Dulcinea del Toboso's diary.

doloresistere

Such a strange day today. I am reminded of the famous Mae West quote...."If I asked for a cup of coffee, someone would search for the double meaning."

That's because you speak with forked tongue. you never say anything without the express purpose of deceit.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello Town. I left the light on for you. I hope you don't mind LED. Energy saving, you know.

bybee

Why how silly is that? Your confidence is misplaced.

If I were you Eeset, I would give serious consideration to this charge.
You make statements loaded with negativity in a superficially pleasant tone and expect others not to see through the charade?
You are intelligent.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
If I were you Eeset, I would give serious consideration to this charge.
You make statements loaded with negativity in a superficially pleasant tone and expect others not to see through the charade?
You are intelligent.
Thank you bybee for your concern. Here are some of the dynamics I face. I'm sure to some people these may appear silly but remember that relationships, even on the web, are 2 way streets.

1. Tambora targets me daily with Neg Reps even searching out older posts on days when I have refrained from posting.
2. Town includes my name in many of his posts even when responding to others in replies that I am not participating in. And it is always with a negative connotation using his skills to cast me in distasteful context.
3. Zoo began and carried on a campaign focused on tearing down my integrity.
4. I have made both public and private apologies only to be accused of insincerity.
5. When I raise issues of concern about inequities such as the disparate rep power of longer term members it is treated as if I am being a whiner. Where is the line between whiner and champion of the underdog? Or between patriot and traitor. Perhaps you might understand why I have strong empathy for Edward Snowden.
6. I was informed by a few friends late last year and early this year that pm's were circulating targeting me as some sort of persona non-grata. While I have no proof that this was true you might imagine how it was not a pleasant experience for me. Then one day without any notice I was kicked out of the women's club. Whoever accomplished that must have been very pleased with themselves.
7. I have every confidence that this response to you will be treated with utmost scorn by some people. Rather ironic isn't it that the very sincere expression I am making here will be used against me, don't you think?

And perhaps I should close by saying that I think quite highly of many members here who seem to want to cast me in negative contexts. They are for the most part intelligent, worthy of respect and quite likable. My life has, however, taught me to place my faith in God. I have every confidence He has this all under control.

bybee

Thank you bybee for your concern. Here are some of the dynamics I face. I'm sure to some people these may appear silly but remember that relationships, even on the web, are 2 way streets.

1. Tambora targets me daily with Neg Reps even searching out older posts on days when I have refrained from posting.
2. Town includes my name in many of his posts even when responding to others in replies that I am not participating in. And it is always with a negative connotation using his skills to cast me in distasteful context.
4. I have made both public and private apologies only to be accused of insincerity.
5. When I raise issues of concern about inequities such as the disparate rep power of longer term members it is treated as if I am being a whiner. Where is the line between whiner and champion of the underdog? Or between patriot and traitor. Perhaps you might understand why I have strong empathy for Edward Snowden.
6. I was informed by a few friends late last year and early this year that pm's were circulating targeting me as some sort of persona non-grata. While I have no proof that this was true you might imagine how it was not a pleasant experience for me. Then one day without any notice I was kicked out of the women's club. Whoever accomplished that must have been very pleased with themselves.
7. I have every confidence that this response to you will be treated with utmost scorn by some people. Rather ironic isn't it that the very sincere expression I am making here will be used against me, don't you think?

And perhaps I should close by saying that I think quite highly of many members here who seem to want to cast me in negative contexts. They are for the most part intelligent, worthy of respect and quite likable. My life has, however, taught me to place my faith in God. I have every confidence He has this all under control.

I don't quite know what to say.
You are a good person and you are intelligent.
I would try to learn from a situation such as this. We all get tested at times.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Town includes my name in many of his posts even when responding to others in replies that I am not participating in.
Post a few and let's look at them. See what the context is.
And it is always with a negative connotation using his skills to cast me in distasteful context.
Heck, I can do that by simply reposting some of what you've written without comment. You've compared neg rep to gang rape and abuse, made gay insinuations as insult, just off the top of my head.

No. He began to point out what you do and what you're mostly about. He isn't the only one.

If you hadn't erased the threads I'd be happy to point out the language you used and the faux nature of at least the one you aimed at me, before bringing my family into your routine. But I probably preserved some in Quixote's or Observations. I can look if you want to press the point.

5. When I raise issues of concern about inequities such as the disparate rep power of longer term members it is treated as if I am being a whiner.
You were whining and casting aspersions on the character of people who weren't in control of a number assigned to weight their ability to impact other numbers. You made that the point instead of the conduct that would illicit the response.

Where is the line between whiner and champion of the underdog?
A champion of others doesn't make the matter about herself. You did. Repeatedly. And, again, about the number and not the thing of importance. We both know why that was.

