Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I disagree.

I see this generation, and I see the regeneration.

It's possible I'm correct.

No, you're dead wrong.

Not one verse in the NT with the phrase "this generation" refers to anyone other than the generation of Jesus' contemporaries.

whitestone

It only appears to be parroting because anyone who understands the Bible literally will come to the same basic conclusions as Darby did, without ever hearing of the man named Darby.

On the other hand, those who read the Bible with an allegorical interpretation, need someone to inform them of which made-up symbolic meaning is to be imposed on the text.

Yep, that guy Zechariah sure must have been confused when he said that their was one woman that was put into the basket and weighed Zechariah 5:9 KJV because he sure thought that the one woman would be weighed and that her candlestick would be put out Revelation 18:23 KJV ,,,

But then it has that "qualifier" in it to clarify it "two women came out" that is in ad70 one woman went in the basket and was weighed and then there was no more light in her(candle put out),then the voice of the bridegroom(Christ)nor the bride(church) was heard in her no more.

And then that guy Jesus he sure must have been a Darby follower to think that there were "Two",(qualifier again) but one of the "two" are clearly not of the "qualifier Jesus gives" when he clearly states one of them are of this house http://biblehub.com/greek/833.htm so one of them are and the other is not.

Now he states that he will make them both "one flock,one Shepard" but don't say when. Then there it is again in Revelation "two witnesses" Two, Two, Two, everywhere we look there are always "two witnesses" the witness of two is considered as true but the witness of one is not. It baffles me as to how some feel the necessity to make the point that their is only one when it is consistent throughout that there is supposed to be "two witnesses",,,

Well until the time comes for them to only be one when theres no need for the light of those candles Revelation 22:5 KJV ,,, lol them Darby followers with their "two witness mess" their just gonna have to get over all the "two stuff",,,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe, maybe not.

(Luke 11:32 KJV) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: ...

According to your theory, the men of Nineve are part of "this generation".

If so, how then does the men of Nineve (who you claim are already part of "this generation"), rise together with "this generation" and condemn "this generation (who you claim they are part of)?

SaulToPaul 2

(Luke 11:32 KJV) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: ...

According to your theory, the men of Nineve are part of "this generation".

If so, how then does the men of Nineve (who you claim are already part of "this generation"), rise together with "this generation" and condemn "this generation (who you claim they are part of)?

In reading the entire chapter, I see it differently than you.

Was the disciple of verse 1 evil?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, that guy Zechariah sure must have been confused when he said that their was one woman that was put into the basket and weighed Zechariah 5:9 KJV because he sure thought that the one woman would be weighed and that her candlestick would be put out Revelation 18:23 KJV ,,,

But then it has that "qualifier" in it to clarify it "two women came out" that is in ad70 one woman went in the basket and was weighed and then there was no more light in her(candle put out),then the voice of the bridegroom(Christ)nor the bride(church) was heard in her no more.

And then that guy Jesus he sure must have been a Darby follower to think that there were "Two",(qualifier again) but one of the "two" are clearly not of the "qualifier Jesus gives" when he clearly states one of them are of this house http://biblehub.com/greek/833.htm so one of them are and the other is not.

Now he states that he will make them both "one flock,one Shepard" but don't say when. Then there it is again in Revelation "two witnesses" Two, Two, Two, everywhere we look there are always "two witnesses" the witness of two is considered as true but the witness of one is not. It baffles me as to how some feel the necessity to make the point that their is only one when it is consistent throughout that there is supposed to be "two witnesses",,,

Well until the time comes for them to only be one when theres no need for the light of those candles Revelation 22:5 KJV ,,, lol them Darby followers with their "two witness mess" their just gonna have to get over all the "two stuff",,,,

First off, Zech 5 has nothing to do with Revelation 18.

Secondly, I hate to tell you this, but there were 3 women in Zech 5 (one in the basket, and two that carried the basket away)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Was the disciple of verse 1 evil?

Of course not.

Those Jews who accepted Jesus were not part of the evil generation of Jews that rejected and killed Him.

Jesus knew there were some good Jews amongst the evil generation. That's why He told them that when they saw Jerusalem surrounded, to head to the hills.

SaulToPaul 2

Of course not.

Those Jews who accepted Jesus were not part of the evil generation of Jews that rejected and killed Him.

Jesus knew there were some good Jews amongst the evil generation. That's why He told them that when they saw Jerusalem surrounded, to head to the hills.

11 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
11 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

You might want to check what "ye" means

whitestone

First off, Zech 5 has nothing to do with Revelation 18.

Secondly, I hate to tell you this, but there were 3 women in Zech 5 (one in the basket, and two that carried the basket away)

lol, yep them "two trees" Zechariah 4:11-14 KJV they don't match up nowhere not even Revelation. It is fun to try to take two witnesses and say it's just one,,well unless at some point you find you might need them to be two instead of one,,,but to each their own I see two witnesses the one to the circumcision,the other to the Gentile,,,but thats enough for now.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Hey TeT, I know that anybody you don't like, is more than likely on the right path.
I don't believe one iota of what you have to say. Your crazy belief that Christ
already returned in 70AD in the form of the Roman army is enough to prove
you're some kind of nutty type guy.

So explain why the Roman army held a Christian banner.

And explain why Israel is antiChristian to this very day.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see two witnesses the one to the circumcision,the other to the Gentile,,,but thats enough for now.

Back to Dispensationalism 101 for you.

Dispensationalism claims the church will have been raptured away before the two witnesses in Revelation make their appearance.

musterion

StP, fascinating point you raise. Genea can also mean an age.

It's also interesting that He said "this generation will not pass away," not "will not die."

Must :think: more on this...

john w

Hall of Fame
The Lord sat on His throne in 70AD.

Made up.

The Lord Jesus Christ is sitting at the right hand of God the Father, on God the Father's throne now-2 separate thrones/locations.

Revelation 3:21 KJVTo him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

The Lord Jesus Christ's throne-on earth-future:

Matthew 19:28 KJV And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Preterist scammer Craigie:Figurative...Allegory...After the flesh....Darby....You really think....?

You wicked scammer, perverter.