Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Victim blaming's safe. Victim blaming's easy. Victim blaming is slick because it gives you the perspective of the victimizer. Someone who watches a clip from The Accused and reasons "Yeah, I totally see why they did it" is essentially confessing to what he would do in that situation: Participate, which is bad; or--in most cases, I'd wager--nothing, which in some ways is even worse.

Heck, I'll go ya one better. I've been guilty of what Jodi Foster was guilty of .....many many times, and I thank the Lord I wasn't raped. But, I'm not so blind or stupid as to think I was innocent. The other women there knew exactly what she was doing. It worked better than she wanted it to work. She wanted them to want her but not take her. Fortunately, most bars have bouncers or other men who would not tolerate a woman being raped or that would happen more often than it does. Common sense alone should tell you that.

genuineoriginal

You don't want to examine their behavior prior to the rape, like you are for the rape victim?
The behavior and tolerance of the behavior of everyone in the bar prior to the rape is what is turning our society into a factory that produces sexual deviants.

I believe everyone in the bar shares responsibility for what happened there.

I also believe that the rapists should have been put to death for their guilt in committing the crime.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
it appeared that they were looking at her with lust in their hearts
Did their behavior encourage her behavior?

if she had been smart, she would have gotten out of there before it went any further than that
If they had been smart, they would have gotten out of there before it went any further.

she wasn't smart
They weren't smart.

eta: if you'll notice, they weren't looking at the other two women in the bar with lust in their hearts
You don't know that.

i wonder what was different about Jodie Foster's character :think:
I wonder what was different about their character.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Victim blaming's safe. Victim blaming's easy. Victim blaming is slick because it gives you the perspective of the victimizer. Someone who watches a clip from The Accused and reasons "Yeah, I totally see why they did it" is essentially confessing to what he would do in that situation: Participate, which is bad; or--in most cases, I'd wager--nothing, which in some ways is even worse.

An actual *man* would never think those thoughts. Something about loving thy neighbor and all. Those males in the movie were not men.

A decent, moral person wouldn't make excuses for the rapists via victim blaming.

Have you noticed how little has been said about the good ole boys in that movie or rapists in general? Very little or no condemnation whatsoever. Rather telling.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If they had been smart, they would have gotten out of there before it went any further.

They weren't smart.

You don't know that.

I wonder why ALL the men in the bar did not participate? :think:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The behavior and tolerance of the behavior of everyone in the bar prior to the rape is what is turning our society into a factory that produces sexual deviants.

I believe everyone in the bar shares responsibility for what happened there.

I also believe that the rapists should have been put to death for their guilt in committing the crime.

:first:

i suspect most of this post will get ignored and you'll be accused of wanting to slutshame women who act like sluts

Granite

Hall of Fame
An actual *man* would never think those thoughts. Something about loving thy neighbor and all. Those males in the movie were not men.

A decent, moral person wouldn't make excuses for the rapists via victim blaming.

Have you noticed how little has been said about the good ole boys in that movie or rapists in general? Very little or no condemnation whatsoever. Rather telling.

I don't see how you can take a look at a rape victim after she's been brutalized and say "You were wrong."

bybee

Heck, I'll go ya one better. I've been guilty of what Jodi Foster was guilty of .....many many times, and I thank the Lord I wasn't raped. But, I'm not so blind or stupid as to think I was innocent. The other women there knew exactly what she was doing. It worked better than she wanted it to work. She wanted them to want her but not take her. Fortunately, most bars have bouncers or other men who would not tolerate a woman being raped or that would happen more often than it does. Common sense alone should tell you that.

So a woman's job and responsibility is to be unprovocative?
I would posit that the only way that can happen is if women never come into the presence of men.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

of course - she was loving the attention

They weren't smart.

no kidding

You don't know that.

i'm going by what's shown in the film

i believe that this whole debacle started off with a discussion of "rape culture"

Granite

Hall of Fame
So a woman's job and responsibility is to be unprovocative?
I would posit that the only way that can happen is if women never come into the presence of men.

Uh, duh. Cover yourself up. You're a woman, which makes you responsible by proxy for this entire mess. It's your kind who brought sin into the world, and that's why you're punished with pain.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder why ALL the men in the bar did not participate? :think:
Well good grief, Rusha!
Don't go there!
Maybe they were just weak and cowardly for not giving the girl what she was asking for.

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.