Equal with God = God....no question

genuineoriginal

Yes, yes the old trick

Quote a dozens scriptures which do not say He is God...this will [you think] negate those scriptures which say He is.
You asked what Jesus is, I showed you with seven scriptures that claim He is both Christ and the Son of God.
I could have produced dozens more that say one or the other.
You can try to produce seven scriptures that you believe say Jesus is God, but none of them actually say it.

That is the problem you face.

I don't face that problem because all I have to do is believe the testimony of scripture. It doesn't matter if Jesus is God or not and the Bible does not say for sure.

If the Father is God then the Son begotten of the Father is God too.
Are you deliberately trying to change the meaning of the word God every time you use it?
Let's come to agreement on what definition of the word God you are planning on using so we can have a real conversation instead of you continuing to swap the meaning out.

glorydaz

It doesn't matter if Jesus is God or not and the Bible does not say for sure.

Perhaps He hides from those who have more faith in their own obedience than that of the only Righteous ONE. :think:

Isaiah 45:15
Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.​

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.​

genuineoriginal

Perhaps He hides from those who have more faith in their own obedience than that of the only Righteous ONE. :think:
Obedience is nothing to look down at from your high horse.

Acts 5:32
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.​

Romans 15:18
18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,​

You should try it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Isaiah 45:21
...there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Yes, God is one.

...I in them and You in Me that they may be made perfect in one... (John 17:23 NKJV)

keypurr

You asked what Jesus is, I showed you with seven scriptures that claim He is both Christ and the Son of God.
You can try to produce seven scriptures that you believe say Jesus is God, but none of them actually say it.

I don't face that problem because all I have to do is believe the testimony of scripture. It doesn't matter if Jesus is God or not and the Bible does not say for sure.

Are you deliberately trying to change the meaning of the word God every time you use it?
Let's come to agreement on what definition of the word God you are planning on using so we can have a real conversation instead of you continuing to swap the meaning out.

They fail to see that "God" is a position, not a name.

The son of God is the son of God, not God.

The son of the President is not the President.

exminister

Hebrews 1 said:
1Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets,

2but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds.

3He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

4having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.

5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,
‘You are my Son;
today I have begotten you’?
Or again,
‘I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son’?

6And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says,
‘Let all God’s angels worship him.’

7Of the angels he says,
‘He makes his angels winds,
and his servants flames of fire.’

8But of the Son he (God) says,
‘Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever,
and the righteous sceptre is the sceptre of your kingdom.

9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.’

10And,
‘In the beginning, Lord, you founded the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands;

11 they will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like clothing;

12 like a cloak you will roll them up,
and like clothing they will be changed.
But you are the same,
and your years will never end.’

13But to which of the angels has he ever said,
‘Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet’?
Who is the Lord in verse 10? It appears to be tied as an "and" to verse 5.

exminister

Hebrews 7

1 This ‘King Melchizedek of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham as he was returning from defeating the kings and blessed him’;

2 and to him Abraham apportioned ‘one-tenth of everything’. His name, in the first place, means ‘king of righteousness’; next he is also king of Salem, that is, ‘king of peace’.

3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest for ever.

The Son has no beginning of days. Isn't that God?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

No the problem you face is the scripture which declares The Logos was with God in the beginning and was God, He made everything made and became flesh and dwelled among us.

THAT is your problem.

I hold that whatever the Father is the Son must be also, that is a natural truth as well as a spiritual truth so the scriptures verily proclaim Christ's deity.....moreover it is the rock upon which has builded His church.

glorydaz

Obedience is nothing to look down at from your high horse.

Acts 5:32
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.​

Romans 15:18
18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,​

You should try it.

My affections are set on things above.....if you look back enough you just might turn into a pillar of salt. :chuckle:

glorydaz

No the problem you face is the scripture which declares The Logos was with God in the beginning and was God, He made everything made and became flesh and dwelled among us.

THAT is your problem.

They're still arguing that Jesus Christ is not the Word of God? :nono:

Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

I hold that whatever the Father is the Son must be also, that is a natural truth as well as a spiritual truth so the scriptures verily proclaim Christ's deity.....moreover it is the rock upon which has builded His church.

:thumb:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Amen! Since His name is called the word of God, then:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

this must be saying Jesus Christ is God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
John stitches them up every which way they turn, it is as if he knew their arguments and sought to cut them out.

HE was in the beginning He was with God and was God, He was in the world and the world was made by Him but the world knew Him not.

glorydaz

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

That's certainly what John called Him. :)

That Word that was God became flesh and dwelt among us. How many guesses does one need to figure that out? ;)

glorydaz

John stitches them up every which way they turn, it is as if he knew their arguments and sought to cut them out.

HE was in the beginning He was with God and was God, He was in the world and the world was made by Him but the world knew Him not.

Yep. :thumb:

genuineoriginal

Logos had a well known meaning when the Gospel of John was written.
_____
Logos (UK /ˈloʊɡɒs/, /ˈlɒɡɒs/, or US /ˈloʊɡoʊs/; Greek: λόγος, from λέγω lego "I say") is an important term in philosophy, psychology, rhetoric, and religion. Originally a word meaning "a ground", "a plea", "an opinion", "an expectation", "word", "speech", "account", "to reason" it became a technical term in philosophy, beginning with Heraclitus (ca. 535–475 BC), who used the term for a principle of order and knowledge.
_____​
THAT is your problem.
I see no problem at all for me.
I see a big problem for anyone that wants to deny the meaning of the word as it was used by the writer.

I hold that whatever the Father is the Son must be also, that is a natural truth as well as a spiritual truth so the scriptures verily proclaim Christ's deity
Yes, the scriptures do claim that Jesus possesses the divine nature and the godhead dwells within Him.
There is no problem with that.
The only time there is a problem is when you try to claim that the Bible says the Father and the Son are the same being.
It does not.

.....moreover it is the rock upon which has builded His church.
Read the verse again.

Matthew 16:16-18
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Please notice that Peter did not say Jesus is "the living God," but instead Peter said Jesus is "the Son of the living God."

There is a huge difference in those two phrases.
The rock that the church was built on is that Jesus is the Son of God.

Please pay more attention to the actual words that were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Greg Jennings

Mark 13:28-32

"Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. "Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. "But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

A4T,

if God and Jesus are the exact same being, then why does Jesus not know when the day of the second coming is but "the Father alone" does?

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

No one is arguing that Jesus Christ is not the Word of God.
The only disagreement is in what the word λόγος logos means.

λόγος logos
I.of speech
__A.a word, uttered by a living voice, embodies a conception or idea
__B.what someone has said
____i.a word
____ii.the sayings of God
____iii.decree, mandate or order
____iv.of the moral precepts given by God
____v.Old Testament prophecy given by the prophets
____vi.what is declared, a thought, declaration, aphorism, a weighty saying, a dictum, a maxim
__C.discourse
____i.the act of speaking, speech
____ii.the faculty of speech, skill and practice in speaking
____iii.a kind or style of speaking
____iv.a continuous speaking discourse - instruction
__D.doctrine, teaching
__E.anything reported in speech; a narration, narrative
__F.matter under discussion, thing spoken of, affair, a matter in dispute, case, suit at law
__G.the thing spoken of or talked about; event, deed
II.its use as respect to the MIND alone
__A.reason, the mental faculty of thinking, meditating, reasoning, calculating
__B.account, i.e. regard, consideration
__C.account, i.e. reckoning, score
__D.account, i.e. answer or explanation in reference to judgment
__E.relation, i.e. with whom as judge we stand in relation
____i.reason would
__F.reason, cause, ground​