Does Romans 7:1-3 affirm different rules for women and men regarding adultery?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Agnostic (lit. without knowledge)] Serpent Dove, Sonnet has no heart problem. He has faith the size of a mustard seed.
Faith of a mustard seed :idunno: brain of a mustard seed Ps 14:1

...How can you keep turning Sonnet[']s eyes to his flesh, when he is struggling to turn his eyes to Jesus?
No struggle. :idunno: He is perfectly content encouraging others to be as vile as he is (Ro 1:32).

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

No struggle. :idunno: He is perfectly content encouraging others to be as vile as he is (Ro 1:32).

Serpent Dove,

Are we not all darkness and the light is Jesus, do we not see how utter our collective darkness is.

He is the Light and we are the Darkness.

He is the oil and fire, and we are merely the clay lamps.

Would you have Sonnet believe that you are the Light?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

How can you not see that you are transgressing the decree of your name?

Every word of flesh that you speak is being wise as a dove and as harmless as a serpent.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Is there not only One who's flesh was acceptable by God?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Serpent Dove,

Are we not all darkness and the light is Jesus...
No, I'm not in darkness (Eph 5:11, Ro 13:12). :idunno: Are you in darkness?

But Elymas the sorcerer (for so his name is translated) withstood them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith. Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? Ac 13:8–11

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I am perplexed by your post NIG. To reach the point of trust then, presumably, scripture should 'add up'.
All I seem to see from Christians is division and contention.

MAybe I should lay off this because I just seem to be adding to the problem.

Please don't be afraid of your words. They're not your words.

2 Timothy 1:7 (HCSB)

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.

God speaks through you and indeed your words our of a Spirit of powe.. Even if you don't see it, I know!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

But Elymas the sorcerer (for so his name is translated) withstood them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith. Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? Ac 13:8–11

I am darkness, but He is the light that shines through me and on to me.

He is my sole hope.

I cling to Him like a Lover clings to their Love.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Darkness is wretched. Paul called himself wretched and the chief of sinners. How can you twist his Christ glorifying words to fit the pride of self righteousness?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...I cling to Him like a Lover clings to their Love.

You're a poet. Don't cha know it?

static-cling1.jpg

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

So, If we transgress one point of Moses, we are guilty of all 613.

One of those is same sex passions.

You tip that meter according to scripture as much as any one else does.

............. Do you acknowledge that Paul called himself wretched?

Flaminggg

BANNED
Banned
Now let's free verse it a bit.

David becomes anointed.

Two things occur that are specific and build forward.

1) David becomes Saul's comfort.

2) Israel is afraid of the champion of the Philistines.

Might I ask you to briefly expound on these matters from your perspective, and simultaneously link these events to Christ in your own words?

(Grace and the Law was eventually expounded on in the New Testament, before this, we have the Expounding of Precepts about Matrimony ... going to make a few statements, you need to keep in mind, that God did not change the First Commandment to Love God with all Your Heart (Always the Same), and the Second Commandment to Love your Person as the Church (Modified in the New Testament) in the Old Testament Language of Matrimony Parables to address "Grace and the Law", so when you talk about "Wife Taking and Pologamy", this is a point of contention with the New Testament change to the Second Commandment)

Grace = Hearing of the Word used to reprove our Hearts ... ... ... ... We use the Impersonal Nature of God's Written Word to remove Sin from our Testimony (we don't rely solely on signs and visions)
Law = Keeping of our Person in a Holy Standard, we are Unequally Yolked with Unbelievers ... ... ... ... We use the Due Processes of the Law to remove Sin from our Lives (we don't rely solely on elders or the church, this is the New Testament Change)

The Difference between the Old Testament when Jesus was not fully revealed, and the New Testament when Jesus is fully revealed is very simply the reliance on others that includes the church in seeking intercession for our trial of faith in seeking Jesus as the payment for sin, that reflects in our acceptance of Jesus as the Payment for Sin in the Old and New Testaments ................... This is bushy language, what I mean to say to you is, if you have not accepted Jesus as the payment for sin in the Old and New Testaments, then your Testimony is in Sin and this is Self Evident to those that witness with you, and also you will more than likely attack the Person of others in their walk of faith ................ This is also bushy language when we say you have not accepted the Body of Jesus, because you only See Angels, that is you only see value in the Old Testament when God only used Angels, now when the New Testament Began and God used the Body of Jesus to complete his Gospel in the Old and New Testaments, if we are in sin then we have not found Jesus and we have been lead away in the lust of our hearts by evil spirits and angels, as they are now only reproofs for us in seeking the Body of Jesus.

