Just a thought.
I am not the author.

Furthermore... I haven't read the book in about three years so I might do it a serious injustice.

If you are interested in the book read it online for free!

Or buy the book yourself. :)