Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'll give "credit" to AMR though. He, because of his advanced education, puts up a better argument then Nang. Although, they're both entirely WRONG about almost everything imaginable.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's difficult for a Calvinist to explain Calvinism and make it sound logical. Especially if you've read both the Old and New Testaments cover to cover. In their own way, Calvinists will ask you to close your eyes to a large portion of Scriptures, before reading.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I do not call any part of Truth (Holy Scripture) to be antinomy, paradox, or contradiction. I am a "Clarkian," remember. . .

Please explain how this....

“The devil, and the whole train of the ungodly, are in all directions, held in by the hand of God as with a bridle, so that they can neither conceive any mischief, nor plan what they have conceived, nor how muchsoever they may have planned, move a single finger to perpetrate, unless in so far as he permits, nay unless in so far as he commands, that they are not only bound by his fetters but are even forced to do him service” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 17, Paragraph 11)

and this...

“Therefore, those whom God passes over, he condemns; and this he does for no other reason than that he wills to exclude them from the inheritance which he predestines for his own children.” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christia/n Religion, Book 3, Chapter 23, Paragraph 1)

are logically compatible with the administering of deserved punishment or reward (i.e. with justice).

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S. If Nang answers this question at all, she will be forced to render the term 'justice' to be synonymous with 'arbitrary', effectively rendering the term meaningless. Justice to her is whatever she claims that their god has done. There is, therefore, no appeal to justice that could ever be made that would move a Calvinist an inch. If their god ordered the rape and murder of all five-year-old children, they'd say that their god has the right - the RIGHT - to do so and that we would be evil for refusing his order. It is, therefore, completely meaningless for them to say that their god is just. He isn't just, he just is. "Just" does not describe their god, their god defines justice. Their god, therefore, does not do what he does because it is righteous but whatever he does is righteous because he did it - no matter what it is. Thus, the question that this thread poses is a meaningless, unanswerable question in the mind of the Calvinist. So, sit back and watch as Nang explains how justice is synonymous with its opposite.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Please explain how this....

“The devil, and the whole train of the ungodly, are in all directions, held in by the hand of God as with a bridle, so that they can neither conceive any mischief, nor plan what they have conceived, nor how muchsoever they may have planned, move a single finger to perpetrate, unless in so far as he permits, nay unless in so far as he commands, that they are not only bound by his fetters but are even forced to do him service” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 17, Paragraph 11)

and this...

“Therefore, those whom God passes over, he condemns; and this he does for no other reason than that he wills to exclude them from the inheritance which he predestines for his own children.” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christia/n Religion, Book 3, Chapter 23, Paragraph 1)

are logically compatible with the administering of deserved punishment or reward (i.e. with justice).

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S. If Nang answers this question at all, she will be forced to render the term 'justice' to be synonymous with 'arbitrary', effectively rendering the term meaningless. Justice to her is whatever she claims that their god has done. There is, therefore, no appeal to justice that could ever be made that would move a Calvinist an inch. If their god ordered the rape and murder of all five-year-old children, they'd say that their god has the right - the RIGHT - to do so and that we would be evil for refusing his order. It is, therefore, completely meaningless for them to say that their god is just. He isn't just, he just is. "Just" does not describe their god, their god defines justice. Their god, therefore, does not do what he does because it is righteous but whatever he does is righteous because he did it - no matter what it is. Thus, the question that this thread poses is a meaningless, unanswerable question in the mind of the Calvinist. So, sit back and watch as Nang explains how justice is synonymous with its opposite.

"Justice" is synonymous with "righteousness."

popsthebuilder

It's difficult for a Calvinist to explain Calvinism and make it sound logical. Especially if you've read both the Old and New Testaments cover to cover. In their own way, Calvinists will ask you to close your eyes to a large portion of Scriptures, before reading.
Could you please give clarification as to what specific areas of scripture you are referring to?

Thank you.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How do you know that Jesus only spoke to Paul?

1. The absence of evidence is not proof of absence.
2. The ascended Jesus also spoke to John when he was on the Isle of Patmos.

I think Paul was the first and only Apostle to be given new information about the new gospel of grace. Yes, there is John of Patmos, but does the Bible say that Jesus Christ appeared to John?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I think Paul was the first and only Apostle to be given new information about the new gospel of grace. Yes, there is John of Patmos, but does the Bible say that Jesus Christ appeared to John?

The gospel of grace has always been the same message . . since it was first given to Eve. Genesis 3:15

And of course Jesus "appeared" to John. John was the Apostle that walked with Jesus preaching the gospel of grace by announcing that Christ was indeed the one promised to come and usher in the Kingdom of God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The gospel of grace has always been the same message . . since it was first given to Eve. Genesis 3:15

And of course Jesus "appeared" to John. John was the Apostle that walked with Jesus preaching the gospel of grace by announcing that Christ was indeed the one promised to come and usher in the Kingdom of God.
You poor lost soul

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Don't project your own faults upon me. :madmad:

popsthebuilder

Why do Calvinists show such admiration for the "brothers that went before" and post the pictures of dead Calvinists in their signatures? Calvinism has a tendency towards near ancestor-worship in that fashion.
I no nothing about that and can't speak for others.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why do Calvinists show such admiration for the "brothers that went before" and post the pictures of dead Calvinists in their signatures? Calvinism has a tendency towards near ancestor-worship in that fashion.

Why do MADists practically worship Paul?

Respecting and garnering spiritual educations from the early church fathers, is natural, wise, and encouraged for those who desire to delve into the rich truths and doctrines of their faith.

Why would you consider holding up theologians' portraits, to bring into remembrance their very existence, as well as their historical efforts that benefited and spiritually fed the Christian church down through the years, as something wrong or bad?

Actually, there is not a Protestant church functioning today, if it had not been for Calvin, Luther, Zwingli, etc. There would be world-domination by the RCC, if they had not lived and faithfully stood for biblical truths.

popsthebuilder

I give you credit for one thing. At least you make an ATTEMPT to sound like you know what you're talking about. Some succeed, where you fail, but, at least you try.
Well it's a good thing I find your opinion irrelevant.

If you something to prove then prove it with scripture; but you already said you're too good to do that for little ole me, so why even speak?

Oh yeah, you speak only to degrade the stance of brothers in Christ. For a second I forgot.

Peace

musterion

Temper, temper Nang. It's best to watch your blood pressure. I know, because I have high blood pressure too. I just don't get as angry, cranky, and frustrated, as you.

Careful, Gros. She'll bring down the wrath of the Clavin god upon thee.

Wait...if you're elect but not saved yet, you're already safe. If you're reprobate, God's already damned you. So it don't matter either way.

Carry on, sir.