1. David Became Saul's Comfort in playing music and singing prayers before him because he was acting as a intercessor for Saul's Stony Heart, Saul refused to accept the Gospel's Message of Salvation by the remission of Sin, you cannot serve as intercession in the New Testament for someone that refuses to Accept Jesus in their Heart, so this is a violation of the Second Commandment Change the New Testament Enacted. (God does not restrain sin in that way anymore, or use this as a mechanism to cause "Hearing of his Word" to circumvent a Stony Heart/Unrepentant Sinner)

2. God gave the Philistines the Ark, Why did God do this? The Answer is the Second Commandment "Love your Person as the Church" was not yet modified. This means that the Church fell into sin, and God was obligated to deliver the church from that sin............This mean that God gave his Ark to the Philistines to cause Isreal to Fear, and repent of their Sin.................God does not do this in the New Testament, if the church falls into sin, God does not go out of his way to correct it, they are simply used to further divide the Elect and the Believer in their walk of faith from the unbeliever and the sinner, to a higher degree.

3. (In Parenthesis) (God's Change to the Second Commandment, is only temporary, when the Events of Revelation takes place and God reveals the Body of Jesus or "Sign of Divorce" before the church and before the nations, it is to cause them to repent by Blood Sacrifice of Genetic Dan................Right now the church is unclean and taken in Adultery because the Second Commandment was Modified, but when the Events of Revelation begins, the Church is no Longer in Adultery because Christ is Risen, the Husband is no longer dead................God has to complete the conviction of the unbelievers and the sinners, right before he uses the Church to complete his declaration of mercy for the 5 Months of Revelation when God pays for the sins of the unbeliever and sinner as the completion of his discernment) (Right now the Church is a Women in Adultery, this is the New Testament ............. then the Church becomes a Man in the image of Jesus for the final End Gathering, this has not happened yet, but it will soon)

(Beyond these facts, you need to understand, most of the language of Matrimony that existed before the New Testament does not apply right now, also I want to call to your attention, that just because a person has not accepted Jesus into their Heart, this does not mean that person will not be given a New Soul, that is because Jesus Blesses the Work from time to time, to eliminate a Gospel of Suffering and Pain ............ what you need to understand, is the nature of the Work that Jesus uses to Bless the Unbeliever and Sinner as payment for their sin, instead of the "Hearing of the Word" which is seen through the observance of the first and second commandment, Jesus has rules about the extermination of Genetic Dan, and the "Sign of Divorce" to these ends ................. Whatever I have to say about "Grace and the Law" does not violation, Jesus's use of Work that he blesses to complete a person's Walk of Faith, all the same, Jesus has no allowance for Genetic Dan they must die, and if there is any other nation or country, we will also claim them for mercy.......................Because, God's Word is Written in your Heart already it is counted as a Law, and because your Person is Holy this is counted for Grace, this fact of the value that Jesus applies to our Lives, is the reason that Jesus blesses our work according to his standards in place of the "Hearing of his Word", this means that many will be tried during the Events of Revelation and that is the only way for many people, and many people cannot receive anything such as the Cursed Generation that Jesus does not value for salvation........... For these reasons alone Timothy calls the First Commandment the Impersonal Nature of the Law, and the Second Commandment the Due Processes of the Law ............ its not a double reference Timothy explains that Jesus substitutes the "Hearing of his Word" for the "Work that he Blesses", this should clear up everything completely (the Jew and Gentile Argument from Paul, as well as the Matrimony Based Arguments that existed prior, was not clear enough for God's Satisfaction to contend with Sin in the New Testament, for these reasons God allowed Timothy to Speak and to make all things Clear)

Interesting - thanks.

Also interesting. Ta.

1 Kings 15:5
For David had done what was right in the eyes of the Lord and had not failed to keep any of the Lord’s commands all the days of his life—except in the case of Uriah the Hittite.

