Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

Actually, she and the rest of us understand all too well. IF this were any other discussion that didn't center on rape, no one would be suggesting that homeowners are at fault for the actions of a thief.

People should be responsible for doing the RIGHT thing. That means that all the misogynistic excuses for rape are just that ... excuses.

Under the current scenario presented, women playing volleyball on the beach in their bikinis should expect to be raped because men are too weak to control their urges. A woman in a business suit should expect to be followed home and raped because she didn't have a good enough security system.

You have just stated one of the most important truths so far!

"People should be responsible for doing the RIGHT thing"!
That just hit me right between the eyes!
Thanks Rusha!:first:

Quetzal

The real crux is that I should not live my life in accordance with what a minority of people (criminals) might do. I believe this applies to everyone. If you have a dress you like and think you look good in, you should wear it. Do not limit your own freedoms because you believe that you will be somehow responsible for someone else taking action against you. By the same token, if I want to purchase a new truck, the primary thought in my mind should not be "I wonder if I should purchase a '85 beater instead because a thief might steal this."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Actually, she and the rest of us understand all too well. IF this were any other discussion that didn't center on rape, no one would be suggesting that homeowners are at fault for the actions of a thief.

unless they acted negligently

People should be responsible for doing the RIGHT thing.

like minimizing risk, knowing that there are bad people out there

That means that all the misogynistic excuses for rape are just that ... excuses.

and despite being repeatedly challenged, you have yet to produce a single instance of anybody involved in this discussion excusing rape

not a single one

Under the current scenario presented, women playing volleyball on the beach in their bikinis should expect to be raped

that's an incredibly foolish thing to say

it means you're either not trying to understand what's being said, you're not able to understand what's being said or you're deliberately
misrepresenting what's being said

which is it?

are you lazy, retarded or dishonest?

genuineoriginal

And some retards keep perpetuating the stigma, rather than correct it.
The problem is that you refuse to understand why the stigma is there.

Historically, there was not much difference between civilized people and savage people.

Rules were established in societies to ensure that the people in the society behave in a civilized fashion.
Traditionally, a boundary called marriage is placed on sexual relationships to draw the line between who you are allowed to have sex with (your spouse) and who you are not allowed to have sex with (anyone not your spouse).

There was always the possibility that your neighbors and the people in the next village were savages that would not respect the boundaries required to have a civilized society, so women were protected from assault by the menfolk of their families.

In our society, we have broken this boundary called marriage and established a sexual free for all where anyone and everyone is fair game as a sexual partner.

This broken boundary breeds savage sexual deviants in much greater numbers than seen before, causing a much greater likelihood of everyone to be sexually assaulted and raped.
No longer are menfolk protecting the women in their families, instead women leave their families and live alone among the civilized and savage people around them.

Flaunting yourself in front of the savages that are around you puts you in danger of becoming the target of these savages.
Yes, they are savages and may have targeted you anyway, but it is much more likely that you will become the target if you flaunt yourself and put your goods on display in front of the savages.

ok doser

The problem is that you refuse to understand why the stigma is there.

Historically, there was not much difference between civilized people and savage people.

Rules were established in societies to ensure that the people in the society behave in a civilized fashion.
Traditionally, a boundary called marriage is placed on sexual relationships to draw the line between who you are allowed to have sex with (your spouse) and who you are not allowed to have sex with (anyone not your spouse).

There was always the possibility that your neighbors and the people in the next village were savages that would not respect the boundaries required to have a civilized society, so women were protected from assault by the menfolk of their families.

In our society, we have broken this boundary called marriage and established a sexual free for all where anyone and everyone is fair game as a sexual partner.

This broken boundary breeds savage sexual deviants in much greater numbers than seen before, causing a much greater likelihood of everyone to be sexually assaulted and raped.
No longer are menfolk protecting the women in their families, instead women leave their families and live alone among the civilized and savage people around them.

Flaunting yourself in front of the savages that are around you puts you in danger of becoming the target of these savages.
Yes, they are savages and may have targeted you anyway, but it is much more likely that you will become the target if you flaunt yourself and put your goods on display in front of the savages.