6. I was informed by a few friends late last year and early this year that pm's were circulating targeting me as some sort of persona non-grata.
News to me. I don't believe you. Given how often you play the vicitm's card...

While I have no proof that this was true you might imagine how it was not a pleasant experience for me. Then one day without any notice I was kicked out of the women's club. Whoever accomplished that must have been very pleased with themselves.
You should ask them. How many people are in it and who controls it? It's not a mystery. Why pretend otherwise.

That would be funny, but it's just you doing what you always do.

Here's the thing. The reason so many people have a negative response to you isn't something you ever really concentrate on. People who differ with each other on any number of things.

And that's no real surprise.

And perhaps I should close by saying that I think quite highly of many members here who seem to want to cast me in negative contexts.
No reason to believe that. You've played that card with me one day and the next written a contrary, insulting bit of venom. You say what you want when you want to. It's just noise you make to attract attention to your posture of the moment.

Clean up your act. Go beyond posture. Cut out the salacious and the turn abouts. Remember when I took the faux olive branch after you called the Golden Rule a one sided offer? And how long was it before you couldn't manage not making an offensive return to conflict? About a day.

You want the quotes?

zoo22

Your sincerity is remarkably insincere. Blessings to you. Gosh, I hope that you fall off your broomstick one rainy night, land on a rickety roof, roll off the roof and land in a thorny rose bush on top of a family of angry raccoons. I wish you no ill will. You may have something to do with your own problems at TOL. My dearest friend, don't ride your broomstick after downing a few glasses of red wine and eye of newt.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Post a few and let's look at them. See what the context is.

Heck, I can do that by simply reposting some of what you've written without comment. You've compared neg rep to gang rape and abuse, made gay insinuations as insult, just off the top of my head.

No. He began to point out what you do and what you're mostly about. He isn't the only one.

If you hadn't erased the threads I'd be happy to point out the language you used and the faux nature of at least the one you aimed at me, before bringing my family into your routine. But I probably preserved some in Quixote's or Observations. I can look if you want to press the point.

You were whining and casting aspersions on the character of people who weren't in control of a number assigned to weight their ability to impact other numbers. You made that the point instead of the conduct that would illicit the response.

A champion of others doesn't make the matter about herself. You did. Repeatedly. And, again, about the number and not the thing of importance. We both know why that was.

News to me. I don't believe you. Given how often you play the vicitm's card...

You should ask them. How many people are in it and who controls it? It's not a mystery. Why pretend otherwise.

That would be funny, but it's just you doing what you always do.

Here's the thing. The reason so many people have a negative response to you isn't something you ever really concentrate on. People who differ with each other on any number of things.

And that's no real surprise.

No reason to believe that. You've played that card with me one day and the next written a contrary, insulting bit of venom. You say what you want when you want to. It's just noise you make to attract attention to your posture of the moment.

Clean up your act. Go beyond posture. Cut out the salacious and the turn abouts. Remember when I took the faux olive branch after you called the Golden Rule a one sided offer? And how long was it before you couldn't manage not making an offensive return to conflict? About a day.

You want the quotes?
quoted for posterity.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your sincerity is remarkably insincere. Blessings to you. Gosh, I hope that you fall off your broomstick one rainy night, land on a rickety roof, roll off the roof and land in a thorny rose bush on top of a family of angry raccoons. I wish you no ill will. You may have something to do with your own problems at TOL. My dearest friend, don't ride your broomstick after downing a few glasses of red wine and eye of newt.
funny

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Given your history of deletion, you won't mind my doing precisely that elsewhere.
I wouldn't mind you doing it even if it was you own original inclination. But given your history of self exaltation it would certainly be interesting.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wouldn't mind you doing it even if it was you own original inclination.
I actually copied it after I wrote it in case I wanted to use it later and you closed the thread, which would preclude quoting with links.

But given your history of self exaltation...
More empty crap you won't/can't support with actual quotes, but a solid illustration of why people respond to you and why you're no more a victim in this than neg rep is an assault upon you.

Thanks for the illustration though.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I actually copied it after I wrote it in case I wanted to use it later and you closed the thread, which would preclude quoting with links.

More empty crap you won't/can't support with actual quotes, but a solid illustration of why people respond to you and why you're no more a victim in this than neg rep is an assault upon you.

Thanks for the illustration though.
You are most welcome high and exalted one.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
See? No quotes, just declaration to suit your need to justify the whole drama/victim pose.
Actually I was trying to return to you what you seem to lust most for. Perhaps you and I should just start a one on one thread and toss stones.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Actually I was trying to return to you what you seem to lust most for.
Nah, as with most of what you write it's just a nasty invention banging around in that noggin. It's why you erase your handiwork and why so much of it bites you to the point where you feel the inclination.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nah, as with most of what you write it's just a nasty invention banging around in that noggin. It's why you erase your handiwork and why so much of it bites you to the point where you feel the inclination.
Silly boy. Once again you prove my point.