Dreams: Why so few people dont beleve in dreams from GOD

Demon Buster

erwhelming to share.
I guess what I should focus upon are the three that were important to my dream.

Draco, Bootes, and the barely visible claws of Scorpio.

I have concluded that it was Draco ... and not another constellation found i the Bullinger book called Serpens. Draco was the only one in the correct position above the head of Bootes.

Oh well, where is "my Joseph"? My dream interpreter?

Its the best course to take if when you get stuck on something the best interpreter is the Lord, a quote from Genesis 40 8 Then Joseph said to them, “Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams.
bring all your thoughts and worries and ambitions before the Lord
I will ask of the Lord for you also have a great day

Blessings.

S

Strefanash

I am no cessationist as regards the gifts of the Spirit, and I have had visions. My background is charismatic movement. But I have been infected with the modern psychological mindset which regards dreams as mere inner workings of the mind. Chances are if God spoke to me in a dream I would ignore it, regarding it as mere psychology.

This may be why many people no longer believe in dreams

foundsheep

When I was a teenage boy, I saw three events on one dream. The first was a great earthquake, then a smoke coming from the depth of the earth, then angel-like winged creatures flying in the night sky.

A real earthquake happened in less than 48 hours after the dream. It claimed hundreds of lives, maybe thousands (I can't remember the exact figure). The gigantic smoke happened in form of a volcanic eruption a year later.

I witnessed firsthand the first two events at the time those happened in real life. I'm still wondering if the third one will ever happen, since it appeared more like supernatural compared to the first two events in that dream.

Burning Bush

I've only had time to read the first page of this thread (will read more later today), but I just wanted to say AMEN, yes He does give dreams and visions to people today. He is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow and no respector of persons, therefore we have a right to expect the same treatment.

The only limitations are what we place on ourselves through fear and unbelief, or allow carnally minded men to place on us, as a fowler's net to "trap" our spirit man.

Ps82

When I was a teenage boy, I saw three events on one dream. The first was a great earthquake, then a smoke coming from the depth of the earth, then angel-like winged creatures flying in the night sky.

A real earthquake happened in less than 48 hours after the dream. It claimed hundreds of lives, maybe thousands (I can't remember the exact figure). The gigantic smoke happened in form of a volcanic eruption a year later.

I witnessed firsthand the first two events at the time those happened in real life. I'm still wondering if the third one will ever happen, since it appeared more like supernatural compared to the first two events in that dream.

That is an interesting dream. I have witnessed dreams that came true in my life as well. I am also wondering about a couple of experiences as well - Wondering whether they will or have come true and I'm unaware of it.

Ps82

I've only had time to read the first page of this thread (will read more later today), but I just wanted to say AMEN, yes He does give dreams and visions to people today. He is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow and no respector of persons, therefore we have a right to expect the same treatment.

The only limitations are what we place on ourselves through fear and unbelief, or allow carnally minded men to place on us, as a fowler's net to "trap" our spirit man.

I believe in them, because I've had them. It is a very comforting thing to that God is real, alive, knows what is going on in our lives, and is willing to have a personal relationship with us.

I'd like to ask Strefanash and icillian fenner:
What do you think of the record of visions and dreams recorded in the OT?

Burning Bush

RE: the dream of the constellations.......the scripture that came to me as I read it was, "behold I give unto you power over snakes and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you".....

However; I also think it could well be a pointing to a time that is coming. Just my two cents....

Ps82

RE: the dream of the constellations.......the scripture that came to me as I read it was, "behold I give unto you power over snakes and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you".....

However; I also think it could well be a pointing to a time that is coming. Just my two cents....

I appreciate your reading my dream. I certainly think it has a meaning ... and though I'm not personally 100 % sure ... I think that the Bullinger book called Witness of the Stars is probably the link to the answer.

I have not gone back to read more of the book ... have had eye surgery and not into reading a lot lately... but hoping soon.