Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What about when Jesus said, "I came not to judge the world, BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD?" John 12:47.

Jesus victoriously reconciles the world to God, 2 Corinthians 5:19, "So that WHOSOEVER that shall call on the name of the Lord can be saved" Romans 10:13.

Some are saved, and some are going to Hell. *Boom*, your argument fails because you're trying to have it both ways- God reconciled the world, BUT.. he didn't because you must believe :AMR:

Stop repeating that nonsense.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Arminiansm describes a god that is ANTI-biblical (it is a lie and not the truth). It presents a god that loves all without exception but sends most to hell in the end, a christ that died for all without exception and leaving most in hell (FAIL), and a god who wants to and desperately TRIES to save all without exception and fails with most. This is not the truth that sets free and not the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation. It is blasphemous to the holy character of God and His glory. It is a satanic lie and is a perversion of, both, the Person and work of Christ the Lord.

13321996_962337483882002_2408882918882957380_n.jpg

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
2 Thessalonians 2:10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

Proverbs 1:29 Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD. 30 "They would not accept my counsel, They spurned all my reproof. 31" So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way And be satiated with their own devices.…

There are those who hear and do not listen, and they are not of the elect but rather reprobates unable to heed council.

There's nothing in your enunciation within those verses that make any real point.

popsthebuilder

Arminiansm describes a god that is ANTI-biblical (it is a lie and not the truth). It presents a god that loves all without exception but sends most to hell in the end, a christ that died for all without exception and leaving most in hell (FAIL), and a god who wants to and desperately TRIES to save all without exception and fails with most. This is not the truth that sets free and not the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation. It is blasphemous to the holy character of God and His glory. It is a satanic lie and is a perversion of, both, the Person and work of Christ the Lord.

13321996_962337483882002_2408882918882957380_n.jpg
I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem accurate, and that graphic with the cross xing out the bible isn't helping anything.

If one believes in the resurrection of all upon the second coming then how can they justifiable surmise that GOD cannot ultimately bring all creation into accord with His Will?

Why would any honestly think that GOD would create anything only to eternally torture it? Did GOD not create all?

Just because there are repercussions for works, doesn't mean that they are eternal. In fact, we know them not to be based on scripture.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There are those who hear and do not listen, and they are not of the elect but rather reprobates unable to heed council.

There's nothing in your enunciation within those verses that make any real point.

A4T is coming closer to Truth, but she is still not factoring in the "Irresistible Grace" of God.

God's will cannot be changed, thwarted, or resisted . . when He changes the heart and empowers any sinner to believe in His Son. . when He so acts, so will it be!!

No human, whose heart is regenerated by God with faith in God, can afterwards resist the salvation of God. Impossible.

Such is the basis for the assurance of salvation confessed by the sons of God, and their preservation unto everlasting life. Not because of their will, but God's will worked in heaven and earth . . . alone.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A4T is coming closer to Truth, but she is still not factoring in the "Irresistible Grace" of God.

God's will cannot be changed, thwarted, or resisted . . when He changes the heart and empowers any sinner to believe in His Son. . when He so wills, so will it be!!

No human, whose heart is regenerated by God, with faith in God, can resist the salvation of God. Impossible.

Such is the basis for the assurance of salvation confessed by the sons of God, and their preservation unto everlasting life. Not because of their will, but God's will worked in heaven and earth . . . alone.

The cure for their confusion would be to read up on Saint Augustine's conclusion of God's immutability, which is what you have basically described. They don't understand that John Calvin's theology is based on an entire theological history and not out of arbitrary belief. That is why it boasts the name 'Reformed'- it's in stark contrast to the semi-Pelagian heresies of Middle Age ideology.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem accurate, and that graphic with the cross xing out the bible isn't helping anything.

If one believes in the resurrection of all upon the second coming then how can they justifiable surmise that GOD cannot ultimately bring all creation into accord with His Will?

Why would any honestly think that GOD would create anything only to eternally torture it? Did GOD not create all?

Just because there are repercussions for works, doesn't mean that they are eternal. In fact, we know them not to be based on scripture.