Why is David not rebuked for his polygamy prior to his adultery with Bathsheba? Why is his polygamy never described as adultery?

Why is Solomon's polygamy never described as adultery? And why is it that he is rebuked for being led astray for having foreign wives - but not for having wives per se. See 1 Kings 11ff.

The Second Commandment was not modified, therefore God allowed David to use Fornication to provide Chastisement to the Church because it has fell into sin. God does not function this way anymore as the Second Commandment has been modified...............this is the same for Solomon, now the reason that God rebuked Solomon for Foreign Wives was because they were not used by God to provide chastisement for the Church .......... Solomon had used them to illustrate his authority and God viewed that as a sin.................(the Antichrist does not need money, he does not need wives, he does not need to perform a work, either good or either bad, to solicit or invalidate the Events of Revelation, King David and Solomon were considered "Sons of God in the Line of the Levites".......the Antichrist is considered a "Son of God in the Line of Joseph", Joseph does not give the written law of the gospel, Joseph only states what is already written, thus God has enacted the Second Commandment Modification, until he allows the Church to serve as a Man for the repentance of the nations by Blood Sacrifice. (Joseph does not serve as "Man", God calls the Church a Man because he is revisiting his mercy for the euthanasia of all nations outside the "Sign of Divorce" ............. inces*, rap* and murde*, Genetic Dan solicits as well as the the portion of jews and the church, with the Antichrist is only a contribution to "Suicide by Antichrist", if God does not contain these people with euthanasia, you need to kill them, in order to maintain the peace and safety of the public, so far you are doing good, in connection with our nightly walks to keep these non-whit** tamed until such a time God reveals his "Sign of Divorce")

"But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man."

1. What would the woman be called in the case of her marrying another man whilst her husband was still alive?
2. How many husbands does she now have if she does as 1?
3. Is polygamy defined as having more than one spouse?

1. Nothing Fancy just Fornication, God calls the Church a Women at present, God does not use it to discern his law at present. However the Church operates this way anyway, and its counted as a sin, because Jesus is Not Risen, now when Jesus Body is Risen the church is no longer in Fornication (God called the Church an Adulterer (to observe the Law of Jesus, but to serve the People in their Walk of Faith), but the Church has fallen into Fornication (makes its own laws, and gives the people stumbling blocks).

2. Right now the Church is a Widow because Christ is not Risen (Temple Stones), so she is commanded to marry the nations and thus be in adultery, until God uses the Body of Jesus to proclaim his law and cause the nations to repent for the mercy God solicits through the "Sign of Divorce"/Body of Jesus.

3. (the Work based Gospel that Jesus Blesses, withstanding) Adultery is defined as not giving your heart to your spouse as the Gospel sees it, therefore it is the same as Polygamy or having more than one spouse, so we need to examine the context of the material to avoid confusion (and also observe the Second Commandment modification to avoid confusion).

So, If we transgress one point of Moses, we are guilty of all 613.

One of those is same sex passions.

You tip that meter according to scripture as much as any one else does.

............. Do you acknowledge that Paul called himself wretched?

