Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

SaulToPaul 2

You can claim it all you want, but you have zero verses that support your claim, and many verses that prove your claim wrong.

Nowhere in the Bible does "this generation" refer to people of many generations.

Go to biblegateway.com and do a search for "generations" (plural) in the KJV.

There is a reason why the word "generation" is used in the singular and plural.

You're taking the singular meaning, and claiming it is plural.

What you are doing makes no sense.

You're only doing it because your trying to force the verses to fit your Dispensationalism.

So, this has 0% possibility of being true?:

1. Generation- all time before the regeneration, the 2nd coming
2. The Regeneration- all time after Christ comes

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, this has 0% possibility of being true?:

Less than zero

1. Generation- all time before the regeneration, the 2nd coming

Not supported by one verse in the Bible.

2. The Regeneration- all time after Christ comes

Again, the definition of "regeneration" is "new birth"

The Apostle Paul used the word:

(Titus 3:5 KJV) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The Apostle Paul was not referring to a specific group of people after the second coming.

SaulToPaul 2

Again, the definition of "regeneration" is "new birth"

The Regeneration is referring to Christ coming, and judging the nations, and twelve ruling the twelve tribes of Israel.

I see a contrast between this generation and the regeneration.

I see it as a possibility.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Regeneration is referring to Christ coming, and judging the nations, and twelve ruling the twelve tribes of Israel.

Ok, but it doesn't refer to a specific generation of people.

It's means a "new birth", a "new era".

If you didn't deny the NC, maybe you would understand it.

I see a contrast between this generation and the regeneration.

Again, every time the phrase "this generation" was used by Jesus, it referred to the specific generation of His contemporaries.

I see it as a possibility.

If you took of your MAD sunglasses, you would very easily see what "this generation" refers to.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And, this generation could refer to the present era.

Again, there is not one verse in the Bible that supports your claim that "this generation" refers to the present era.

EVERY TIME Jesus said "this generation", He was specifically referring to the generation of His contemporaries.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
google "John Nelson Darby", and everyone will be able to see where all the stuff you parrot on TOL came from.

It only appears to be parroting because anyone who understands the Bible literally will come to the same basic conclusions as Darby did, without ever hearing of the man named Darby.

On the other hand, those who read the Bible with an allegorical interpretation, need someone to inform them of which made-up symbolic meaning is to be imposed on the text.