Dreams: Why so few people dont beleve in dreams from GOD

Ps82

I have only had two dreams that I felt compelled to share to other Christians.

When I first became a Christian there was a lady at the church I was attending that I really liked. She was gone for a while and during that time I had a dream about her. She was in a room with others and they were "attending" to something. The one thing that struck me is that she was the only one in color that is how I attributed the dream to her. When I woke I was thinking about the dream and I was given the message that "the Holy Spirit was there". That is all I really was made aware of. It took a while before I saw the lady again and when I saw her at church she told of how she was at the bedside of a JW. Turns out she and a few others from this church were involved with praying for and helping JW to come out from that cult. I didn't know quite what to make of the whole thing but I was compelled to tell her about the dream. The only thing I told her was "that the Holy Spirit was there". She tried to press me for more details and so did the daughter of the JW woman who had also been praying at the bedside of the JW who was her mother but I told them that the only thing I was supposed to tell them was that "the Holy Spirit was there".

Another dream I had was about a woman that was very dear to me and I couldn't make it to her funeral. I had a very vivid dream about her and that she was in a wheel chair The wheel chair had been painted white and wheeled into a room that had a very large window overlooking what seemed to he the whole world. She was wheeled up to the window but she couldn't see out from her wheelchair so she stood up. I shared that dream with her family and they seemed to be encouraged by it.

Thanks for sharing these dreams. They fit the bill of being short, to the point, and unforgettable... so I would be like you and wonder about their origin. I had a dream about my sister when she died. I saw her wheeled toward a waiting group of people. When she got to them she stood up and there was a lot of hugging. I thank God for this dream of seeing my sister greeted by loved ones in heaven.

Ps82

Here is a dream I had a number of years ago ... with which I did receive some help from a fellow poster around that time.

A nighttime sky appeared before my eyes. As I looked at it filled with all its stars I realized that I was looking at constellations. They did not have the helpful elementary planetarium drawings overlaid upon them, so I was surprised that I understood what I was seeing. Even so I wasn't very certain of their identities. I do not know very much about constellations.

There were two main images upon which I was focusing at first. One was of a man with his arm raised having a tool in his raised hand. I did not know if the man had his face to me or his back to me so I was not sure whether the tool was in his left or right raised arm. Yet, the man struck downward with that arm, and when he did another constellation began to whirl wildly.

That other constellation was above the man's head and a little toward my left. It looked more like a roller coaster than anything else, but when the man struck downward it began to swirl around like a coiled snake and then unrolled and disappeared as it fled from my view.

Further to my left but out of view I was aware that there was yet another constellation, and I remember thinking - "scorpion" ... but then my dream ended.

I think I will let you mull this dream over before I share with you what I discovered about these three constellations and my dream.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for sharing these dreams. They fit the bill of being short, to the point, and unforgettable... so I would be like you and wonder about their origin. I had a dream about my sister when she died. I saw her wheeled toward a waiting group of people. When she got to them she stood up and there was a lot of hugging. I thank God for this dream of seeing my sister greeted by loved ones in heaven.

I didn't say I wondered about the origin of the dream. The origin was me. I had it. I don't believe I would share any other dreams in such a way as to assign some "spiritual value" to them. I think it's presumptuous to do so. The first dream I had was at a time when I was a very new Christian I think that had something to do with my wanting to "share everything" I was thinking and dreaming at that time. Everything seemed "spiritual".

Ps82

I didn't say I wondered about the origin of the dream. The origin was me. I had it. I don't believe I would share any other dreams in such a way as to assign some "spiritual value" to them. I think it's presumptuous to do so. The first dream I had was at a time when I was a very new Christian I think that had something to do with my wanting to "share everything" I was thinking and dreaming at that time. Everything seemed "spiritual".

Oh, I misunderstood.
Yet, I've had dreams that I can only attribute to God. In fact, I had a series of four that all came true in order in my real life. That had to be a God thing, because I did not know my future!

I've had God tell me to not wear an item, because I would lose it ... but I chose not to not believe that I had heard from God ... and I lost it that same day. I've been told exactly what I needed to do to accomplish a job and when I chose to listen and did it ...I had great success.

