Don't be Jewish be Christian

chair

"Judaism" is a "nothing burger". It has been impossible to practice Judaism since 70 A.D. at the destruction of the Temple. No Temple/Tabernacle = No Judaism.
You can claim to be some sort of blood-bond or "tribal" association, but the Religion of Judaism hasn't existed for almost 2 millennia.
BTW, there are some Jews who accept Matthew's Gospel, and the book of Revelation is approved reading in some sects of "Judaism".

What you are really saying is that Judaism as you think it ought to be doesn't exist. Goody for you!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov;5127214 said:
Jacob belongs to a messianic Judaism congregation in Tacoma, Washington; T’shuvat Yisrael Messianic Congregation, if I recall correctly. What he doesn’t seem to understand is that messianic Judaism is a sect of chr-stianity, created by chr-stians. Messianic Judaism is one of the 44,000 denominations of chr-stianity. Followers of messianic Judaism are nothing more than gentile chr-stians who like to play dress up. Messianic Judaism is about as kosher as a roast pork sandwich with Swiss cheese and a side of fried clams and steamed oysters.

He doesn’t seem to understand that a chr-stian “converting” to messianic Judaism is converting to nothing. How does a chr-stian convert to another sect of chr-stianity? If you believe in j-sus you are a chr-stian. If you believe in the non-testament, you are a chr-stian. He obviously cannot see the forest through the trees.
I am not Messianic.

I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah. But I do not agree with all Messianic doctrine.

beameup

What you are really saying is that Judaism as you think it ought to be doesn't exist. Goody for you!
No, Judaism was totally redefined by Jews in the 2nd century CE following the banning of all Jews from Jerusalem and Judea and the total destruction of any remnants of a Temple. Current "Judaism" has abandoned Moses (Torah) with perhaps the exception of the dietary aspect. However, at some future point, Mosaic Judaism will be reestablished with blood sacrifices resumed in a rebuilt Temple.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh! Okay. Well, the fact is everyone is a descendant of Abraham, that is why Christianity is a spiritual joining with the Holy Spirit rather than a physical genetic bond to the tribe of Abraham or Judah etc.
Shalom.

I do not believe that everyone is a descendant of Abraham.

Shalom.

Jacob

chair

I missed this post sorry. No it's not me. Names are irrelevant to genetics and maths. Can you really not understand it?

I watched most of it. He makes a some major assumptions. Rather pathetic, really. What is the point? Why this horrible drive to prove that "I am really Jewish"?

WatchmanOnTheWall

I watched most of it. He makes a some major assumptions. Rather pathetic, really. What is the point? Why this horrible drive to prove that "I am really Jewish"?

There is one reasonable assumption which is the average time between generations, the rest is straight forward maths and statistics.

The reason I am proving that we are all from one of the tribes of Jacob is because most Christians read:

Revelation 7:3
“Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel."

And think that some how you have to be Jewish to be in the 144,000 but there are two major wrong assumptions they make by doing so:

1. Jews only come from the tribe of Judah and not the other 11 tribes.

But putting this mistake to one side there is the much bigger mistake:

2. Only Christian's can be part of God's Eternal Kingdom, Jews and all the other so called tribes (that don't exist genetically speaking anyway) will all go to Hell.

Revelations is clear that the 144,000 will rule with Christ on Earth during His Millennial reign:

Revelation 20
4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Abraham came after Noah. We are all descended from Noah.

Yes I know that but the statistical chance of someone not being related to Jacob is almost impossible, you would have more chance of winning the Lotto twice. Do you not understand the mathematics?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes I know that but the statistical chance of someone not being related to Jacob is almost impossible, you would have more chance of winning the Lotto twice. Do you not understand the mathematics?
I do not see how talking about genealogies would prove that all people are descended from Jacob.

chair

It proves that statistically we virtually (99.999999999999%) all have some of Jacob, Isaac and Abraham's DNA. It's mathematically impossible not to have it.

It proves no such thing. He oversimplifies things to an absurd degree. Totally ignores how populations don't mix. How can an Aborigine in Australia be descended from someone who lived in the Middle East 3,000 years ago?

It is pseudoscience.

WatchmanOnTheWall

It proves no such thing. He oversimplifies things to an absurd degree. Totally ignores how populations don't mix. How can an Aborigine in Australia be descended from someone who lived in the Middle East 3,000 years ago?

It is pseudoscience.

You obviously didn't watch it all because that is addressed specifically.