Evolution From Space

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
OK... but we have frozen Mammoths that appear to be frozen within in seconds.

The physical evidence exists.
I think the evidence clearly exists one way or the other, but getting the information is like pulling eye teeth. I wish there were a Mammoth expert that we could ask some simple questions to. Like the scientists that are actually working on that one they pulled out of the permafrost as a block of ice.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yorzhik said:
I think the evidence clearly exists one way or the other, but getting the information is like pulling eye teeth. I wish there were a Mammoth expert that we could ask some simple questions to. Like the scientists that are actually working on that one they pulled out of the permafrost as a block of ice.
Did you read the entire chapter on frozen Mammoths?

Lord Vader

It reminds me of those contests where you try to sound like a famous author, like "imitate Marcel Proust competition" or "imitate Ernest Hemingway competition" only in this case it's, "imitate the writing style of scientists". You just have to affect a pedantic writing style... but a person, well, some ppl., can tell the difference.

Jukia

Yorzhik said:
You don't even know what we are talking about.

I thought this was about Walt Brown? If so my response is pretty simple. His theory is absurd. If not then let me know what I missed. Thanks

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jukia said:
I thought this was about Walt Brown? If so my response is pretty simple. His theory is absurd. If not then let me know what I missed. Thanks
What about his theory is absurd? Anything specific?

Jukia

Yorzhik said:
What about his theory is absurd? Anything specific?

You can start with the fact that it is based on Noah's flood less than 6000 years ago. Hard to get past that when the rest of the scientific community looks at the evidence and believes otherwise.
And water under the earth suddenly gushing up?
Sorry, the guy is clearly wacked.
I must admit that I have not looked in detail at his site in some months but I think he also theorizes, as does Pastor E, that comets are the result of debris from this explosion of the fountains of the great deep. Total and absolute nonsense.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
You can start with the fact that it is based on Noah's flood less than 6000 years ago. Hard to get past that when the rest of the scientific community looks at the evidence and believes otherwise.
And water under the earth suddenly gushing up?
Sorry, the guy is clearly wacked.
I must admit that I have not looked in detail at his site in some months but I think he also theorizes, as does Pastor E, that comets are the result of debris from this explosion of the fountains of the great deep. Total and absolute nonsense.
All this coming from a guy who believes matter and energy created themselves and that whales evolved from cows which evolved from fish. :chuckle:

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
It's true...

It's true...

Knight said:
I normally don't do this but..... I must take credit for Bob promoting Walt Brown.

I tried for TWO YEARS to get Bob to read Walt's book...

Yes, yes, Knight cornered me with his lance, Lion caught me by the scruff, and they wouldn't let me go unless I read Dr. Brown's book.

Needless to say, it was good medicine. If Henry Morris is the Copernicus of the modern Creation Science movement, Walt Brown is the Isaac Newton!

Thanks guys...

Er, a... thanks guy and a mammal.

-Bob

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Knight said:
All this coming from a guy who believes matter and energy created themselves and that whales evolved from cows which evolved from fish. :chuckle:

:chuckle::chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle::chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bob Enyart said:
Yes, yes, Knight cornered me with his lance, Lion caught me by the scruff, and they wouldn't let me go unless I read Dr. Brown's book.
The funny thing is Lion was just as hesitant as Bob was to read Walt's book. Especially when I told Lion the general idea of the book.

Walt's book is similar to the Plot in that if you tell folks too much about it they might be hesitant to read it because it might challenge their current view (a view that might have an investment behind it). Yet when they finally do read it they dance on the table and wish they had read it sooner. :bannana:

Jukia

Knight said:

And your comment from somone who seems to believe that God created the universe in 6 literal days about 6000 years ago and then set the whole thing up so it appears to have happened differently. Okey dokey

Jukia

Bob Enyart said:

Needless to say, it was good medicine. If Henry Morris is the Copernicus of the modern Creation Science movement, Walt Brown is the Isaac Newton!

Thanks guys...

Er, a... thanks guy and a mammal.

-Bob

As I have suggested to others here before, you really need to learn some science.
Although as I read this post I suspect you may be right. Morris and Brown may be in the forefront of the "modern Creation Science movement" but I would suggest that the reason for capitalizing those words is to attempt to give them more importance and respect than they deserve. Creation Science is simply not science but an attempt to squeeze a literal interpretation of Genesis into the real world and unfortunatly it just does not fit. It is nonsense.
I also assume that I am the mammal referred to. Does that mean that you are not a mammal.
Thanks ever so much. And my guess is that you might find a good basic science class at a local community college

Jukia

Again in the show from yesterday, good Pastor Bob cites a study in New Scientist (not sure I got the name right) positing that rocks from earth could have made it all the way to Jupiter. He then connects it with Brown's idea that the Flood shot rocks and debris off the earth and they became ther asteroids and comets. While he admits that the reported study has a different mechanism than Brown's my specific question is whether Brown's theory requires all asteroids and comets to have resulted from the mechanism that started the Flood.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
And your comment from somone who seems to believe that God created the universe in 6 literal days about 6000 years ago
Indeed! There isn't anything impossible or illogical with my view like there is with your view.

and then set the whole thing up so it appears to have happened differently.
Who says He set it up to "appears to have happened differently."?

The world looks just as it should based on the biblical account of world history.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
Again in the show from yesterday, good Pastor Bob cites a study in New Scientist (not sure I got the name right) positing that rocks from earth could have made it all the way to Jupiter. He then connects it with Brown's idea that the Flood shot rocks and debris off the earth and they became ther asteroids and comets. While he admits that the reported study has a different mechanism than Brown's my specific question is whether Brown's theory requires all asteroids and comets to have resulted from the mechanism that started the Flood.
I have an idea.... call Bob's show and straighten him out!!!

M-F.... 5 to 6PM (eastern) 1-800-8Enyart.