Does God know the future?

drbrumley

Agape4Robin said:
So, Lucifer's fall means God is no longer in control? Didn't Jesus demonstrate this when Lazarus died? Mary said that if He'd (Jesus) been there, her brother wouldn't have died. Then He demonstrated that nothing was out of His control!

Israel is a picture of the believer, but the story is not over. The end of these things has not yet come and God will be glorified!

For the 900th time, God is NOT IN CONTROL of everything BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO be in control of everything.

Can He exercise control if He so desired, yes. But He doesn't want to.

nancy

BANNED
Banned
You guys creation is the production of being from no pre-existng material. When you are talking about movement from past to present to future, you are talking abot hcange not creation. So to say God creates the future is actually incorrect.

Agape4Robin

Knight said:
Didn't you (just a couple posts ago) applaud Z Man for posting....For that post you said....Based on that, you should be able to answer the question . . .

YES or NO, am I (as a heretic Open Theist) fulfilling God's perfect plan for me that He created a millennia ago?
Let me say it slowly.....
how

should

I

know?

Agape4Robin

drbrumley said:
For the 900th time, God is NOT IN CONTROL of everything BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO be in control of everything.

Can He exercise control if He so desired, yes. But He doesn't want to.
And for the 901st time.....

Yes He is!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
Let me say it slowly.....
how

should

I

know?
:bang:

Do you agree with Z Man's statement . . .
It's not about us; it's all about God. He's doing as He sees fit to bring about whatever it is He so desires. Freewill is simply something humans make up to make themselves feel like they are in control. But, in all reality, it doesn't exist. You have no control over your life whatsoever. You cannot stop sinning, you cannot stop working, you cannot stop eating, you cannot even stop death. You have NO CONTROL. You make choices because you HAVE to, not because you're 'free' to make them.
You did applaud this statement so I assumed you agreed with it.

Agape4Robin

Knight said:
:bang:

Do you agree with Z Man's statement . . .You did applaud this statement so I assumed you agreed with it.
Yes, I agree with Z's statement.
How can I possibly know wether or not you are fulfilling God's purpose for your life? I don't know you and I don't think that Open theism will keep a believer out of heaven or is a compromise of salvation....at least I don't think so......... :think:

drbrumley

God thru His word, "I don't want to run your life for you. You are responsible for your actions"

Robin, "I don't want to run my life, I maybe responsible for my actions because I don't know the future, but only because you foreoradained them when you created the heavens and the earth."

Agape4Robin

drbrumley said:
God thru His word, "I don't want to run your life for you. You are responsible for your actions"

Robin, "I don't want to run my life, I maybe responsible for my actions because I don't know the future, but only because you foreoradained them when you created the heavens and the earth."
What? :dizzy:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
Yes, I agree with Z's statement.
How can I possibly know wether or not you are fulfilling God's purpose for your life? I don't know you and I don't think that Open theism will keep a believer out of heaven or is a compromise of salvation....at least I don't think so......... :think:
Ugh, this is so tragic... :hammer: Robin think about it.

If I have NO control over my life whatsoever (as you have agreed) how could I do anything BUT fulfill what God preplanned for me to do?

drbrumley

Knight said:

If I have NO control over my life whatsoever (as you have agreed) how could I do anything BUT fulfill what God preplanned for me to do?

It is that simple folks.

Agape4Robin

Knight said:

Jesus seemed content to live His life in fullfillment of God's plan. He even had the special "privlege" of knowing what manner of death awaited Him. As prophesied thousands of years before His birth. Should we also be content to fulfill our purpose according to God's will for us?

Z Man

Knight said:
Why is that?

Only a couple posts ago you stated..... Therefore,

YES or NO, am I (as a heretic Open Theist) fulfilling God's perfect plan for me that He created a millennia ago?

Your statement of . . .Would certainly indicate that you would answer this question with a "YES" (Yes, I am fulfilling God's perfect plan for me) since you assert that I have no control over my life whatsoever therefore I have no control over being a heretic Open Theist.

It seems to me then that this is a highly answerable question for you but you refuse to answer the question because it demonstrates how you inherently believe in freewill. You can't help but be frustrated with my belief in open theology even though you claim I have no control over it.

So humor us Z Man . . .

This is ridiculous, and exactly how I said it would go. You always go astray in a debate and set your eyes on bickering over small, irrelevant, incoherant, stupid, off-the-subject remarks that do nothing to help further the argument for either side. The only reason you do this is because you cannot, nor have you ever, faced the reality and the truth of God's Word. You always, ALWAYS, ignore it and with your narrow vision, try to confuse things and steer the debate waaay off track by bringing up the most random, insincere, stupid remarks.