God does not view life processes as a sin, nor does God view the sin others inflict on us as a sin for us, nor does God view our trial of faith as a sin............Furthermore, God Blesses our Work from time to time to substitute our "Hearing of the Word", God operates this way to eliminate the "Suffering and Pain" gospels that the unbeliever and sinner produce (I saw a few pictures and spilled some coffee on myself, or their kinds used a few people around me to cause me pain, although this is their motivation most of the time, God uses euthanasia to illustrate in part this behavior is entirely contrived)......................If you Transgress the Law of Moses are you Guilty of all, the Answer is No, God Gave the Impartial Law, which is the Old Testament, and this was Completed with Jesus, now God counts the Old Testament as a Sin for those that have not accepted Jesus to reprove their Hearing of both the Old Testament and New Testament. So if you offended the Law of Moses you are not Guilty of All, but if you offended the Law of Jesus then you are Guilty of all, then What is the Law of Jesus? (Love God, and Love Your Person = God Looks no further than your Walk of Faith, so this description is very narrow). Furthermore, if you offended Jesus and are guilty, then because, (Jesus does not count Steadfastness in the faith for righteousness, he blesses work for this reason), you are guilty of offending Jesus this does not mean Jesus will not provide remission of sin for you regardless. Now Offending the Law or Offending Jesus is not the same as the Unforgivable Sin, where Jesus refuses to pay for sin (Genetic Dan is such as cause, they live for a period and then die, that is all God's mercy for them, because this is true and the law, you need to understand their "Suicide by Antichrist" campaigns against me in false witnesses about God's Word, should not be heeded but in due time, God will bless the Antichrist as the Head of the Church for the Events of Revelation, it will not only be the Antichrist speaking, it will be God speaking for the Antichrist, to complete your reproof as you seek God's mercy in the Sign of Divorce) Love and Blessings (Genetic Dan uses Suffering and Pain, if not Terrorism then other assaults of the Law, or it will use confusion in attacking your understanding of the Law with the Antichrist, God will answer us soon, so there is no worry, right now, if you want to be faithful, then Accept Jesus and if you can't do that, then the Antichrist will tell you what God want's to see soon, hopefully, the spaceship + more God gives me in the new universe can travel to you all eventually)

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I am aware of your point. Nevertheless, Paul's statement about multiple marriage is a window into understanding polygamy. Since there aren't many verses that actually speak about this, then that is why I have brought it up.

I was asked to elaborate on my doubts regarding the Bible. Polygamy is one area that I find baffling.

Really baffling...

Multiple wives is not problematic for the New Testament believer other that being in a ministry leadership position.
I'm accepting applications

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

Multiple wives is not problematic for the New Testament believer other that being in a ministry leadership position.
I'm accepting applications

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

This is re Sonnet's post, which I couldn't trace down. But Paul is not validating multiple wives in the Rom 7 illustration!

I really don't know of any answer to the allowance for polygamy other than the casualties of war. while you are studying OT polygamy, you have to also work on the demographics of the lost males when you see what numbers are thrown into battles.

Not very much of this period has God's blessing, by the way. He didn't even want David to do a census. But He tolerated a lot. This is why it is very important to have closure to the whole old covenant system as the NT does. The believers who go around today with excitement about the land, temple, worship system of Israel aren't very realistic readers about the OT times.

I'm extremely stumped by your seeing polygamy in the NT, or more exactly, in NT period Judaism. There were no allowances for it in law. That's why the sharpest debate between Shammai and Hillel is not about polygamy but about remarriage, and serial is implied.

You would think that in I cor 7 there would be some discussion and there is not. Roman sexual practices were a completely different kind of problem, which one man--one woman also solved. There was bisexuality and cross-class sex that never 'counted' as adultery, because the servant/doulos class had no recourse.

Sonnet

Sonnet,

Division is the nature of man.

Please don't quit.

I'll quote the verse.

Galatians 5:19-21 (HCSB)

19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, moral impurity, promiscuity, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, 21 envy, drunkenness, carousing, and anything similar. tell you about these things in advance—as I told you before—that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

........... How do the bolded scriptures not agree with your evaluation?

You are speaking as Paul and Jesus.

Compare the spiritual implications of these works of the flesh in Galatians 5 to Matthew 23. They are identical.

I implore you to persevere on all of your observations.

You are speaking of a genuine issue that Paul warned about.

Carnal men are dividing over Carnal use of scripture, while denying the Power of God to Save and unify.

If anything, you are challenging professed followers of Jesus to get to know the genuine person of Jesus.

I don't know what you are asking of me.

Sonnet

You don't have an intellectual problem. You have a heart problem. Clearly, you are not interested in holiness.

Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin (Heb 3:12–13).

off topic

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what you are asking of me.
To spell it out plainly,

Compare the works of the flesh in Galatians 5 with Jesus's rebuke to the self righteous in Matthew 23. The self righteous have hijacked the simplicity of the gospel and are denying that God is concerned with all humanity.

Your questions are excellent. If you rock the boat in the process, you aren't causing division.

Jesus brought the sword.

People either admit their perpetual need for the sacrifice of God and or respond to the call of unconditional love, or they deny their need for God, and or harbor hatred in their hearts.

You are simply asking the right questions.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app