ECT Does Romans 9 support Individual Election?

Right Divider

Body part
RD,
really. The reason for debating about the new covenant is that it was about the forgivenss of sins. You can't claim it to be for the land of Israel when it is observed everywhere in the NT as having to do with forgivenss of sins: the last supper, I cor 10, Heb 8-10.
You can't read Hebrews 8 and NOT see that the NEW COVENANT is between GOD and ISRAEL.

You must be suffering from some severe mental problems to continue to deny the CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS text there AND in where it is QUOTED FROM in Jeremiah.

Funny stuff?

There are only two options you can have in D'ism, as stated above:

the forgiveness is only for Israel
2, the new covenant is only about the restoration of Israel.

Neither of which are true. Because of their 'only's.
Forgiveness of sin is NOT limited to the new covenant.

The body of Christ receives forgiven by the blood and NOT by any covenant.

Rom 5:9, Eph 2:13, Col 1:20

Interplanner

You can't read Hebrews 8 and NOT see that the NEW COVENANT is between GOD and ISRAEL.

You must be suffering from some severe mental problems to continue to deny the CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS text there AND in where it is QUOTED FROM in Jeremiah.

Forgiveness of sin is NOT limited to the new covenant.

The body of Christ receives forgiven by the blood and NOT by any covenant.

Rom 5:9, Eph 2:13, Col 1:20

That's nonsense because the shedding of Christ's blood was a covenant-cutting ceremony, cosmic scale. You know so little. "I will make you a covenant for the nations." "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me."

Rom 5:9 is not contra a covenant.

Nor are the other two; remember your argument that silence or absence of reference does not mean ______? Hey now its your turn to apply that.

BUt these other passages don't matter because HEBREWS 9-10 is the official interp of Heb 8 and repeats some of the Jeremiah material. You don't sound like Heb 9-10 and you don't sound like you know it is there. Show me that it is.

I hope you don't mean body of Christ as in BOC because that is another form of D'ist dementia, conflicting with fundamental NT passages.

"This cup is the new covenant in my blood." Well yeah!

"This is my blood of the covenant which is poured out for many." Well yeah!

It was a covenant and it was the blood. I don't know what your problem is, but you don't submit to the NT.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That's nonsense because the shedding of Christ's blood was a covenant-cutting ceremony, cosmic scale. You know so little. "I will make you a covenant for the nations." "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me."

Rom 5:9 is not contra a covenant.

Nor are the other two; remember your argument that silence or absence of reference does not mean ______? Hey now its your turn to apply that.

BUt these other passages don't matter because HEBREWS 9-10 is the official interp of Heb 8 and repeats some of the Jeremiah material. You don't sound like Heb 9-10 and you don't sound like you know it is there. Show me that it is.

I hope you don't mean body of Christ as in BOC because that is another form of D'ist dementia, conflicting with fundamental NT passages.

"This cup is the new covenant in my blood." Well yeah!

"This is my blood of the covenant which is poured out for many." Well yeah!

It was a covenant and it was the blood. I don't know what your problem is, but you don't submit to the NT.

These poor people have no concept of salvation being the product of Godly PROMISE.

(Because they only focus on the temporal promises God made to the nation of Israel and indeed kept centuries ago.)

Why???

Other than being distracted and deceived, they are being held prisoners under God's judgment and imposition of delusion.

Why ???

Because by nature they still possess no true love God and His Truth. They are bereft of His guiding Spirit in these matters.

This kind of unbelief is not a pleasant thing to witness . . .

Interplanner

These poor people have no concept of salvation being the product of Godly PROMISE.

(Because they only focus on the temporal promises God made to the nation of Israel and indeed kept centuries ago.)

Why???

Other than being distracted and deceived, they are being held prisoners under God's judgment and imposition of delusion.

Why ???

Because by nature they still possess no true love God and His Truth. They are bereft of His guiding Spirit in these matters.

This kind of unbelief is not a pleasant thing to witness . . .

Yeah right, I just try to 'reason with them from the scriptures' Acts 17:2

glorydaz

All the Christians I have met in my lifetime, have walked in willing obedience. In fact, that is one of the ways we can know a person's faith is genuine, when obedience is evident.

Oh, they weren't out killing people or they were heading off to Nigeria to preach the Gospel? Which?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Oh, they weren't out killing people or they were heading off to Nigeria to preach the Gospel? Which?

With remarks like this, you reveal a lack of having a circle of Christian friends or fellowship with real persons of devout lifestyle, that prove to be truly biblical and spiritual.

Sorry for you . . .

glorydaz

With remarks like this, you reveal a lack of having a circle of Christian friends or fellowship with real persons of devout lifestyle, that prove to be truly biblical and spiritual.

Sorry for you . . .

I have a wonderful circle of Christian friends, but like God's UNtruth, you focus on man's obedience without saying what it is they are obeying. I give you the chance to put up or shut up and you can't do it....can you? You are left to find fault with me (even though you have no clue of who my friends are). You imagine evil in others and can't even say what it is you and your "truly biblical " folks "obey". :loser:

glorydaz

All the Christians I have met in my lifetime, have walked in willing obedience. In fact, that is one of the ways we can know a person's faith is genuine, when obedience is evident.

You most probably are unable to define "statute."

Nang is such a riot. She talks about others, but can't even give us one example of that "obedience" that is so "evident" from all the Christians she has met in her lifetime. She can know a person's faith in genuine by that obedience, but can't give us any evidence of it. :popcorn:

Interplanner

You don't post scripture, you give muddled commentary

My post today was on THREE SPECIFIC VERSES OF ACTS 5 and why they are a clarification of the longer proclamations by Peter in 2 and 3. You don't know what you are talking about.

I also posted on the 1st miracle of the set of 4 in Mark 2 because of Stuu's denial of the resurrection. I'm not saying I'm the best communicator, but I wrote on those specific passages today.

If you're going to make this complaint to me, please post a complaint about RD, STP, Tam and Must for their bludgeoning of Heb 8 by simply not following or submitting to what is said in Heb 9-10

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nang is such a riot. She talks about others, but can't even give us one example of that "obedience" that is so "evident" from all the Christians she has met in her lifetime. She can know a person's faith in genuine by that obedience, but can't give us any evidence of it. :popcorn:
Obedience is watching TV and posting on TOL?