:thumb:

i suspect you will now be accused of siding with the savages :dizzy:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No thanks needed. It's quite apparent for anyone with a working brain (or someone who doesn't have an agenda) that these rape threads have been made for the sole purpose of excusing rapists (who are normally men) from doing the WRONG thing.

The *wrong thing* in this case is a CRIMINAL action of sexual abuse.

People can continue to put up their smoke screen, but when all is said and done, no loving or caring parent/friend/spouse, etc. would sit calmly by and tell their loved one "you had it coming".

This thread is about an agenda ... similar to the one that the Phelp's clan had when they use to protest at military funerals. It's all in the name of hatred.

Quetzal

i'll bet you take your key out of the ignition and lock your doors when you go to the store
I do, but I do not filter what I wear because I believe it will somehow trigger a sleeper rapist somewhere. You are all about specifics until someone challenges you, then you broaden your argument to try to encompass it. The bottom line is all crime isn't equal and each one has specifics that make them unique. You have presented your argument and I have presented mine. Will have to agree to disagree this time. :cheers:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The real crux is that I should not live my life in accordance with what a minority of people (criminals) might do. I believe this applies to everyone. If you have a dress you like and think you look good in, you should wear it. Do not limit your own freedoms because you believe that you will be somehow responsible for someone else taking action against you. By the same token, if I want to purchase a new truck, the primary thought in my mind should not be "I wonder if I should purchase a '85 beater instead because a thief might steal this."

What is so interesting about what you stated is that anti-gun advocates argue that if guns are outlawed, deaths will decrease and thereby blame responsible gun owners for the actions of criminals.

However, because this is about a violent act of sex that is normally towards women, criminals are no longer solely responsible for their actions. Double standard much?

Oh what tangled web they weave ....................................

Quetzal

What is so interesting about what you stated is that anti-gun advocates argue that if guns are outlawed, deaths will decrease and thereby blame responsible gun owners for the actions of criminals.

However, because this is about a violent act of sex that is normally towards women, criminals are no longer solely responsible for their actions. Double standard much?

Oh what tangled web they weave ....................................
Great point.

ok doser

"criminals are no longer solely responsible for their actions"

this is a misrepresentation

you know this, as it has been explained to you repeatedly

the fact that you continue with this misrepresentation demonstrates your dishonesty

Great point.

it's a wonderful point, if anybody was making that argument

but nobody is

glorydaz

You dont appear to understand.

Be careful with those types of comments. They may be construed as a position of superiority.
Very few people care for that.

And who decides what is contributory? A troglodyte misogynist or a hard hearted amazon?

Of course I do! Why would I deny the truth!
I find your smug, judgmental, self-righteousness to be contemptible!
What you need is of no consequence to me.

It really is too much for you isn't it?

Yeah, ClimateSanity, clearly you don't know what's good for the goose is not good for the gander. :)

Clearly, talking to most women about rape is like talking to LIBS about Gun Free Zones. Reason does not compute. :carryon:

Quetzal

Is this the part where I say "because I left my phone in the car." and you throw the confetti while yelling "AH AH! So you DO live your life in accordance to criminals!" The fact that you truncate my posts and refuse to at least discuss my argument in full illustrates your inability to do so. It's okay, I understand.

genuineoriginal

The problem isn't clarity. I understand your point. It can apply to some situations, but I am not ready to apply that logic to victims of rape.
Some people are able to think rationally, even about a horrific crime like rape.
Other people are not ready to do so.

glorydaz

Yeah, so it's right to leave your doors unlocked. And it's right to strip at frat parties. And it's right to tell people they are not responsible for their own actions. Gotcha :thumb:

Quetzal

Some people are able to think rationally, even about a horrific crime like rape.
Other people are not ready to do so.
I do not believe placing sole responsibility on the criminal for their actions is an irrational train of thought.

Last edited:

ok doser

Clearly, talking to most women about rape is like talking to LIBS about Gun Free Zones. Reason does not compute. :carryon:

can't figure out if liberalism attracts those with poor reasoning skills or if embracing liberalism creates poor reasoning skills

must be the first, because nobody with good reasoning skills would embrace liberalism in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.