ECT Does Romans 9 support Individual Election?

Interplanner

The OT was a picture of what had happened, what was happening, and what would happen.
The NT does the same.

Why are you so obtuse and obstinately against what the NT says? The law was the shadow; Christ is the reality. That's what Col and Hebrews say together.

I have tried to tell you this for months. don't bother reexpressing the same thing over and over if you are going to treat the OT as though it was unveiled AS IS. It changes in Christ.

There are no 'pictures' in the NT!!! There is the tension between what we have not yet recieved and still hope for, but none of the things we have recieved now will be discarded. As is the case with the already set aside old covenant.

That is what I mean when the NT has no 'need' to do anything with Judaism or in Judea.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only way God can put his laws in peoples hearts as in the new covenant is through the power of Christ's atonement for them.
Have you tweeted to GOD that that is the only way He can do it?
I feel a whirlwind coming your way.

Interplanner

Have you tweeted to GOD that that is the only way He can do it?
I feel a whirlwind coming your way.

Tam that is the exact meaning of your fav passage which you site over and over again but have no idea what it is saying. The 'written on your heart' is an expression Paul used many times for the regenerative work of the spirit in Romans and so on, no matter what race the person was. You are continually out of touch with the text, with the inter-references, with the grammar, etc.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not, you are.
I believe all of it right down to it telling us exactly, and point blank, whom the new covenant was made with.
Leaving no ambiguity or guesswork about it.

"no ambiguity", that's the word! ....and that's th' truth!

If GOD had meant for us to understand His word in some way other than the plain sense, He should have supplied a handbook for interpreting the Scriptures to find out that they don't really mean what they plainly say.

Interplanner

"no ambiguity", that's the word! ....and that's th' truth!

If GOD had meant for us to understand His word in some way other than the plain sense, He should have supplied a handbook for interpreting the Scriptures to find out that they don't really mean what they plainly say.

He did. It's in the commentary on ch 8 in chs 9-10 about which you are total clutzes. You are D'ist slaves and prooftexters. You find one line and shazzam you think D'ism is true instead of seeing HOW the passages was meant and meant to be fulfilled.

"Sacrifice and offering you did not desirre,
but a body you prepared for me...

Then I said, 'Here I am--It is written about me
in the scroll--
I have come to do your will, O God."

That is how the new covenant was fulfilled and enacted. You'd have to be insane to miss it. That is why at the last supper he spoke of the sacrifice of his BODY, broken for you. Not the 'body' of the state of Israel. Nor for the restoration of the state of Israel.

You do not have the 'right' of finding one prooftext and saying that is all the NT says. You have to put them all together on this topic and generalize what they say.

"Details without generalizations are bewildering and misguiding;
generalizations without exceptions are platitudes."
--Dennis Prager

Right Divider

Body part
Yours end up in nonsense about atonement for sin.
You are a liar.

You have only 2 options: atonement is only for Israel, or the new covenant is only about land, not atonement. Both are rubbish. You can claim your pedestal as the world's only correct reader of the Bible, but it is comical.
:french:

That's some funny stuff, right there.

Jesus died for all sin. But that does NOT cancel any of the promises that God made to Israel.

The great news of the NT is that the Gospel of Christ atones for the sins of all who believe. I hope you will believe that that is what the NT is about and get on with your life.
You can just KEEP ignoring the CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS text in Jeremiah and Hebrews if you like, but that just makes you dumb.

SaulToPaul 2

Tam that is the exact meaning of your fav passage which you site over and over again but have no idea what it is saying. The 'written on your heart' is an expression Paul used many times for the regenerative work of the spirit in Romans and so on, no matter what race the person was. You are continually out of touch with the text, with the inter-references, with the grammar, etc.

"I shall cause them to walk in my statutes..."

You do not know anyone who God is causing to walk in his statutes. Fess up. Come clean.
Go back to the drawing board.

Interplanner

You are a liar.

:french:

That's some funny stuff, right there.

Jesus died for all sin. But that does NOT cancel any of the promises that God made to Israel.

You can just KEEP ignoring the CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS text in Jeremiah and Hebrews if you like, but that just makes you dumb.

RD,
really. The reason for debating about the new covenant is that it was about the forgivenss of sins. You can't claim it to be for the land of Israel when it is observed everywhere in the NT as having to do with forgivenss of sins: the last supper, I cor 10, Heb 8-10.

Funny stuff?

There are only two options you can have in D'ism, as stated above:

the forgiveness is only for Israel
2, the new covenant is only about the restoration of Israel.

Neither of which are true. Because of their 'only's.

Interplanner

Sorry, STP with 1000 ignored posts. You may as well wait until there is reason to hear you. For me, there is not. You don't think clearly and you are not honest.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"I shall cause them to walk in my statutes..."

You do not know anyone who God is causing to walk in his statutes. Fess up. Come clean.
Go back to the drawing board.

All the Christians I have met in my lifetime, have walked in willing obedience. In fact, that is one of the ways we can know a person's faith is genuine, when obedience is evident.