Evolution From Space

Jukia

Knight said:
Indeed! There isn't anything impossible or illogical with my view like there is with your view.

Who says He set it up to "appears to have happened differently."?

The world looks just as it should based on the biblical account of world history.

Really? then how comes the earth appears to be about 4 billion + years old? How come there is no evidence that leads one to believe there was a world wide flood 4000 or so years ago, well at least when one looks directly at the evidence and not at the evidence through Biblically colored glasses.

And how can you write your first sentence? Aren't you one of those who believes in a literal interpretation of Genesis? If so how can you believe anything other than 6 day literal creation???

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
well at least when one looks directly at the evidence and not at the evidence through Biblically colored glasses.
And you look at the evidence through materialistic colored glasses.

You are free to think whatever you wish.

And how can you write your first sentence? Aren't you one of those who believes in a literal interpretation of Genesis? If so how can you believe anything other than 6 day literal creation???
I don't understand what you are saying.

Jukia

Knight said:
Indeed! There isn't anything impossible or illogical with my view like there is with your view.

Ah, perhaps I misread this. But, if nothing is impossible with your view, is it not impossible, in your view that the earth could be 4+ billion years old?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jukia said:
Really? then how comes the earth appears to be about 4 billion + years old?

Who says it does? (Only the ratio of two elements says this, plus an assumption that meteors were formed at the same time as the Earth).

How come there is no evidence that leads one to believe there was a world wide flood 4000 or so years ago,

Marine fossils on mountaintops plus gazillions of dead things buried in mud (sedimentary deposits) is good enough for me.

Jukia

Knight said:
And you look at the evidence through materialistic colored glasses.

Actually, you have no clue what type of glasses I look at life through. On the other hand as best I can tell you do look at life through Biblically colored glassed.

Jukia

bob b said:
Marine fossils on mountaintops plus gazillions of dead things buried in mud (sedimentary deposits) is good enough for me.

Glad to hear that. But your understanding of geology is clearly pretty bleak.

Are any of the items that you had a hand in designing during your engineering career still being sold?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
Ah, perhaps I misread this. But, if nothing is impossible with your view, is it not impossible, in your view that the earth could be 4+ billion years old?
You are very hard to understand. :confused:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:

Are any of the items that you had a hand in designing during your engineering career still being sold?
If you are interested in discussing the topic and even strongly disagreeing great! But you are are intent on being nothing more than a rude jerk please take you act elsewhere or I will do it for you. :)

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jukia said:

(Ignoring flea)

I see ThePhy is lurking here.

What is your "take" on the "functional protein rarity" situation?

Jukia

Knight said:
You are very hard to understand. :confused:

Your understanding of the world is based on your belief that the earth is aobut 6000 years or so old and was created by God in 6 literal days, correct?
And that understanding is based on your belief that the Bible is inerrant, right down to the story of creation in Genesis, correct?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
Your understanding of the world is based on your belief that the earth is aobut 6000 years or so old and was created by God in 6 literal days, correct?
And that understanding is based on your belief that the Bible is inerrant, right down to the story of creation in Genesis, correct?
The evidence that the earth wasn't billions of years old and that evolution was a lie were two of the main factors that lead me (as an atheist) to explore other avenues.

The substance of the evidence lead me to God.

Therefore, you have it exactly backwards when you attempt to define me.

eisenreich

bob b said:
What is your "take" on the "functional protein rarity" situation?
Bob, did you write a post or cite a paper on "functional protein rarity"? If so, please direct me to it so I can get your take.

Jukia

Knight said:
The evidence that the earth wasn't billions of years old and that evolution was a lie were two of the main factors that lead me (as an atheist) to explore other avenues.

The substance of the evidence lead me to God.

Therefore, you have it exactly backwards when you attempt to define me.

The statement that evolution is a "lie" is a bit strong and implies that those who support it are doing so with malice. If you wish to argue that the evidence relied upon for evolutionary theory is wrong then do so but your implication is that it is fabricated.

As far as the evidence that the earth is not billions of years old are you taking the position that the vast majority of the evidence of an old earth, old universe is....what? fabricated, misinterpreted, part of a great atheistic conspiracy?

While I can understand how one's life experiences can lead to a belief in God and even in the God of the Bible, that is a different path than the one you are suggesting. The evidence of a very very old earth is overwhelming unless you are willing to posit major changes in our understanding of physics etc.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
The statement that evolution is a "lie" is a bit strong and implies that those who support it are doing so with malice. If you wish to argue that the evidence relied upon for evolutionary theory is wrong then do so but your implication is that it is fabricated.
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man — and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

I believe that the creator God is evident to all men.

Those that reject Him do so knowing they are wrong deep down inside.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia... it seems you have "toned down" a bit. Thank you!

These topics are fun to discuss and even more fun to discuss if we can have a sense of fellowship. :up:

Jukia

Knight said:
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man — and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

I believe that the creator God is evident to all men.

Those that reject Him do so knowing they are wrong deep down inside.

But you can get to evidence of God without having to believe in a 6 day creation. Or perhaps that is the crux of our dispute.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
But you can get to evidence of God without having to believe in a 6 day creation.
That is true.

Personally I feel a young earth offers the most compelling evidence.

Some Christians disagree.

Jukia

Knight said:
That is true.

Personally I feel a young earth offers the most compelling evidence.

Some Christians disagree.

What is your evidence other than perhaps anecdotal evidence of young lavas seeming old?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
What is your evidence other than perhaps anecdotal evidence of young lavas seeming old?
Jukia... first off I am NOT an expert in this field, I do not make that claim.

Yet us laymen also form opinions based on the evidence we see, hear and read.

I will let you "experts" hash out the details. :D