One day God let me know that I was going to be in a car accident before I got home ... I tried to do things to prevent it, because I thought that was what God wanted me to do... yet right as I felt safe and waited to turn into my neighborhood a person rear-ended my car and totaled it anyway.

As I have said, I do not have these experiences daily ... but they have occurred over 30 + years... and not because I've thought them up. Quite often they come "out of the blue."

Ps82

Here is a dream I had a number of years ago ... with which I did receive some help from a fellow poster around that time.

A nighttime sky appeared before my eyes. As I looked at it filled with all its stars I realized that I was looking at constellations. They did not have the helpful elementary planetarium drawings overlaid upon them, so I was surprised that I understood what I was seeing. Even so I wasn't very certain of their identities. I do not know very much about constellations.

There were two main images upon which I was focusing at first. One was of a man with his arm raised having a tool in his raised hand. I did not know if the man had his face to me or his back to me so I was not sure whether the tool was in his left or right raised arm. Yet, the man struck downward with that arm, and when he did another constellation began to whirl wildly.

That other constellation was above the man's head and a little toward my left. It looked more like a roller coaster than anything else, but when the man struck downward it began to swirl around like a coiled snake and then unrolled and disappeared as it fled from my view.

Further to my left but out of view I was aware that there was yet another constellation, and I remember thinking - "scorpion" ... but then my dream ended.

I think I will let you mull this dream over before I share with you what I discovered about these three constellations and my dream.

Demon Buster,
Don't you want to have a go at the symbolism in this dream?

Demon Buster

My Dream about the Lord
Though it was some time ago I will never for get it.
It starts like this.
I was standing outside looking into the darkness.
I see some distance away a flat top truck the kind it had large create on the back, it had a tarpaulin pulled over some of the creates.
I noticed a image on the tarp it looked like a crest or coat of arms of British origin.
The truck leaves and disappears into the distance.
Next I am standing and looking a a figure it has its face hidden with a hood I feel a compulsion to go over but at the same time I am very cautious how I approach the figure not knowing what to expect.
As I get close I get more excited I reach out to where the head is under the hood my hand is trembling and heart beating very fast.
I pull the hood of,
Then I saw the most wonderful thing I have ever seen it was a man with the biggest smile his face was beaming as if he had just see his best friend. I took another steep closer and we began to hug I huged him and kissed him on his cheek, the tears started to flow from my eyes I was crying and sobbing in my dream. We keepet this up till I woke up and I was still crying when I woke up my arms where still in the same position as if I was still hugging Him in the dream.
It was the Lord the same Lord who was there when I first asked Him into my heart, it was the same Lord who delivered me from my drug addiction, it was the same Lord who Told me to leave my home and go to china, it was the same Lord who died on the cross and came back to life so we all can know and love him.
The King of kings and Lord or lords.

1 John 2: 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

All12Cylinders

Ps82 said:
After the 4th one came true it was like my mind was finally opened and I understood that God is real, alive, and knows what is going on in my life, and even knows my future. Since these dreams I know that I know that God is real!

I'm sorry but this reads more like mysticism and less like Biblical Christianity or a life lived out in faith.

If it required dreams for you to understand God is real, alive, knows about and cares about you and your future, even worse, you didn't learn this from reading Scripture then there are bigger issues you need to address in your walk.

Demon Buster

I'm sorry but this reads more like mysticism and less like Biblical Christianity or a life lived out in faith.

If it required dreams for you to understand God is real, alive, knows about and cares about you and your future, even worse, you didn't learn this from reading Scripture then there are bigger issues you need to address in your walk.

Maybe she just understands better

Ps82

This is merely your opinion of my faith and experiences ... and what that is worth I am yet to find out.

Ps82

That was a neat dream Demon Buster. I also know exactly what you felt as you hugged the Lord in your dream. I have felt the same peace and love in his arms within a dream.

I felt it in the earlier dream I shared where a man continued to sit and talk just with me after the other two famous personalities had left. I felt it another time, when a very tall super-natural man held me in his arms as if I were a child... then dove into a pool of clear water, but I found that I didn't need to be afraid when I just rested in his arms. Those feelings of unconditional love stay with you a long time.

Demon Buster

That was a neat dream Demon Buster. I also know exactly what you felt as you hugged the Lord in your dream. I have felt the same peace and love in his arms within a dream.