Peace

it didnt mean to x out the word. looks that way but its a shadow of a tulip. bad illustrator

430508_181711225277969_62065080_n.jpg

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

He was one of Calvin's students, something those Arminians keep neatly swept under the rug. His knowledge was built on the very thing he ended up opposing, which is why Arminianism is essentially little more than an inverted mirror of Calvinism.

In other words, Calvin was Big Boss- Arminius was Boy Rookie :chuckle:

popsthebuilder

God's will cannot be changed, thwarted, or resisted . . when He changes the heart and empowers any sinner to believe in His Son. . when He so acts, so will it be!!

No human, whose heart is regenerated by God with faith in God, can afterwards resist the salvation of God. Impossible.

Irresistible grace...this phrase has illuded me in scripture. Can you direct me towards it please?

Now that I think about it; refuse the grace of GOD is to knowingly go against the Will of GOD, of course leading others astray as well, or at least attempting to. Though the elect cannot be veered ultimately, it is my contention that one must be able, by their own will, to deviate from the narrow path, and the leading away of others is equal to blasphemy as far as I know.

Your statement confounds me.

Thank you,

Peace

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The cure for their confusion would be to read up on Saint Augustine's conclusion of God's immutability, which is what you have basically described. They don't understand that John Calvin's theology is based on an entire theological history and not just simply of his personal ideology.

Exactly . . Reformed (Calvin's) Theology is/was founded upon the attributes of God, (as Augustine also eventually discovered and taught) but humanistic enemies use that as their point of argument against us.

They say:
"How dare Calvinists define their faith according to the essence, attributes, and sovereign will of God, rather than according to their own limited intellect, human virtues, and philosophies of supposed humanistic 'free' will?"

That is the exact basis of Dispensational and MAD beliefs.

Their humanistic philosophy is proposed, with the intent to deliberately obfuscate the Gospel Truth founded upon the holy attributes of God Almighty.

They so attempt, but God's light will always overcome darkness of all sorts . . .

Arthur Brain

Peace

Another aspect of the sickness of the doctrine...

popsthebuilder

He was one of Calvin's students, something those Arminians keep neatly swept under the rug. His knowledge was built on the very thing he ended up opposing, which is why Arminianism is essentially little more than an inverted mirror of Calvinism.

In other words, Calvin was Big Boss- Arminius was Boy Rookie :chuckle:
So basically they shouldn't be quibbling over vain imaginings as opposed to strengthening one another for the sake of all?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
He was one of Calvin's students, something those Arminians keep neatly swept under the rug. His knowledge was built on the very thing he ended up opposing, which is Arminianism is essentially little more than an inverted mirror of Calvinism.

Yes, Arminius was a student and disciple of Calvin. It was only his followers, who named themselves the "Remonstrants," that later confronted and opposed Calvin's teachings of Election, etc.

They opposed Calvin on five fronts, for which purpose the Synod of Dordt gathered to correct . . and from the clarifications of the five points from the Reformed point of view, what we nowadays refer to as "TULIP" was formally presented as a 5-point systematic apologetic of Calvin's views.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So basically they shouldn't be quibbling over vain imaginings as opposed to strengthening one another for the sake of all?

Even for those of us who do not believe in Universalism . . we cannot quibble when it comes to whom we should proclaim the saving Gospel of Grace or not . . because only God knows who will be actually saved and resurrected to everlasting life in the end.

All those who have been strengthened in mind and soul by the grace of Jesus Christ, should only be concerned with strengthening all others.

Those obsessed with Godly secrets and gospel "mysteries" are uncaring, unloving, selfish and superstitious Gnostics.

popsthebuilder

Even for those of us who do not believe in Universalism . . we cannot quibble when it comes to whom we should proclaim the saving Gospel of Grace or not . . because only God knows who will be actually saved and resurrected to everlasting life in the end.

All those who have been strengthened in mind and soul by the grace of Jesus Christ, should only be concerned with strengthening all others.

Those obsessed with Godly secrets and gospel "mysteries" are uncaring, unloving, selfish and superstitious Gnostics.
I humbly ask that you not mistake my own stance for universalism per say, but universal reconciliation. Though the terms can be seen as similar, the term universalism paints with too wide a brush as if all is good regardless of belief or action. Such a claim, I in no way adhere to or believe.

Thank you.

Peace