Equal with God = God....no question

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No one is arguing that Jesus Christ is not the Word of God.
The only disagreement is in what the word λόγος logos means.

λόγος logos
I.of speech
__A.a word, uttered by a living voice, embodies a conception or idea
__B.what someone has said
____i.a word
____ii.the sayings of God
____iii.decree, mandate or order
____iv.of the moral precepts given by God
____v.Old Testament prophecy given by the prophets
____vi.what is declared, a thought, declaration, aphorism, a weighty saying, a dictum, a maxim
__C.discourse
____i.the act of speaking, speech
____ii.the faculty of speech, skill and practice in speaking
____iii.a kind or style of speaking
____iv.a continuous speaking discourse - instruction
__D.doctrine, teaching
__E.anything reported in speech; a narration, narrative
__F.matter under discussion, thing spoken of, affair, a matter in dispute, case, suit at law
__G.the thing spoken of or talked about; event, deed
II.its use as respect to the MIND alone
__A.reason, the mental faculty of thinking, meditating, reasoning, calculating
__B.account, i.e. regard, consideration
__C.account, i.e. reckoning, score
__D.account, i.e. answer or explanation in reference to judgment
__E.relation, i.e. with whom as judge we stand in relation
____i.reason would
__F.reason, cause, ground​

It is twaddle for whatever your fancy linguists say the Logos became flesh and dwelled among us. And John says HE.

RBBI

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

What we see has come about because of the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, INCLUDING HIS. Peace

keypurr

In the Greek the word "image" refers to character. Are you saying Jesus did not reflect God's character?

No, but the express image is not a man as Jesus was. It means a created exact copy of the Father in every way. God is a spirit, his express image is a spirit. Understand that and you will truly see who the Son is that God sent. Christ was IN Jesus, Jesus was anointed with Christ. Acts 10:38 the POWER was given to the flesh son.

exminister

Hebrews 7

1 This ‘King Melchizedek of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham as he was returning from defeating the kings and blessed him’;

2 and to him Abraham apportioned ‘one-tenth of everything’. His name, in the first place, means ‘king of righteousness’; next he is also king of Salem, that is, ‘king of peace’.

3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest for ever.

Keypurr, genuine,
The Son has no beginning of days. Isn't that God?

exminister

They're still arguing that Jesus Christ is not the Word of God? :nono:

Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

:thumb:

John 1 - the Word was God and revelation 19 - Jesus is the Word of God does tie a pretty bow on it.

John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revelation 19
Then I saw heaven opened, and there was a white horse! Its rider is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems; and he has a name inscribed that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, wearing fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron; he will tread the wine press of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name inscribed, ‘King of kings and Lord of lords’.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Mark 13:28-32

"Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. "Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. "But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

A4T,

if God and Jesus are the exact same being, then why does Jesus not know when the day of the second coming is but "the Father alone" does?

1) I never said they were the same being.

2) Christ emptied himself to walk as we do, as a man, and as such did so in perfect obedience to the Father -Phillipians 2:6-8 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.…

genuineoriginal

John 1 - the Word was God and revelation 19 - Jesus is the Word of God does tie a pretty bow on it.

John 1

Revelation 19
Then I saw heaven opened, and there was a white horse! Its rider is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems; and he has a name inscribed that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, wearing fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron; he will tread the wine press of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name inscribed, ‘King of kings and Lord of lords’.

Isaiah 55:11
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.​

Matthew 4:4
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not trust the Greek to English translations much any more.

As far as I can tell all of your quotations have been in English. Why do you quote biblical verses in English if you don't believe English translations?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ was IN Jesus, Jesus was anointed with Christ.

Matthew says that after Jesus was baptized he was then anointed with the Spirit of God.

When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water and behold, the heavens were opened to Him and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. (Matthew 3:16 NKJV)​

keypurr

John 1

Revelation 19

I do not see the "word of God" as a man.

I see the "word" as the spiritual son (express image) of the Father.

exminister

I do not see the "word of God" as a man.

I see the "word" as the spiritual son (express image) of the Father.

John 1 clearly says the Word was God

Revelation 19

Revelation 19 calls this being the Word of God. Whose robe would be dropped in blood? Wasn't Jesus crucified? Who is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords?

exminister

I do not see the words Christ in this verse friend.
But if it is he was created before they were any days.

Isn't that a modern Einsteinium interpretation?
That was not a concept in those days. With no beginning of days would mean infinite.