Does God know the future?

DEVO

Documenting mans devolution
Agape4Robin said:
And another thing.........all events in my life have shaped me so that I may be who I am today. To God be the glory!
Even the event of me offending you?

drbrumley

Z Man said:
Ah, you must be one of 'em.

Ah, yes. But who was going to do the 'dirty' work of actually killing Him? Someone had to do it, and God picked them.

Acts 4:27-28
For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done.

Thats right, Z

You think it is possible for God to know who Satan has altered? Then? Not a millenia ago?

Z Man

Knight said:
Oh man, this just keeps getting better. :chuckle:

Let me go slower so maybe you can understand . . .

YES or NO does anything ever happen that is not part of God's plan that He ordained a millennia ago?
Instead of going down the road to Dumbville where you are the Mayor, why don't we get back on track and you face the truth in the Scriptures I posted a long time ago?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Z Man said:
Instead of going down the road to Dumbville where you are the Mayor, why don't we get back on track and you face the truth in the Scriptures I posted a long time ago?
Coward.

DEVO

Agape4Robin said:
Only jerky people..........
That's good to hear.

So you called me a jerk because you call jerky people jerks. And I can only assume that you think I am "jerky" because I offended you Correct?

nancy

BANNED
Banned
I can understand where open theism is coming from. You are trying to understand God in a more intimate relationship with humans and I commend you for that, but you don't have to destroy predestination to do it.

What in fact you are doing is molding God down into human for to make Him more understandale to us, but in the process you are creating a pantheistic new age type view of god.

drbrumley

OK, just out of curiousity, ZMan and Robin

Is it your contention the events of September 11th were preordained from the beginning of time? Is it Gods fault for allowing that event, or someone else's? If someone else, who?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Only jerky people..........

He was predestined by Almighty God to offend you Robin. I suggest you take it up with Him.

drbrumley

nancy said:
I can understand where open theism is coming from. You are trying to understand God in a more intimate relationship with humans and I commend you for that, but you don't have to destroy predestination to do it.

What in fact you are doing is molding God down into human for to make Him more understandale to us, but in the process you are creating a pantheistic new age type view of god.

That's nonsense.

DEVO

nancy said:
Strawman.

No OV'er that I know of "destroys predestination". Yet, we must properly view what is predestined. EVERYTHING???? Or Some things?

When we assert that EVERYTHING is predestined you end up acting like a shmuck like Robin and Z Man blaming God for raping little girls. :vomit:

Agape4Robin

drbrumley said:
OK, just out of curiousity, ZMan and Robin

Is it your contention the events of September 11th were preordained from the beginning of time? Is it Gods fault for allowing that event, or someone else's? If someone else, who?
Obviously God allowed it. But the fault is with the men who acted on their hateful lust for vengence against "infidels". Yet God remains in control. He is still on the throne. One day we will understand His purpose.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This thread is like hunting giant fat cows that have no legs and cant run.

It's fun at first! Yet almost sad in a way and quickly becomes boring.

Agape4Robin

DEVO said:
Strawman.

No OV'er that I know of "destroys predestination". Yet, we must properly view what is predestined. EVERYTHING???? Or Some things?

When we assert that EVERYTHING is predestined you end up acting like a shmuck like Robin and Z Man blaming God for raping little girls. :vomit:
I NEVER blamed God...........

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
This thread is like hunting giant fat cows that have no legs and cant run.

It's fun at first! Yet almost sad in a way and quickly becomes boring.

At this point you start getting really embarrassed for them.