Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I humbly ask that you not mistake my own stance for universalism per say, but universal reconciliation. Though the terms can be seen as similar, the term universalism paints with too wide a brush as if all is good regardless of belief or action. Such a claim, I in no way adhere to or believe.

Thank you.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

I beg your pardon. I did take what I have read of your views, as being Universalism, but I am also a believer in the universal reconciliation of all things accomplished by Jesus Christ.

My bad . . and perhaps we should both make effort to clarify the differences between the terms of belief!

Arthur Brain

Even for those of us who do not believe in Universalism . . we cannot quibble when it comes to whom we should proclaim the saving Gospel of Grace or not . . because only God knows who will be actually saved and resurrected to everlasting life in the end.

All those who have been strengthened in mind and soul by the grace of Jesus Christ, should only be concerned with strengthening all others.

Those obsessed with Godly secrets and gospel "mysteries" are uncaring, unloving, selfish and superstitious Gnostics.

Your belief system is hardly loving Nang. According to you I could have two nieces that are destined for "hell" if they aren't part of the "chosen", so you really don't get to use the terms 'selfish' etc with any validity frankly.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Anything in regards to eternal torment, from any denominational perspective. It's sick from any view.

^
Christianity isn't liberal enough for atheists. Hell is a no-no for them because they think God should be some genie in the sky giving anyone what they want.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Your belief system is hardly loving Nang. According to you I could have two nieces that are destined for "hell" if they aren't part of the "chosen", so you really don't get to use the terms 'selfish' etc with any validity frankly.

Since I first met you online, I have prayed God's grace be shown your nieces.

Do you?

Do you witness to them about the Incarnation, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

For it is through the means of proclaiming this Gospel that they will be drawn to Christ, God willing.

Do you exhibit faith in Him, to so witness to them His Gospel?

popsthebuilder

^
Christianity isn't liberal enough for atheists. Hell is a no-no for them because they think God should be some genie in the sky giving anyone what they want.
And it is for us to attempt to iron out these wrinkles in one's perceptions with strong logic and common sense. It can be a task, and should be, but can be done. How are we getting on the topic of atheism again?

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Arthur Brain

^

Well, considering I'm not an atheist then there's your first fail. Anyone with the slightest ounce of compassion would balk at the notion of torture in itself let alone eternal torment for others so there's your second.

Given that you've already proved yourself to be a misogynist extraordinaire then your fails have already hit the roof and gone through it...

Arthur Brain

Since I first met you online, I have prayed God's grace be shown your nieces.

Do you?

Do you witness to them about the Incarnation, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

For it is through the means of proclaiming this Gospel that they will be drawn to Christ, God willing.

Do you exhibit faith in Him, to so witness to them His Gospel?

No, I don't. It wouldn't make a shred of difference one way or the other anyway would it? If they're part of the 'elite' then it's already done regardless right?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, I don't. It wouldn't make a shred of difference one way or the other anyway would it? If they're part of the 'elite' then it's already done regardless right?

You harbor the view of a skeptic.

however, I am an optimistic believer and hope to be a participant/instrument according to God's means (the preaching of the good news about Jesus Christ saving souls) by so witnessing to His saving grace.

I cannot directly talk with your nieces, but I can care about them and pray for their souls. And I do.

And I pray that God will convert your heart, so maybe some day they might hear the Gospel message directly from you!

Arthur Brain

You harbor the view of a skeptic.

however, I am an optimistic believer and hope to be a participant/instrument according to God's means (the preaching of the good news about Jesus Christ saving souls) by so witnessing to His saving grace.

I cannot directly talk with your nieces, but I can care about them and pray for their souls. And I do.

And I pray that God will convert your heart, so maybe some day they might hear the Gospel message directly from you!

It wouldn't matter if you could talk directly with them or not, or anybody else's loved ones either Nang. By your belief everyone has already been 'allocated' their place no matter what. If they're the 'reprobate' then you could preach and pray all you like, they'll still be 'lost' right?

I may not be anything approaching a 'saint' Nang but I'd have to sacrifice all manner of compassion and empathy to embrace your belief system, and I'd sooner not do that.

beloved57

What about when Jesus said, "I came not to judge the world, BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD?" John 12:47.

Jesus victoriously reconciles the world to God, 2 Corinthians 5:19, "So that WHOSOEVER that shall call on the name of the Lord can be saved" Romans 10:13.

Promoting salvation by works, by what a person does!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
On the contrary. I have not been posting in some dark corner. All is here for review and plainly attests to the fact that your claims of doing battle, fisticuffs, tooth and nail, are nothing more than dozens of posts of opinions versus what I have provided in response.

You apparently think hopping around and waving your arms about substitutes for actual direct engagement.

AMR

You're an excellent "Baloney Salesman." I mean that in the kindest way possible. Calvinism is Baloney. Most logical people would have to agree.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some are saved, and some are going to Hell. *Boom*, your argument fails because you're trying to have it both ways- God reconciled the world, BUT.. he didn't because you must believe :AMR:

Stop repeating that nonsense.

I'm happy to see you have been silenced along with your false doctrines. You trust in "Another gospel." I believe you're a detriment to the truth of the Gospel and a horrendous bad influence. I'm happy you were banned.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Arminiansm describes a god that is ANTI-biblical (it is a lie and not the truth). It presents a god that loves all without exception but sends most to hell in the end, a christ that died for all without exception and leaving most in hell (FAIL), and a god who wants to and desperately TRIES to save all without exception and fails with most. This is not the truth that sets free and not the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation. It is blasphemous to the holy character of God and His glory. It is a satanic lie and is a perversion of, both, the Person and work of Christ the Lord.

13321996_962337483882002_2408882918882957380_n.jpg

Another "Baloney Salesman."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Exactly . . Reformed (Calvin's) Theology is/was founded upon the attributes of God, (as Augustine also eventually discovered and taught) but humanistic enemies use that as their point of argument against us.

They say:
"How dare Calvinists define their faith according to the essence, attributes, and sovereign will of God, rather than according to their own limited intellect, human virtues, and philosophies of supposed humanistic 'free' will?"

That is the exact basis of Dispensational and MAD beliefs.

Their humanistic philosophy is proposed, with the intent to deliberately obfuscate the Gospel Truth founded upon the holy attributes of God Almighty.

They so attempt, but God's light will always overcome darkness of all sorts . . .

You're religiously invested in a false gospel and a myriad of false doctrine. Congratulations, you hit the jackpot!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Other than the "Grace Gospel," there is NO other Gospel around today that can guarantee eternal life and the receiving of the Righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ, as well. ALL other false gospels lead to "The Lake of Fire." Those who reject God's free gift of salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ will someday stand before God the Father and be judged by their WORKS. Subsequently, they will be cast into "The Lake of Fire." That will also be the same place where Satan and his ilk will spend eternity.

Reject the Grace Gospel and be incarcerated in eternal damnation and agony. The anguish will NEVER end. When you close your eyes in death, you will open them in a holding place called Hades until the Judgement. It's a place of torment and fire. These two places are spoken of in the Bible. You need not suffer this end. You MUST hear the Gospel and place ALL your faith in Christ as your Savior. Without God's Grace, you will suffer beyond human imagination. The anguish will linger on forever. There is no way out once you leave this world without Christ as your Savior. It scares me just thinking about it, it always has since I was 12 years old and not saved at the time.