Emotions

False Prophet

Emotions are not the problem, unless they get out of hand; and they begin to rule us, then we let our emotions get us into trouble.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Emotions are not the problem, unless they get out of hand; and they begin to rule us, then we let our emotions get us into trouble.

I said
Well I have never seen anyone yet that could control their emotions. I've seen some who control their affections and call them emotions. But they are just deceiving themselves.

Thunder's Muse

I said

That's ok with me. But if you want to know about affections its on the other thread.

I'll have a read through today :)

I find your reasoning interesting and am certainly not going to start a feud over a difference of opinion :) I think we have both done some deep inner work and have just arrived at different conclusions :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said
Well I have never seen anyone yet that could control their emotions. I've seen some who control their affections and call them emotions. But they are just deceiving themselves.

If we cannot control our emotions, we are still immature servants.

God gave us controlling spirit. We better use it.

Thunder's Muse

I said

Emotions can be mastered and our reactions can be controlled. It just takes self discipline and consistency

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I'll have a read through today :)

I find your reasoning interesting and am certainly not going to start a feud over a difference of opinion :) I think we have both done some deep inner work and have just arrived at different conclusions :)

I said
I have a exercise that I have my classes do to show them.
Anyone who thinks they control their emotions. Get all by yourself. And call up anger if you can. If you control them you should be able to. Then send him back and call up jealousy. Then try it with lust, coveting, wrath. If you cant call them up and turn them off you don't control them.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Emotions can be mastered and our reactions can be controlled. It just takes self discipline and consistency

I said
I think you should ask yourself this. What did Jesus say to do with them? Because no one is Christ's until the crucify them.

Gal 5:17-21
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Thunder's Muse

I said

I have a exercise that I have my classes do to show them.

Anyone who thinks they control their emotions. Get all by yourself. And call up anger if you can. If you control them you should be able to. Then send him back and call up jealousy. Then try it with lust, coveting, wrath. If you cant call them up and turn them off you don't control them.

I can make myself angry, depends on what I focus on; what thoughts I allow myself to give attention to.

In the same way, I am able to calm myself down and let the anger fade away.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sure, just change what I focus on :)

I said
So obeying Jesus isn't important to you. Although I don't believe you, you are disputing the new testament. Those who are Christ's (HAVE) crucified them. If you haven't you DONT belong to Christ yet.

24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

Thunder's Muse

I said

So obeying Jesus isn't important to you. Although I don't believe you, you are disputing the new testament. Those who are Christ's (HAVE) crucified them. If you haven't you DONT belong to Christ yet.

(NKJ)

This doesn't quite have the impact you wanted because I think you misunderstand emotions.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This doesn't quite have the impact you wanted because I think you misunderstand emotions.

I said
lolol What impact? I'm used to it I have been teaching this for 25 years now. And only about 10% of all the people can even consider it. Only about 2% believes it and works on it. But that doesn't make any difference. When God says to share it, I share it. You see intellectuals have to have a good reason for believing the Word. That's why they come up with theologies(Spiritual guessing). When I got in the bible I knew I had to believe what was written. So I changed what ever I was thinking to agree with what was written.

Matt 7:13-15
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
(NKJ)

John 6:63-65
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
64 "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
(NKJ)

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Squeaky, you have been on TOL long enough to know what this forum is about. TOL is for dialogue, not monologue.

Please start up a conversation. Don't posts a long string of verses hoping that people are going to understand the point you are making.

FINALLY! I have been saying that forever.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
FINALLY! I have been saying that forever.

I said
ROFLOL You have been saying that because you don't know the Holy Spirit. Or the hidden language of the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 14:10-11
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
(NKJ)

The language of the Holy Spirit is what separates those who worship in the flesh(you) and those who worship in the Spirit(me)

1 Cor 2:1-7

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
(NKJ)