I felt it in the earlier dream I shared where a man continued to sit and talk just with me after the other two famous personalities had left. I felt it another time, when a very tall super-natural man held me in his arms as if I were a child... then dove into a pool of clear water, but I found that I didn't need to be afraid when I just rested in his arms. Those feelings of unconditional love stay with you a long time.

I had that dream when I declared to the Lord I would never celebrate a man made holiday again. And I haven't.

Ps82

Well, I guess this thread ends without my discussing the dream I had about which I did learn some interesting things.

Oh well, people just aren't into "special dreams."

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Oh, I misunderstood.
Yet, I've had dreams that I can only attribute to God. In fact, I had a series of four that all came true in order in my real life. That had to be a God thing, because I did not know my future!

No worries. It's just that I have never had a dream like you have expressed that I felt was from God telling me something about myself or my own circumstances. I'm sure that these dreams you have must be comforting in some way.

Ps82

No worries. It's just that I have never had a dream like you have expressed that I felt was from God telling me something about myself or my own circumstances. I'm sure that these dreams you have must be comforting in some way.

Sky, thanks for the comment. That set of four dreams was my first known experience with super-natural dreams, but they cinched my decision that God is real, alive, and knows what is going on in my life ... even my future. Now, whenever I have my moments of doubting and being alone ... they comfort me because I cannot deny that I KNOW that I KNOW the truth about God.

The dream to which I was referring in my last post had to do with the starry sky of constellations ... that interacted and swirled. I looked back at it and realized that I had stated the last line about the scorpion a little bit incorrectly. A minor thing, but after a manner that takes away a bit from the miracle within the dream.

You see, I did not see a constellation of a scorpion at all ... what happened was this:
The next morning I awoke and the word "scorpion" was in my first thoughts. I kept wondering why I thought of a "scorpion," because I had not seen anything in my dream that even hinted of a scorpion in view. What I saw was the shape of a man and a snake or a dragon. The miracle was completed when someone helped me interpret the dream ... only then did I know the miracle of the "scorpion."

Ps82

Because I enjoyed the exercise of finding out what my dream of the constellation filled sky might mean ... when ever I share it ... I like to see if anyone wants to know what I found out.

I find it peculiar that usually no one ever asks me about what I discovered when I present an enticement. I figure from this lack of interest that it just may not yet be God's timing to share the meaning of that dream. So I won't.

Demon Buster

Because I enjoyed the exercise of finding out what my dream of the constellation filled sky might mean ... when ever I share it ... I like to see if anyone wants to know what I found out.

I find it peculiar that usually no one ever asks me about what I discovered when I present an enticement. I figure from this lack of interest that it just may not yet be God's timing to share the meaning of that dream. So I won't.

OK what did you find out, I sent you some info as well

Demon Buster

I really feel the more we draw closer to him the more he will show us, Soul of Guardian, and the more we can do His will in our walk with him.

Good call jeremay I have been fallowing my dreams a long time and I really believe the Lord can use them to communicate with us .
He is The Lord He made us so what ever means he choose he can communicate with us.
I have studied dreams, and most of the time I can interpret my own dreams as Daniel did for the Baker and cup bearer .
some info:

The first step to getting your answer is to use the Word. For example, God may show you a dog in a vision. Ina vision, a dog carries two meanings – negative and positive.

Some of the negative meanings for a dog are ‘a person who will tear you apart with his/her tongue; an ungrateful person who will reward you evil for good (Matthew 7: 6; one who is greedy and never satisfied; outsiders, sinners (Isaiah 56: 11; Revelation 22: 15); a backsliders who to their old ways II Peter 2: 22; Proverbs 26: 11.’ The ‘dog’ also represents ‘slander.’

Some of the positive meanings of the ‘dog’ in a vision are ‘watchmen; intercessors who will watch and pray (Isaiah 56: 9 – 10); security personnel; one who guards the king VIP’s or nation leaders.’

If the dog barks at you or bites you, then that means ‘betrayal’.

If the Lord has revealed that it is an intercessor barking or biting, then it could mean that the intercessor is no longer loyal to you; and they are, in fact, ripping you apart with their tongue. This is just one interpretation.

Blessings