I've told you already, I'm not going to answer that question because I don't know. In my human intellect, I would dare not say whether you were fulfilling God's perfect plan for you because that would incline that

a) I know everything about how God is suppose to work
b) If God does anything outside of what I know about how He's 'suppose' to work, then He's in error

I'm not God's judge. I'm not going to say whether or not you're fulfilling His will for you, because I have no idea what His will for you may be.

Not to mention that our definition of 'God's will', or His plan for your life, or His desire for you, may all be different between the both of us. This will lead us to speaking past one another. I really do not, and will not diverge down the road of debating whether or not you are fulfulling God's perfect plan for you for reasons already stated. Primarily, it would be arrogant for anyone to suggest that they know the mind of God and that they are right with His will, or not.

Who knows such things. I'm not God, so I'm not going to pretend to be by answering your stupid question. Anyone would be a fool to think they can judge God's actions and another person's spiritual life, to suggest whether or not His will is being carried out or not in an individuals life.

DEVO

Documenting mans devolution
Z Man said:
Here's my thinking; If it was predetermined for the boy to pick up the apple, he's going to do it anyways. When the time comes, the boy picks up the apple because he chose to, and yet, it was predestined long before time began. To make oneself feel more in 'control' they will say that they excersiced their 'freewill' to pick up that apple. But in all reality, God's the one in control, not us.
Z Man do you have any objection to the following alteration of your statement?
Z Man said:
Here's my thinking; If it was predetermined for the man violently rape the young girl, he's going to do it anyways. When the time comes, the girl because he chose to, and yet, it was predestined long before time began. To make oneself feel more in 'control' they will say that they excersiced their 'freewill' to rape that young girl. But in all reality, God's the one in control, not us.

drbrumley

Agape4Robin said:
Jesus seemed content to live His life in fullfillment of God's plan. He even had the special "privlege" of knowing what manner of death awaited Him. As prophesied thousands of years before His birth. Should we also be content to fulfill our purpose according to God's will for us?

Jesus is God in the flesh, we are not. Whats God's will for your life Robin?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
Have you ever considered answering a question?

I realize you love obfuscation as it clouds the silliness of your argument.

Z Man

DEVO said:
Z Man do you have any objection to the following alteration of your statement?
God's control and our responsibility go hand in hand. See above post to Knight that explains this using the Scriptures.

If God predestined the death and murder of His only Son, why do you have a hard time believing that He can do the same to us ordinary, sinful humans?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Z Man said:
This is ridiculous, and exactly how I said it would go. You always go astray in a debate and set your eyes on bickering over small, irrelevant, incoherant, stupid, off-the-subject remarks that do nothing to help further the argument for either side. The only reason you do this is because you cannot, nor have you ever, faced the reality and the truth of God's Word. You always, ALWAYS, ignore it and with your narrow vision, try to confuse things and steer the debate waaay off track by bringing up the most random, insincere, stupid remarks.

I've told you already, I'm not going to answer that question because I don't know. In my human intellect, I would dare not say whether you were fulfilling God's perfect plan for you because that would incline that

a) I know everything about how God is suppose to work
b) If God does anything outside of what I know about how He's 'suppose' to work, then He's in error

I'm not God's judge. I'm not going to say whether or not you're fulfilling His will for you, because I have no idea what His will for you may be.

Not to mention that our definition of 'God's will', or His plan for your life, or His desire for you, may all be different between the both of us. This will lead us to speaking past one another. I really do not, and will not diverge down the road of debating whether or not you are fulfulling God's perfect plan for you for reasons already stated. Primarily, it would be arrogant for anyone to suggest that they know the mind of God and that they are right with His will, or not.

Who knows such things. I'm not God, so I'm not going to pretend to be by answering your stupid question. Anyone would be a fool to think they can judge God's actions and another person's spiritual life, to suggest whether or not His will is being carried out or not in an individuals life.
LOL Man !!! I love this thread!!!

It's way too easy with you knuckle-heads!

Again.... it must suck to be you - Z Man you are a coward. Too afraid to answer a lil' ol' question. :D

Hey Z Man . . .

Agape4Robin

Knight said:
Have you ever considered answering a question?

I realize you love obfuscation as it clouds the silliness of your argument.

What is wrong with that?